working through procedures?

born2bamama

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I'd like your opinion on whether you tried to take time off from work for IUI or IVF or if you worked while going through it all?? I'm trying to plan the year - we are getting prepared to do IUI or IVF..not sure yet (appts later this month), and wondering how I'm going to figure it all out re: working/using sick time/vacation?

So if you don't mind letting me know: what procedure you were going through, if you worked during, if you took any time off and if so for how long (and during what part of the procedure). Thanks in advance.. really getting nervous about how I'm going to pull this off :)

i did 4 rounds of iui, and a round of ivf and i didnt take time off.. luckily the docs office was less than 30 min from one place i worked (and across the street from the other) so that made it easier. when i did ivf i purposely timed it for when i knew i was going to be in court (getting sued... wheee. but we won... and the ivf worked so..) because i cant call out of work. the day of egg retrieval i didnt go to court but other than that i did. even went straight in after the embryo transfer. (and both stuck). lots of docs offices have morning or evening hours.. i dont get lunch breaks but.. generaly the visits are super short (quick scan to check on follicles etc) and if they are close enough you can run in during a lunch hour. it is doable. but unfortunately not real predictable in advance

Hiya I'm just going through my 2nd round of IVF. They do give you dates that you are needed to go into the clinic for scan & possible date of the egg collection so you know kind of when you need to book time off. luckily my place of work is literally next door to my fertility clinic so I could nip across for a quick scan. I have literally just had my eggs collected yesterday & have booked 5 days off annual leave to recover & to not have to worry of the time I need to go back for the embryo to be put back. I actually don't feel too bad just really tired from the anaesthetic still, and of course you can't drive for 24-36 hours.

I hope this helps
X

Currently doing IUI in the US. Since the timing all depends on your O (LH surge) you never know when it will fall. when you get your LH surge they require you to come in the next day to inseminate. Usually only takes an hour or so, minimally invasive, a little cramping nothing worse than a pap. Its pretty easy. My Doc only does IUI in the morning at specific time. So if you have a job that's flexible (you'd know the night before if you'd have to take partial day off) then you should be able to work through IUI's. Don't know about IVF tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->