Wool Qus.

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Ok now my lanolin has arrived i want to start using my woolens and get some practical experience. So I need to lanolise over night first? Do i need to wash with wool wash first or just a soak in lanolin? Do you just let yours air dry after? Is one overnight do with lanolin enough on new woolens? then you use them, after they've been worn you just hang them out to dry and air some? It's when they start to smell they need relanolising isn't it? Is this when you give them a wash with wool wash then lanolise again?

okay too many questions :blush:

i wash with wool wash first as any dye can leak at first, then lanolise for 8 hours, squash in a towel and air dry. then use and see how they go - usually lanolise again within a few days to a week, then roughly once a month after that. i just hang them on a rack thing in the morning when i take them off audrey and they're ready to use again at night. and yep, just wash and lanolise again when the smell doesn't go when they're dry !

Ok now my lanolin has arrived i want to start using my woolens and get some practical experience. So I need to lanolise over night first? Do i need to wash with wool wash first or just a soak in lanolin? Do you just let yours air dry after? Is one overnight do with lanolin enough on new woolens? then you use them, after they've been worn you just hang them out to dry and air some? It's when they start to smell they need relanolising isn't it? Is this when you give them a wash with wool wash then lanolise again?

okay too many questions :blush:

I lanolise overnight first yeap. I dont wash them first, I just put them in to lanolise without anything else.
I squish in a towel (stomp!) and then lay them on another towel to air dry. Ive only lanolised mine once before using overnight and they are perfectly good but I am somewhat generous with the lanolin :rofl:
In the morning I take them off and hang them over the side of the cot bed (it gets used as a wool/wrap hanger...thats its only job!)
If they smell or you have washed them more than once without relanolising then yeah they need doing. I have found it ok if they get a bit of poo on (it happens as T still too small for his WNNN and if he poos in them it can leak out a bit) then I do them in the wool wash and they are great to use without bothering to lanolise again.

Ok so i lanolised last night. I first did a wash with wool wash that contained lanolin rinsed and then gave them a soak overnight in lanolin. This morning after we dried them off some, they seemed a little sticky? Is this because i've over lanolised or does it sound about right? As they're drying off they seem less so admittidley :flower:

mine are bloody always sticky, i find the stickier the more waterproof but im still pretty sure im doing it wrong hahaha

i think its just trial and error to get the right amount in the right amount of water

x

mine feel sticky until they're dry, sometimes a little when they're dry, but a night soaked in audrey pee sorts them out :rofl:

sticky means a bit too much lanolin...its fine though, just use a bit less lanolin next time you do them :)

Is there a way to strip the lanolin if you do too much then? They seem okay now they're tbh, hoping to give them a go soon!

nah, they dont stay sticky very long, usually just til dry, even if they stay a teeny bit sticky it goes after a use.

I waaaay overlanolised my first lot... I kind of blotted them with a teatowel and some of the worst of it came off.

Eeep just bought some Disana pull ons and some apple blosson lanolin from Donna, cant wait to give it a bash, forgot about it being BH weekend tho, should have ordered it a few days ago but forgot!

All my qs have been answered here, ty ladies x

and they should arrive at an appropriate time, when you're not feeding a baby, changing a poopy nappy, or god forbid... out of the house !

:rofl: delivery by scheduled apointment only!

hahaha they do that, its called next day before 9 delivery, doesnt help that it costs about £250 to send one parcel though lmfao

x

thats no good for bank holidays! and before 9am pfffft!!

lol ellie nor me!!

Right we're having our first night in wool :happydance: one thought that occured to me though, and i'm sorry if this is a stupid qu but can you put pants over the top? Normally she wears pjs, have popped her in a nightie tonight though just incase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->