woolwich

To be fair, what they shouted can only be hearsay as there were no police on the scene for twenty minutes so all we'll know is what witnesses heard. It pissed me off all the racist things as he was clearly english, there was no mistaking the accent, but the way he said "our land" as if not speaking about England I can see why people would make the mistake, but that does not excuse the behaviour or things said.

It definitely does not seem like a psychotic episode to me though as there were two of them and they had several weapons according to witnesses. I do think it was planned and it definitely seemed like a statement attack as like witnesses have said they could have killed several others, they had the chance, but they just waited around for the police and went for them too. But a statement attack doesn't necessarily mean terrorism and the comments he made could just have been the words he happened to chose to try and justify killing someone in front of witnesses, it doesn't necessarily mean that he did it because of those things.

ETA: If that made any sense lol, feel like I just rambled a bit

Apparently one of the men who came into the mosque was carrying a knife according to bbc news.

These attacks on mosques happened a couple of hours back btw but the mainstream news are only just mentioning it now xx

I agree with kmbabycrazy, I don't think it was down to mental issues.

Makes me feel sick. These 2 crazy men, wether it was a terrorist attack or not have still done wrong, I can't believe they're being treated in hospital after they've been shot!!

Isnt that what seperates us from them though, 'them' being violent lunatics.

Also they need to be kept alive so they can be questioned.

Agreed, we cant go picking who can be treated and who cant, who has human rights and who doesnt because where does that end?

Also I know there were loads of eye witnesses and we've all/most of us have seen the video of him ranting after but right now in the eyes of the law these men are innocent as there has been no trial.

Makes me feel sick. These 2 crazy men, wether it was a terrorist attack or not have still done wrong, I can't believe they're being treated in hospital after they've been shot!!

We treat them because thankfully we live in a civilised society

I agree
I feel people on this thread are trying to justify what they have done.

I agree

Are you kidding? What on earth makes you think that? It is possible to have a discussion about issues surrounding the event without sympathising with the attacker.

I agree

How has anyone, ANYONE tried to do that on this thread? What an awful thing to say!

All this about mental issues its rather unlikely two people would get together and kill a solider right outside his barracks with plenty of weapons in tow

I don't see anywhere anyone justifying their actions, I'm so baffled right now :wacko:

I agree

That is a pretty bold statement to make. I havent seen anyone try to justify what they have done, no where did I read oh it was okay because or they did it because.

Everything that I have read has been people either trying to make sense of the situation or people trying to discuss the fact that it isnt all Muslims, it isnt truly done in the name of Islam just because they say it is (because Islam forbids/does not permit this sort of thing). I dont think that is trying to justify what he did but rather trying to acknowledge that it isnt plus protect those who are going to be vilified purely because they are the same religion (or in some cases not even the same religion but just dont happen to be white british) as what these men claim to be.

Maybe justifying is the wrong word I just see them not paying for what they have done

Wow that is a really dumb thing to say. There is nothing wrong with discussing the consequences and possible reasons for such horrific events - what is the point of simply being angry and outraged?

It hasn't even been twenty four hours since the crime was commited and they have been arrested...

Should they just be left to bleed out in the street as payment?

What if this is a terror attack, there could be more that these guys have information on.

I find it doubtful however many years they get will be enough for beheading a innocent man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->