• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working out mommas-to-be!

Ooo..I feel a craving for watermelon coming on now. :) I'm constantly eating fruit. I had an orange, apple, and a banana yesterday.

I just had plain greek yogurt with blueberries for breakfast, and it was very satisfying. It certainly isn't the first thing I would go for, but it satisfies my hunger so well.

I had a rough night sleeping last night with having to go to the bathroom multiple times. I drank a liter of water yesterday, and it's now getting to the point where I need to be careful how much I drink before bed. I'm going to yoga in about an hour or so; I am so looking forward to it! I definitely missed it last week!

I'm wondering if the stores here just don't carry the workout clothes. I went to Old Navy a few weeks ago and found nothing (literally...not in any size). Target had absolutely nothing. Kohls had nothing...and that one shocked me because the only workout pants or bottoms I even own came from Kohls. I had bought them several months ago. I was willing to buy more of the same ones so I don't have to keep washing the same 4 pairs. I feel that I will just have to throw them in the trash at the end of the pregnancy because they will be so worn. Motherhood here only had tank tops; not even short pants. I am in desperate need of bottoms. I think I'm just pregnant at the "wrong" time of year. I won't be surprised if I start seeing more stuff in March. I will probably check out Zulilly just to see what they have. I had really been hoping to find some shorts, but I will compromise for shorter pants at this point.

I've loved everything I've gotten on zulily. The only thing us it can take a few weeks to arrive and they don't make returns easy so you need to be committed to what you're getting. So what I do is Google the product before I buy it to make sure I can't get it somewhere else faster for the same price. Especially Amazon. I've found many of the same products there for a very close price and they arrive in two days with free shipping because we have Amazon prime, which btw, I would soooo highly recommend to any parent.
I just think zulily is cool because I would never find these products/brands without them putting the spotlight on them.

I also found a small but decent maternity section at Macy's. I know all macys font gave them, but you can find out which ones do via their website. I can't believe your stores don't have maternity. Our old navy stinks, but their website has a decent selection.
When I go back to my parents, they have destination maternity, the parent company for pea in the pod and motherhood, so we get so many choices there and they always have such great sales.

I used to love Target for maternity clothes but now all of our Targets are closing, I have one within walking distance from my house so I am very sad. This is where me and my Mom friends used to go to run errands during mat leave (we could all walk there). What am I supposed to do this time around?:haha:

I went to yoga today and it was glorious! I've been noticing that my spine seems to be getting a little compressed as the baby is growing. And she seems to be getting to that point now where her weight gain and growth are pretty fast.
So doing down dog today and other spine-lengthening positions worked miracles for me. My back didn't really hurt, but it just felt weird like it needed stretching out.

Ladies, I had an awesome workout at bootcamp today. I was kind of dreading it, mainly because running is so uncomfortable lately, partially due to my (still somewhat) sore boobs but mostly due to my bladder – it throbs constantly when I move around and I ALWAYS feel like I have to pee – anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I’m so glad I went. It was a gorgeous, warm sunny spring-like day – I was in a tee shirt. :thumbup: And I felt great afterwards!

One of my friends talked me into going for a run tomorrow – I’ve got to take advantage of this peer pressure while I can, because once I tell the group I’m 3 months pregnant I might not be able to count on it anymore. ;-)

I have heard Canada has a limited supply of stores. That really stinks. Will websites ship to you? I know Nordstrom and loft have really nice maternity stuff and return policies. I also love an online store (out of Georgia ironically Rebecca) called milk that's all nursing wear that you can also wear during pregnancy.
My bladder is also killing me. I have to make sure to pee right before hitting the gym. And keep a big thing of water on hand too. I sneezed today and was afraid a little pee might come out.

Nice job working out, ladies! I've been spotting light brown and pink the past 2 days so am on bed rest until I can get into my doctors office tomorrow. Not sure what is causing it? Haven't dtd in a week. No idea lol

I've been drinking my fruit smoothies a lot and they keep me super full!

Hoping I get the all clear from my doctor tomorrow. I'm getting a pool membership mid-February bc I hate the gym lol I used to be a competitive swimmer and much prefer swimming laps than walking on a treadmill.

I need to find a prenatal yoga so I can start that lol

Prenatal yoga is amazing. Right now I have a DVD that I do at home but once I'm in second tri, I'll take another class as I found it so relaxing. I totally agree with you Rebecca that it does wonders for you back, especially later on in pregnancy.

Sass, it does suck. My store was awesome but lots of other stores never had a lot of stock and people complained that the prices were too high. I'll have to check out those other sites you mentioned, thanks :thumbup:

Greats, I hope you get the all clear from your doctor. I loved swimming last time I was pregnant!

So I had a great week last week, managed to exercise 4 times and then on Saturday I starting feeling flu-ish :(. I think I might have overdone it in my NIA (don't know if you ladies are familiar with it but it's like aerobics, mixed with tai chi, yoga and jazz). I was wearing a heart rate monitor and my average was only 130 with max reaching 150. Now I am a bit scared to do more exercise as I am still not feeling great. Don't really know what to do about it. I got some vitamin C and I am drinking paracetamol.

I made the mistake of baking some brownies....not a good idea!!! Trying to eat less and healthier and with your ladies support it is definitely working! OMW I am also craving watermelon!! We forgot that we bought one (was in the fridge in our garage) and when we found it it was rotten :(

General hatha yoga has been working out just fine for me. I don't have a prenatal class to attend anywhere near me. I did get a prenatal yoga DVD in case I felt the need to stop doing the regular class. So far, I'm still doing just fine in the regular class. And up until week 14, I wouldn't have had to do anything different from what the rest of the class was doing. Right now, the main things I can't do are go flat on my stomach, lie flat on my back, and do big twists. I do keep a chair nearby for balance because my balance has been off since about week 16. But some days, I don't even have to use the chair. I think any yoga is beneficial. The only one that I know you have to avoid is bikram (hot) yoga. I miss that one because I used to do it all the time before I was pregnant.
A lady in the class yesterday told me it was impressive that I was doing yoga while in my 3rd trimester. But I tried to explain to her that it's not some extreme level of discipline that has me doing it...it's the fact that my body feels SO much better from the yoga and I feel worse without it! I'd encourage anyone who is pregnant to do yoga--just tell the instructor that you are pregnant because they will often give you modifications. I have found that even the ones who have never been pregnant at least have the knowledge of how to modify for pregnancy.

Mrs. Eddie is your Target closed already?? Apparently ours are still open; DH was at one yesterday. No sales yet though. I know H&M has some maternity stuff - do you have one of those near you?

I'm not worried about lack of selection here because we're so close to WA it is just an excuse to shop. ;-)

greats I hope your doctor gives you the all clear soon!!

I've already started prenatal yoga and it is certainly relaxing compared to Bikram yoga...that's interesting that your balance went at week 16 Rebecca. I ride my bike about 15 miles roundtrip 5 days a week but once my balance goes obviously so does the biking. I hope I have more than 3 weeks of biking left but this is my first pregnancy so no idea what to expect...

Watermelon is the best, I ate more last night! Have to fight my daughter for it though as she's a fruit monster :haha:

One of my friends took a regular yoga class throughout her pregnancy and the instructor just modified poses for her so definitely could do that as well. I'm very lucky that a studio near me has an amazing prenatal yoga program and instructor (and an awesome Mom and Baby Yoga program as well :thumbup:)

Our Target isn't closed yet but we were there on the weekend and there was like no maternity stuff left, I don't think that they're re-stocking items anymore which is sad since it's open until June. Someone told me the sales were starting in a few weeks, we'll have to wait and see. I did manage to score the last pair of S/M pregnancy tights :thumbup:

I hate doing yoga, or any exercise, at home. I feel a lot less motivated! I think on top of my swimming membership I think I'm going to sign up for yoga somewhere. There is a place not too far that has prenatal yoga classes but it's like $250 for 10 classes... :(

I hate doing yoga, or any exercise, at home. I feel a lot less motivated! I think on top of my swimming membership I think I'm going to sign up for yoga somewhere. There is a place not too far that has prenatal yoga classes but it's like $250 for 10 classes... :(

I pay $89 for six, $25 a class is quite steep, yikes!

We have yoga at my gym, but I always seem to miss is it and it just makes me so sad. I seriously love yoga and I miss it so much. I need to find a way to make it happen.
The NIA class sounds cool nix. If you're not feeling good though, take it easy.
Why are all the targets closing in Canada btw? I feel like we're getting new targets all the time down here and they're expanding to have full groceries with produce etc.
at my parents for the rest of the week but they have a treadmill here so hoping to hit it up a few times so I don't get out of the habit.

I pay $89 for six, $25 a class is quite steep, yikes!

Yeah my dh said no way am I allowed to register for that price, and I agree. Just need to find a beginner yoga class around here.

Sass, from what I read online they're closing all their stores bc they lost somewhere around $1 billion last year. I guess prices are really high and they did a bad marketing job. One of my Canadian friends said they prefer the US stores as their store didn't carry some of the same brands. Target was stupid though, why open so many stores at once? They should have started out slow and did a better job marketing. Sorry, I'm a business major and their tactics bugged me last year! Lol

^^ wss re Target.

I basically heard the same thing; that they tried to open too many stores at once and lots of stores were really poorly stocked because of this. I have friends who live in Milton and people actually lined up for the Target opening there. When they got, most of the shelves were empty, nothing had been stocked. Also, people were disappointed because as Greats said prices were higher than expected. I think they basically couldn't compete with Walmart who has just expanded most of their stores to include full grocery sections and has cheaper prices overall. I know our Target didn't have any produce but had most other grocery stuff.

I do love the Target next to us so I'm sad that it's closing but yeah not really surprised that they are closing, especially since they've lost so much money.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine tonight. In all honesty, I prefer my dance aerobics class because I get just as good of a workout there and it's more entertaining. But I flew up to my parents' house today for a baby shower this weekend. So the elliptical machine was my best bet. 30 weeks has brought on new challenges, but I am determined to stick with it. It helps that I can kind of count down now when working out feels like a challenge. I also keep reminding myself of how good I feel the rest of the time because I am exercising and eating healthy. So far, I still have no back pain or other similar pains. I think that's a huge motivation to keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->