woolwich

^ on my fb people are happy to tar all benefit 'scroungers' the same after watching skint but the same people up in arms about everyone judging muslims? It works both ways really tbh, they just made themselves look like a tit. Eta not saying I agree at all! I just think its bit stupid to rant about one and then 2days later say dont tar peolle the same. The mind boggles.

But just because the murderer was ranting about the government doesn't mean it was connected to a terrorist organisation - for all we know that man could be mentally ill and in some kind of psychosis? I really feel for Muslims in this country, it must be awful to experience the unbelievably bigoted reactions to crimes like this.

It's more likely than not that he was experiencing a psychotic episode. Who hangs around a murder scene giving interviews? He and the like should be filed accordingly, mentally disordered. But instead we will be subjected to barrage of stories about "why" this happened, estranged relatives will sell their stories to the highest bidder. Essentially, all avenues will be explored, except the likely cause which is mental illness.

I dont think its all just about religion but I actually think people are shocked this has happened :( I don't just blame religion but I do think why!? Of course people look for a blame, it's only natural I guess.

I know what you mean but if they had of been white it would have been about their mental state rather than their race and religion if you know what I mean? As soon as anything like this happens we seem to marginalise and blame a whole community and not the people who should be blamed. It doesn't even matter what they claim their reasons to be, THEY did it, and the more we report and incidentally glorify their "cause" the more they are winning and getting what they want.

It is definitely being treated as a terrorist attack I know that much for certain, I do wonder if they know a little more than is reported so far, which of course would be normal and expected. There are armed Met police outside our base but that isn't really surprising.

White attackers are NEVER automatically branded terrorists - there is still so little information on this (except for the insane ranting of a crazy person who just beheaded someone) yet the media think its responsible to already be labelling it a terrorist attack? If it was linked to a terrorist group wouldn't they have taken credit for it?

This essay was in response to the Boston bombings but it is totally relevant to this event too

https://www.timwise.org/2013/04/terrorism-and-privilege-understanding-the-power-of-whiteness/

"White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.

White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize — and specifically to kill — but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular."

Its relevant because this attack has immediately been assumed to be terrorism because a Muslim was involved, whereas if it was an insane Christian there is no way that they would have been labelled a terrorist without any real facts or evidence.

I'm horrified they could do that to another human being :nope:

the fact a man covered in blood after killing a soldier ( who prob knows nothing about Islam ) shouting Allah Akbar... Obviously people will jump to conclusions

How do we know that they are Muslim....Allahu Akbar being shouted out is only hearsay, it has not been confirmed.

Lou, i completely see how the article is relevant...Because:

Foreign nut job = Terrorist.
White nut job = Sad loner with mental health problems.

Go figure...

But you really think if a psychotic Christian did the same and shouted Christian prayer afterwards, the country would treat it as a terrorist attack? Or would they treat them as a lone madman who happened to be religious?

But you really think if a psychotic Christian did the same and shouted Christian prayer afterwards, the country would treat it as a terrorist attack? Or would they treat them as a lone madman who happened to be religious?

No.

Two arrests after attacks on mosques in Essex and Kent

Two arrests after attacks on mosques in Essex and Kent

I expect it yet peoples complete stupidity baffles me everytime.

A new mosque is being built in my town atm, i fully expect to see damage to it over the next few days :nope:

It is absolutely disgusting regardless of what it was all about. My oldest ds is in the army. He was someones son. How must that family feel? Totally senseless act of brutality...and they stood with blood on their hands. I had to turn it over. It made me feel sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->