Working out mommas-to-be!

I didn't work out at all during first tri... So tired plus morning sickness. Bleh, no thanks! Lol

Going to the gym tonight when hubby gets home from work! I'm planning on going on the elliptical then getting an arm workout done with the free weights. I've been eating smaller meals throughout the day as well because I get full so easily now!

Good to know this is fairly normal! I've been trying to at least get up and do things around the house in the evenings so I'm not just sitting, especially since I already do that at work. The weather has been nicer, so I think walks will probably be something I can handle and will tell DH to drag me out of the house if he has to!

Walks are an awesome pregnancy workout! We go on a lot of walks around the neighborhood plus I try to park far at school so I have to walk father to my classes.

I always love walking, especially during pregnancy. It's a nice de-stressor too. :thumbup:

I wanted to be so much more active then I have been. At first I just went for it, but week after week I was just in too much inner thigh pain. Now that I'm nearing the end, it feels like things have eased up a bit (or I've just managed not pull those muscles anymore)...only my beach ball stomach causes other issues!

Anyone else in their last weeks? I think I'll try to get to a few yoga classes before the end.
And I love walking as well, and short ones seem to be fairly consequence free now so I'll try to make an effort to walk after work each day. Dog needs it anyway.

Rebecca on here worked out all the way until about a week before she had her daughter! That's what I'm trying to do! I wasn't active with my first pregnancy at all and definitely regretted it.

Did the March of Dimes preemie walk yesterday! 3.5 miles! I have bad shin splints today because I wore very old tennis shoes.

We are changing our gym memberships next week! Getting ones that include a pool membership so that I can swim laps until the end of this pregnancy. Walking is putting too much stress on my hip joints lately.

Swimming is an awesome idea Greats, I love swimming when pregnant!

Last time I worked out right until my due date, am hoping to do the same this time.

I only have two more yoga classes left but think that I will do one more six week session to help keep me motivated.

I've been really good about walking, exercising at home was just OK last week, (only happened twice). Will try to get my four times in this week.

Hi everyone! I didn't mean to go absent from this thread. I had been wanting to check in and see how everyone is doing. :) I just haven't had a lot of time to get on my computer. My baby is 1 month old today.

I have recovered so quickly from this pregnancy! I still have weight to lose. But 20 pounds just fell off of me right after I had the baby. By the 2nd week, I felt ready to resume everything I was doing before. I still haven't gone back to working out yet but that's just because I don't have the time to do it right now. My baby is too young to go in childcare at the gym just yet (and I probably won't even take her there until she is at least 2 months old) and she's still eating every 1-2 hours, so I have to be pretty close to her. My husband doesn't get home until dinner time. So, I have gone on a few walks, but I am missing really working out. I plan to start soon with weekends and work my way back up. But even then, I really feel great.

I know it takes a lot of discipline to keep yourself exercising during pregnancy, but it is so amazing for your body! I think the best part is truly having such a quick recovery. And now having 2 kids, I needed to recover fast. lol

How is everyone else doing? I am going to try to read through as much of this thread as I can. Whenever I hop on here, it seems one of my kids needs something and then I have to go. But right now I'm savoring a beautiful hour of quiet.

Aww wow, 1 month already! I'm so glad to read your update! Definitely keeps me motivated to stay active for the remainder of my pregnancy.

I can't believe it has been a month either. It has been a busy month, so the time has gone by fast.

That's great to read to Rebecca!

Ladies who walk for exercise how far do you walk and how often? I always do 10000 steps a day but that can be just at home cleaning and looking after the kids so I feel like my 'target' is off. My husband moved the treadmill for me (it's Autumn here & getting quite chilly) so I've been doing 30 min walks or 2.5km easily, just not sure if it's enough?? My weight gain is higher than I'd like and I'm averaging around 1200 cals a day so the gain seems too high:shrug:

Just got a Fitbit today as my Mother's Day present and didn't charge it til after lunch so I'm at over 4000 steps today not including going to the gym this morning. It was a short visit because there weren't other kids at the gym for dd so she got sad and we left early.
Typically I try to be active in the gym for 1 hour or a little more. I stretch, I do the elliptical, tread mill, bike and weights. I monitor my heart rate so it doesn't go over 140, so Im not going fast or intense. I try to do this 2/3 times a week.
I do think 1200 calories a day sounds low for the second tri. I thought you're supposed to have an extra 300 a day, so I'm hitting more like 1800-2000 a day.

I walk for an hour at work; probably around 5 km or so would be the distance I cover (might be a bit more).

1200 calories seems low to me too...When I wasn't pregnant, I think MyFitnessPal had me eating around 1400 at least (that was with daily exercise and breastfeeding though). I'm 5'4 and weighed about 123 lbs at that point.

I read it was around 300-350 additional calories that you are supposed to consume in 2nd tri so I've been sticking with 350. When you account for exercise though, I typically have more to consume. Plus, I have also set my status as needing to gain 0.5 lbs per week...So far my weight gain has been OK, much better than where I was at this point with my first pregnancy.

And Rebecca it is so nice to hear from you, I'm glad that your recovery is going so well!

And OMG I can't believe your daughter is already a month old. Seems like you just had her a few weeks ago...

Seriously! This month has just flown by. So happy for you Rebecca.

Sass, every time I see your ticker I have a mini panic attack. This pregnancy seems to be going by so fast and when I see that your pregnancy is 65% complete (and you're only a day ahead of me), I start thinking about how I really need to start getting my butt in gear re getting organized :rofl:

Sass & Mrs Eddie you two are very close in timing. Aliop and I are due on the same day, my ticker is aligned with my lmp rather than u/s due date:bunny:

Second tri and I've missed most of my fitness classes. UGG, I feel tired and gross. I just want to be in my pajama pants and in bed watching tv all day! But here I am in heels at work. Do I make it to kick boxing today?

I had NO issues in first tri but second tri is kicking my butt with lethargy. I've been eating badly too (chinese last night), +6 lbs now, but I figure that 4 had to crack at some point:haha:

I'll go to kick boxing today and pilates tomorrow and see how things go. That may be it for the rest of the week other than walking. We're off for a stay with a group of friends in the Rockies this long weekend, I'm sure there's going to be a little hike or something active then.

2have4kids if you're not feeling great than it is totally alright to take a little break. If you're finding fitness classes too intense when you're feeling tired/sick you can always do something more relaxing like walking, swimming or yoga.

And yes it would be nice if we could just have a 4 lb weight gain during pregnancy but not likely to happen :haha:

I just had someone tell me that I am really starting to look pregnant. Thanks, that is what happens when you are almost 7 months along :growlmad:

Sass & Mrs Eddie you two are very close in timing. Aliop and I are due on the same day, my ticker is aligned with my lmp rather than u/s due date:bunny:

Second tri and I've missed most of my fitness classes. UGG, I feel tired and gross. I just want to be in my pajama pants and in bed watching tv all day! But here I am in heels at work. Do I make it to kick boxing today?

I had NO issues in first tri but second tri is kicking my butt with lethargy. I've been eating badly too (chinese last night), +6 lbs now, but I figure that 4 had to crack at some point:haha:

I'll go to kick boxing today and pilates tomorrow and see how things go. That may be it for the rest of the week other than walking. We're off for a stay with a group of friends in the Rockies this long weekend, I'm sure there's going to be a little hike or something active then.

I didn't realise we are due on the same day! :)

I find if I eat badly then I really struggle but if I keep to making good food choices I feel a lot more motivated. I am sleeping a tonne too, bed and asleep by 9.30pm and up at 7-7.30am with the kids when they wake. I'm not a day sleeper so I've got to have a good solid night to feel good. I'm only getting up to pee a couple of times at the moment which is nice LOL

Good luck today and your gain is great, I'm envious! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->