woolwich

Can it be terrisom if it was just the two men

What I mean is you normally get some sort of organisation claiming an act of terrisom, unless that happens I just see it as 2 nut jobs

That's what I mean missy, no organisation has claimed it so it was probably just two crazy/terrible people...however I do agree with you marine wag, it has definitely incited terror regardless :(

What I mean is you normally get some sort of organisation claiming an act of terrisom, unless that happens I just see it as 2 nut jobs

What about be bostom bombers ?

I mean in a way is it any different to two skin heads beating up an Asian

Maybe I am oversimplifying but people in Britian do have a history of going off at the deep end without knowing the facts and the media should take a large portion of the blame for that

I am in no way sticking up for the murders btw, it was a terrible thing to happen

I just don't think its ok to walk around shouting how much you hate soliders blah blah blah. This was a planned attack and I think the usual people jump down others necks trying to make people sound racist when we are not. I just dont think they had mental issues, they knew exactly what they were doing.

I don't know what the definition of terrorism is tbh, if he was a civilian and not "property" or a by product of the MOD would it still be terrorism? I'm not sure if the act was terrorism or if the reaction has made it terrorism.

Om not sure, but they were just two guys. We don't know if these two men did or didn't have links yet

I mean in a way is it any different to two skin heads beating up an Asian

I am in no way sticking up for the murders btw, it was a terrible thing to happen

It is different that is racism (yes still awful)

I just don't think its ok to walk around shouting how much you hate soliders blah blah blah. This was a planned attack and I think the usual people jump down others necks trying to make people sound racist when we are not. I just dont think they had mental issues, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Agree :thumbup:

Was there rioting in America after the Boston bombings

Terrorism is:
"the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims" (Oxford dictionary)

I suppose because the murderer said to "remove your government, they don't care about you." and seemingly killed this man as an "eye for an eye" to make the British remove forces from abroad, I suppose it could be termed as terrorism. Having said that, when we hear the word terrorism though we (or at least I) think of organisations and mass killings.

I'm paraphrasing, but Teresa May has said it was an attack on everyone in Britain. The government certainly want people to think it was terrorism.

The whole situation STINKS of irony. The people on my fb who are now suggesting ridiculous mass riots etc and making quite frankly STUPID remarks about removing muslims from "our" country etc are equally as bad as those two men who committed that horrific crime yesterday. One religion and race hating on another.

:nope:

Yes I had a similar conversation with a guy who thinks we should 'ban Islam' :saywhat: yes because making it illegal to practise a particular faith and therefore the threat of the law would make someone not attempt to decapitate someone in the street.. quite evidently the law cannot prevent this kind of insanity

Oh he clarified he wasn't racist though.. how can he be when he thinks white Muslims should be imprisoned too? I despair, I really do

I'm not saying anybody here has been racist, but it certainly has brought out the racist tendencies of many people I know.

The ironic thing is people are shocked it had happened on home turf, why? Because we are a civilised society, with fantastic police forces and military personnel, a justice system and moral core with human and equal rights, the only thing jeopardising this is people's reactions wanting barbaric revenge, THAT changes Britain, not the act itself. I'm proud to live in a government where we will see these criminals put on trial and punished in a civilised manner, because we are better than them.

Do you not think the government and media are fueling the many mindless idiots that are now organising riots/payback, which in turn will cause more damage to property and people?

I am not saying it should be swept under the carpet but its all that has been on tv today. Fb is shockingly bad and because of its existance its a great way to spread the word about demonstrations etc

I do think there is some unreasonable media coverage that will fuel hate

I don't know but I am scared of the reaction. Although hubby has been patrolling just off base and apparently he's been getting lots of kind words and supportive car beeps so it seems around here things are ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->