woolwich

He said the reason they done this is because Muslims are dying by British soldiers every day he goes on to say eye for an eye and says to bring the troops home so we can live in peace :flower:

I think I can see what r is trying to say but I don't think you worded it right IMO. I don't think anyone here is trying for one miniute to justify what these men did. I do think saying it is men who were having a mental episode ( sorry I can't remember the exact phrase ) was maybe also not worded right. The sad fact is terrorism does happen in this country and we can't brush that aside and blame it on mental health

I am shocked at the racist comments on my Facebook... This morning I've deleted 13 people ( well overdue ) I can't even read some comments on other fb pages. The ignorance of some folk is quite terrifying x

Right now I'm embarrassed to be part of the military community, the disgusting, ignorant racism being said in the military's name ( and by SOME soldiers I know) on my Facebook is awful. People want to support the military community right now? Great, it's appreciated, but they don't have to bring down entire sections of society to do so. I'm beginning to think our education system is seriously failing us with some of the reactions.

Even in Afghanistan if we shoot and injure someone (even the enemy, deliberately) and don't kill them we have to treat them, a bit odd and a contradiction, but yes it's what separates us.

MarineWAG that is sad.

Just to clarify what I meant by not being able to see this as terrorism- I mean obviously these men aren't representative of Islam but I don't see them as representative of what we see as 'terrorists' either. They targeted a soldier and claimed to be Muslim but to me they just looked like ranting crackheads. The crashed car and the posing for photos. I can hardly see Al Quaeda or another organisation 'claiming' this attack.

I guess we will have to see what comes to light in the next few days, but I understand that these two men were 'clean skins' ie were not known to authorities for any terrorist activity.

I think for me also, terrorism usually inspires terror- I'd say there is usually a degree of coordination or certainly aiming to kill or maim as many innocents as possible, and in this case there were members of the public standing between the attackers and victim.

The end result didn't make me feel terrorised. It made me think they were crazy crack heads.

I'm not a Muslim but I live really close to a mosque, a Quran memorising school and a language school (like can see them from my window) and if some fucking EDL ignorant twats start causing trouble then I might feel terrorised.

You know what, I 100% agree with what you say R. I rubbish at wording too. I dont think they mean too but some posts here do actually sound a bit defensive. Yeah some posts on fb are horrible but people are angry and upset.

The whole thing is baffling :(

I agree too. There were two men covered in blood after just chopping up a soldier ( sorry thats what happened though:( ) ranting about government and the killings of Muslims and people here are saying but what would we be saying if it was a white man saying a Christian prayer, but it wasn't so I don't see the relevance. I have seen no racist comments here so I don't really know why we have to go there.

I'm crap at explaining what I mean ( sorry mummy with no sleep )I hate racists but I also get annoyed when anything you say your accused of being an islamophobic.

All this about mental issues its rather unlikely two people would get together and kill a solider right outside his barracks with plenty of weapons in tow

Because who murders someone and sticks around for interviews? It is not exactly the actions of someone with a sane mind. Many eye witnesses said it was a crazed attack, to me that suggest they werent in control.

I looked on google maps and it says it is a sixteen minute walk from the barracks to where it was, so not outside his barracks.

The thing is people with mental health issues find each other all the time, just because there were two of them doesnt rule that.

It is outside the barracks. I walked past the exact spot every day for 10 years!

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/01fella/IMG_5762_zps38f818b8.jpg

one of them men who done this, i have seen plently of times in woolwich with his stand shouting out hate towards the western word. he has preached in woolwich for a long time and his preachings are not nice, they are about how us white people will be going to hell our western waays are shamefull...they also did know he was a solder, the two men after they killed this man, were running about talking to people taking pics asking people to film them, and they said this solder goes to my county and kills my men, we are only doing to them what they do to us.... their car has been driving round the barracks for a long time a lot of people have commented on it.... as i said in my first post this is where i live. the road it happened on was the road i loved before i moved 5 mins down the road.. i know a lot of the people who witnessed this....

its scary i have to go to hospital for baby check up, but i am scared.... you dont know whats going to happened anymore. do not feel safe, i reckon riots will be starting soon. :(

You know what, I 100% agree with what you say R. I rubbish at wording too. I dont think they mean too but some posts here do actually sound a bit defensive. Yeah some posts on fb are horrible but people are angry and upset.

If posts come across defensive it is because they are defending the people who are likely to be worse off from all this- Muslims and minorities, we can condemn the actions of these men without condemning a whole religion/race or turning it into an immigration debate. Just because people don't see this event as an act of terrorism or in the name of a group of people doesn't mean they are any less angered or upset by it. I am angry, upset, worried even, but I am capable of putting the blame in the right place and think others should be too. I genuinely think they love the drama (on my Facebook at least).

Will be assiduously avoiding all rolling news today in order that I don't end up tossing my TV out the window. Really struggling with how one admittedly horrific, but ultimately false flag incident has managed to stir up the inner xenophobe in a frightening number of our population. Condemnation of immigrants, decrying people of colour and a wholesale castigation of an entire faith system based on nothing more than the shit shoveled down their throats by the talking arsepieces on the ever more breathless 'news' channels.The thing is, even if what they say is true, this crime has nothing to do with race, religion or accident of birth. A psychopath is still a rip roaring root-de-toot regardless of whatever fairy tale he decides to live his life by. A sociopath with homicidal tendencies, if left unchecked, will still eventually cause a carnage no matter if he's white, green or polka fucking dotted.At the end of the day, this event remains too incredibly stage managed - almost as if a Hollywood producer has created it by focus group - to ever seem credible. A multi-media, full HD, all singing, all tweeting slice of US style infotainment. Think about it; you have pretty much all the elements at play here required to get Middle England's knickers in a right fucking twist; angry black men, fallen squaddie, frightened women and children, quasi-religious*undertones all underlined with big bloody handprints. Even the most cursory of glances at today's front pages are enough to see how all this is guaranteed to inflame the racism and 'send 'em back' mentality that's slowly infecting our villages, towns and cities from Cornwall to Caithness.Now I understand that people will only believe what they are told. However, in this post 'War on Terror' era, surely we have the collective nous to know when the powers that be are pulling a fast one? Have the lessons of Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya not been learned? Perhaps if 'sheeple' gleaned their understanding of current affairs from a source other than whatever salaciously scummy red top they buy, I might not have to ask that question!Regardless - enough with the hate! For a nation pretty much built off the backs of black men, women and children; and for a society thats nearly always relied on immigration for it's continued prosperity we can't half come across as narrow minded bigots. Maybe some of us should chill out and check the facts before going all BNP, eh? Just a thought...

This is not my words but what a friend has just posted on fb. The media have fuelled this situation and in the coming days it will get worse. How are the poor mans family going to feel being able to watch his murder? Its shocking that these videos have been allowed to get into the media and so easily distributed.

R.I.P soldier

the only person i feel sorry for is that poor boy just walking alrong the road who then got attacked to death..... thats the place for pity...

I agree too. There were two men covered in blood after just chopping up a soldier ( sorry thats what happened though:( ) ranting about government and the killings of Muslims and people here are saying but what would we be saying if it was a white man saying a Christian prayer, but it wasn't so I don't see the relevance. I have seen no racist comments here so I don't really know why we have to go there.

I'm crap at explaining what I mean ( sorry mummy with no sleep )I hate racists but I also get annoyed when anything you say your accused of being an islamophobic.

EXACTLY, I am not an islamophobic by all means. I think most people behind rants on fb have not thought before posting and are just angry and disgusted.
Its like when bin laden died and some people were saying hes still a life, a dad, a husband. Wtf, we had the flags out here! Anyway, thats off topic but sometimes you wonder why someone who would behead someone like that even deserves a fair trial!

one of them men who done this, i have seen plently of times in woolwich with his stand shouting out hate towards the western word. he has preached in woolwich for a long time and his preachings are not nice.

You know, I said to my husband last night after seeing the news footage that I was sure it was the man who preached in Woolwich centre on that little stall.

It's absolutely disgusting what these two men did. I really can't fathom how someone could ever do that to another human being. To be calling it terrorism just doesn't seem right to me though. Maybe it is. Without a doubt this is cold blooded murder of the most horrific kind and is never justifiable.

The images and videos of one of the murderers being shown by the media are truly disturbing. It must have been horrifying to see. I can't imagine how the family of the poor man feel seeing this splashed over the tv and papers and my thoughts are with them.

That Is totally ridiculous - no one here has even come close to defending that man, we are just saying that it is pretty indicative of the mindset towards Muslims in this country that people are immediately concluding that it must be terrorism. Just because someone is angry does not excuse spouting racist and xenophobic bullshit, incidents like this usually just bring out all the horrible views people have secretly had all along.

the only person i feel sorry for is that poor boy just walking alrong the road who then got attacked to death..... thats the place for pity...

I feel sorry for him, his family, his friends, the community in Woolwich, the bystanders, the police on the scene, any victims of hate violence that come about from the ignorance of events, unfortunately it spreads a lot further than this one man which is why it is an act of terrorism to me because it has certainly incited terror on a political level and brought the worst in a lot of people.

I feel sorry for him, his family, his friends, the community in Woolwich, the bystanders, the police on the scene, any victims of hate violence that come about from the ignorance of events, unfortunately it spreads a lot further than this one man which is why it is an act of terrorism to me because it has certainly incited terror on a political level and brought the worst in a lot of people.

Yes that's true.

I haven't read through the whole thread, only read the first couple of pages.

The news of this poor boy being blugeoned to death is absolutely HORRENDOUS. So so so shocking.

What is equally as shocking is the number of people I know that are suddenly extremely stupid, racist, xenophobic idiots. :nope:

I am absolutely disgusted with some of the things I have read on facebook and feel very very very sorry for the innocent British Muslim population who will undoubtedly now receive a massive backlash from all of this.

The whole situation STINKS of irony. The people on my fb who are now suggesting ridiculous mass riots etc and making quite frankly STUPID remarks about removing muslims from "our" country etc are equally as bad as those two men who committed that horrific crime yesterday. One religion and race hating on another.

:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->