woolwich

Is it true that the man was collecting for injured soldiers?

It most certainly can be terrorism if the motive and intentions fit.

So how do you differentiate between a crazy murderer and a terrorist if there is no terrorist organisation involved?

Just my mere opinion (!) But I think if the intention was for a certain reason then I class that as terrorism. To make threats about "no ones safe" etc whether said for the sake of it or not are imo a attack of terrorism.

My mum and dad are not even from the uk! So no, I am not against foreign peoples nor am I against religion, I just dont think there is any excuse. He was not insane.

My mum and dad are not even from the uk! So no, I am not against foreign peoples nor am I against religion, I just dont think there is any excuse. He was not insane.

No one here is saying you are? But to give someone the excuse of terrorism is no different to an excuse of insane, it is still just us trying to comprehend how they could do such a thing because nobody here wants to think they would do it for no reason.

No one is calling the people on this thread racist you dont have to keep defending yourself, but the reaction of a large portion of the country has been incredibly racist and xenophobic. We have no idea if he was insane or not, none of us know anything about it really. Just because we are disgusted by the way in which islamophobia in this country has appeared in light of these attacks does not mean we are excusing his actions, I dont know why you would even think that.

Surely it's different insane people have no control over themselve in a way (not saying it makes it ok)

Surely it's different insane people have no control over themselve in a way (not saying it makes it ok)

What do you mean? There are various mental illnesses that can lead to violent and delusional behaviour. Not all mentally ill people are totally unable to function in day to day life.

Om not sure, but they were just two guys. We don't know if these two men did or didn't have links yet

Exactly we don't know so until we do people should just calm down and not attack mosques or riot

Someone can be mentally disturbed but appear perfectly lucid. Anders Behring Breivik managed to write a whole manifesto, I don't believe he was totally insane as some tried to claim but seriously mentally disturbed, yes. Mentally ill/disturbed doesn't mean that someone is a ranting jelly sitting in the corner of a padded cell muttering incoherently xx

I dont there is any excuse either religion or insanity. I do however think its wrong he was preaching his views (if true) in the town centre! I just seems anytime a crime like this is made that anyone calling the attacker scum is a muslim hating racist!? I dont agree with the extreme hate posts on fb but I honestly think they are evil scum and don't deserve human rights tbh!?

MF this isnt about people calling them scum, its about people automatically including his religion in his motives for murder, its about people saying things like 'british and proud' and 'send him back to his own country' when he is obviously British, just not white!

Someone can be mentally disturbed but appear perfectly lucid. Anders Behring Breivik managed to write a whole manifesto, I don't believe he was totally insane as some tried to claim but seriously mentally disturbed, yes. Mentally ill/disturbed doesn't mean that someone is a ranting jelly sitting in the corner of a padded cell muttering incoherently xx

I was just about to mention Breivik. I didn't see anyone burning down churches after he murdered all those children.

Yeah some people have not watched the news and are just jumping on the bandwagon.

I cant believe how brave that woman was though!

I was just about to mention Breivik. I didn't see anyone burning down churches after he murdered all those children.

Of course not. People are more than capable to separate a religious group from a crazy person when said religion is Christianity!

I dont there is any excuse either religion or insanity. I do however think its wrong he was preaching his views (if true) in the town centre! I just seems anytime a crime like this is made that anyone calling the attacker scum is a muslim hating racist!? I dont agree with the extreme hate posts on fb but I honestly think they are evil scum and don't deserve human rights tbh!?

I agree. There is no excuse for the reactions of a lot people on fb. No excuse whatsoever. But the two men who committed this crime (whatever that motive may be) ARE evil. Whether Islam told them to do it or whether they are mentally unstable is indifferent to me. Which ever way you look at it, removing someones head in a public place with meat cleavers/knives/maschettes is so utterly wrong and justice needs to be served for that poor boy.

It's a bit of a moot point but there is no indication from anywhere the soldier was actually beheaded. Even the woman who spoke to both knife men and stood very close to the body said he had been badly stabbed but not beheaded. It doesn't really matter it's still appalling but a lot of people are running off with the whole 'beheaded' angle as proof this was a terrorist action when it doesn't appear to be true xx

Islam didnt tell them to do this, even if they claim it did they are just hiding behind a religion to suit their own twisted needs.

And why did no-one call the police and report these men if they were indeed preaching in the town centre (though I do have friends in Woolwich and they have never seen these men before)? The police would take action. I have reported some Al Muhajiroun sympathisers to the police before they had a paltalk room operating from London and Luton and action was taken against the perpetrators immediately and their room was closed down. Unfortunately in London people tend to turn a blind eye to these things and then claim the police won't do anything when this isn't the case xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->