Working out when TTC

NurseGinger

Reaction score
Hello!! Alright, so i saw older threads and I would like to make a newer one in regards to this subject (if there is already a new one, and i didnt see it i apologize for the repeat!)

Do you work out? If you do, what do you do while trying to conceive? I use to work out 5-6 days a week doing beachbody programs. The last few months i have been off and on (more so off) due to school and now living on the top floor in the apts. I try to be nice to my neighbors and not make noise. I want to start back regularly again.. Now i do Turbo Fire (modified so i dont jump and get extreme) and thinking of incorporating body beast back in (smaller weights tho, around 5-8lbs now. Do not want to go overboard). Also was informed that Ab workouts might not be the greatest either when TTC or even Pregnant. What do you all think? I do not want to do anything that would hurt my chances of TTC.

Thanks!
xoxo

Sorry I dont know but also interested in finding out!

Hello!! Alright, so i saw older threads and I would like to make a newer one in regards to this subject (if there is already a new one, and i didnt see it i apologize for the repeat!)

Do you work out? If you do, what do you do while trying to conceive? I use to work out 5-6 days a week doing beachbody programs. The last few months i have been off and on (more so off) due to school and now living on the top floor in the apts. I try to be nice to my neighbors and not make noise. I want to start back regularly again.. Now i do Turbo Fire (modified so i dont jump and get extreme) and thinking of incorporating body beast back in (smaller weights tho, around 5-8lbs now. Do not want to go overboard). Also was informed that Ab workouts might not be the greatest either when TTC or even Pregnant. What do you all think? I do not want to do anything that would hurt my chances of TTC.

Thanks!
xoxo

Also interested in finding out- I am an avid gym rat. Been trying to ease off as my dr. said that my body might be in a constant state of stress due to intense workouts- makes it harder to conceive. But this week I took Sunday and Monday off and being in TWW, I ate everything in sight! So now I am really stressed out because I really don't like the number on the scale.

I am going back to doing my regular workouts: I do cardio (stairmaster, spinning), barre classes with lights weights (3lbs), weight machines (heavy weights). I work out anywhere between 6-7 days a week, and I do doubles between 2-3 days a week.

That is what i was afraid of was i was doing too much or too heavy so i slacked off A LOT especially recently..... and well ive gained some weight, not alot but enough for me to notice and be a little sad. I use to weigh close to 200lbs and lost a lot of weight and became fit, but I will sacrifice my workouts and lower what i do if it means it will help me conceive. I can lose it again but working out keeps me sane, especially during a TWW session.

Exercise shouldn't affect your chances of conceiving. I was doing warrior dashes when I conceived my daughter two years ago. In 2nd and 3rd trimester's you should stay away from ab work outs and you shouldn't start any "new" exercises during your pregnancy but if you're working out…carry on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->