Worried about infection after loss and ERPC at 14 weeks PG

Thanks Poppy. I'll definitely let you know if I end up trying Soy. How long did you use it before you got your BFP? Do you have any conditions that interfere with your fertility or were you just giving yourself a step up when TTC? Fingers crossed you'll get your next BFP soon. Would be lovely if we both did and could be bump buddies. :)

Soy worked 1st time using it and no as far as im aware i ov every month on a regular 28 day cycle, i just thought id try it cos of my age , aww bump buddies be great fx for both of us x

Wow, in the first month! that's incredible. Had you been TTC for very long before you used it? I've been really pleased with the effect vitex has had on my cycle overall but if it doesn't come through for me by the time I've finished the supply I've got then I think I'll be on the Soy next myself. That will also give us time to NTNP and for me to try the not-obsessing-about-TTC route. It may actually work for us! Fingers crossed.

I was ttc 2 months prior but not really tracking or using anything, so that month i thought id propery try and set up charting, opks, soy and preseed and got my bfp on 9dpo not bad for a 40yr old :haha:

That is truly incredible. Not bad for a 40 year old indeed! I'll be 35 in May and am kinda freaking out that I am entering the "mature" stage for TTC. You inspire me Poppy!

35 is still really young :happydance: my sisters 36 and 7wks pregnant, i concieved korben at 39 and had him at 40 so your perfectly fine :hugs: Its me who needs to worry now im 41 in March so better get my ass into gear :dohh:

That's very encouraging to hear, about you and your sister. I really hope our luck will be in this year.

Allmuddled sounds good that you've had no bleeding or anything for 24 hours now. Will you do opk's soon? Sorry I can't totally remember I'd you said you'd ttc straight away or not :dohh:
Poppy good news too that you might be back to 'normal' too :thumbup: Sdme question about the opk's....?
Ive only ever take pre-natal vitamins.

I went to my gp today who examined my stomach which was fine but then prescribed me 2 lots of antibiotics due to me having described the smell of the blood as metallic. But in typical fashion I've actually had no bleeding at all today (well a bit of brown) so I'm not sure whether to take the antibiotics, or just 1 lot.

Having a difficult time with OH though who despite saying last week he'd ntnp has now said no way to ttc, isn't prepared to risk another loss. I'm gutted to be honest

Oh Suze, I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how impossibly frustrating it can be when you and OH aren't on the same page in this situation. I went through it when we had ectopic pregnancy, but at that point it was only because we hadn't been TTC and he just wasn't ready yet. At least in that case it was just a matter of waiting for the right time, not a case of "never again". I thought I would go insane waiting (I ended up in counselling at the time just to get through it) but sooner than I'd expected he said was ready to TTC (he also didn't want to see me suffering and I think decided it wasn't that big a deal whether we waited or not). I hope your OH will come around and not put things off for long. I feel your pain and frustration and am sending you massive hugs. Perhaps if you can talk to him about how it makes you feel to not have the chance of conceiving again (whether you are TTC or NTNP) he might see things differently. You've both lost babies (more than anyone should ever have to) and are each processing the losses in your own ways. I truly hope you will both be back on the same page soon and able to heal together.

I'll come back and reply to the other points in your post in a fewminutes. Gotta hustle my son into bed. Naughty mummy.

Okay, I'm back, after a few necessary distractions. Now to Suze's questions...

Me and OH are going to NTNP once my first period comes. I find it too painful to not have the option of conceiving but I also don't want to get all hung up on TTC. I get really obsessive about it and OH gets wary. I won't be using OPKs or BBT charting at this point (but I've no doubt I will be checking my cervix and looking for CM every time I am in the toilet). If we are :sex: regularly and still haven't got BFP in 2-3 cycles then I think we will actively TTC again.

To be honest, I am just emotionally exhausted after our most recent loss and know I have a lot more healing to do emotionally and that getting a BFP will probably cause me more stress than joy at this point (or at least until we get through the first trimester) so I am not going to trip over myself to get to that place again. That said, I need to have the possibility there and I know that it will help me along in the healing process to try to make life again. We just have to hope for the best and that it doesn't end the way it has the last 3 times. Fingers are crossed so tight I can hardly type!

Suze, in regards to the antibiotics, did the doctor say why they thought you should take them? The metallic smell of blood alone doesn't necessarily mean there is an infection, nor does the presence or absence of bleeding. For me, pain has always been the best indicator. The only way to know for sure is to have a swab done. If you get any odours (with or without blood) I would stay aware it could be an infection. I can't really say what you should do. I'm not big on taking antibiotics myself unless I know I need them to recover (in this case I knew I did because of the pain and I didn't want to take the risk of an infection damaging my insides) as they always clean out all my good bacteria which is a pain in the bum, literally! I've just ordered some probiotics to help sort me out there, so add that to the list of vitamins and supplements I take!

I don't know if any of that information will be useful to you, but just know I am wishing you the best, that there is no infection (or that it is gone quickly if there is) and that you and OH will be on the same page again soon. I am learning that this all just takes time, too much damn time...

On a positive note, I have barely cried today and am starting to feel a bit closer to normal. It was an odd day as my son was home sick from school with a fever, but he was a delight to be around and I think that has helped immensely.

I was curious, Suze and Poppy, how old are your little ones? My son is 5 (going on 15). Hugs to you. :hugs:

I have such a love-hate relationships with antibiotics. On the pro side I love the fact that they squash infections; on the con side I hate that they squash my good bacteria. I am really feeling the effects and it isn't pleasant. I'm still waiting for my probiotics to arrive so I can sort that side of things out.

I other news, I am not feeling as up today as I was yesterday. I didn't manage to get out of bed and do normal activities until after 3pm when my son arrived home from school. Thank god for my partner. He has been such an angel, dropping off and picking up our little guy from school. I can't bare to go there at the moment. There are a few mums at the school that knew we were expecting and I can't face them at the moment as I know I will need to tell them at some point but I am just not ready to yet.

Nearly had a BFN today. The faintest line came up after about 10 minutes. I expect it will be a true BFN tomorrow. Based on previous experiences, I expect my period to come during the second week of February. I welcome and dread it at the same time. We are only planning to use protection until I've had my first period then we will NTNP. I am looking forward to that but feel a little fearful as well.

We truly do want to try again but I can't quite imagine embracing another BFP with the same joy as last time. We've learned too many times just how badly things can go wrong and I'm more than just a little terrified that we will find out that we haven't seen everything yet. Please let the next one be one we can keep.

Allmuddled sounds good that you've had no bleeding or anything for 24 hours now. Will you do opk's soon? Sorry I can't totally remember I'd you said you'd ttc straight away or not :dohh:
Poppy good news too that you might be back to 'normal' too :thumbup: Sdme question about the opk's....?
Ive only ever take pre-natal vitamins.

I went to my gp today who examined my stomach which was fine but then prescribed me 2 lots of antibiotics due to me having described the smell of the blood as metallic. But in typical fashion I've actually had no bleeding at all today (well a bit of brown) so I'm not sure whether to take the antibiotics, or just 1 lot.

Having a difficult time with OH though who despite saying last week he'd ntnp has now said no way to ttc, isn't prepared to risk another loss. I'm gutted to be honest

Hi Suze so sorry didnt reply earlier sweetie, i cant relate to why your OH dont want to try at the mo cos im not in that situation, but i really hope your ok you not been on today dont think but we're getting a bit worried so hope your online soon :hugs:

Hi I'm back :hi:

Had a difficult time with OH and more heart to hearts about the whole ttc thing, it's in my journal but basically he feels his insistence to wait actually would serve no purpose other than to drive a bigger wedge between us and his fear of losing me and Ava is greater than that of another pregnancy loss....so it seems like a result in my favour BUT I do feel that his heart isn't in it..oh well hopefully I'll get a positive opk in a couple of weeks and I'll jump.

I didn't take the antibiotics, I feel my gp was being precautionary which I understand but I'm also of the same opinion regarding over use of tablets etc.

I'm pleased you've got good support from your OH, always a good help. Hopefully you'll have a better day tomorrow. Great about the hpt too, I was in pretty much the same situation today too but haven't got any more left to do tomorrow unless my bundle of opk and hpt's arrive :blush: If you don't mind me asking when you had your ectopic did you lose a tube? I lost my right one.

I have a daughter Ava who is exactly 18 months old, she's a little star - of course I would say that!!!

Poppy you're an inspiration, I too was thinking about my biological clock ticking, I'm 37 in a couple of weeks and I think that's why I'm feeling more desperate than in previous losses to get on with ttc again. Btw dud you say you got the soy isoflavones from tesco?

Ahhhhhhhhhh Suze you got plenty of time 37 is nothing and yes Tesco's yellow lid bottle on the supplement/vitamin isle you cant miss it :happydance:

Really glad you and OH talked, i find the less you talk about ttc ie opk's, charting etc the less stressed OH gets and it dont feel a chore to them if they dont know everything 'if you get me' :winkwink:

^ yes I agree, the more blissfully ignorant they are the better! My OH said tonight how all the ttc, ovulating, testing etc is quite stressful and I just said "you don't know the half of it love" .... Leave the peeing on sticks and cd counting to us :rofl:

This is Day 18 and I'm still getting the faintest positives on the HPTs but now it is only apparent once the test has fully dried so I reckon the HCG must be within a couple of days of being out of my system. Last night was the first time since we we said goodbye to Gerri that me and OH :sex:. It was so needed, though possibly a little too soon... I am still getting the tiniest bit of spotting and after we :sex: I started cramping. I am still getting cramps now, 24 hours later. I am still on my antibiotics so I don't think it is related to the infection. I am probably just really tender due to everything my body has been through lately (labour, ERPC, infection...). I'm seeing my GP tomorrow so I will ask her if she thinks the cramping and continued spotting is anything to worry about or not.

Hope everyone else is doing well and still progressing towards normality. :hugs:

Hey sweetie it was day 21 when i finally got my bfn im sure yours wont be long and i hope the doctor helps, but like you said you been through a lot so im guessing it will still be tender inside :hugs:

Intersting, didn't know that Soy helps O. I have switched to soy milk over 6 months ago, wonder if this helps too or whether you need to take specifically the suppl?

It's an inspiration seeing you in your late 30s eary 40s TTC and getting pg, I am 32 and hoping to have my first one soon ( recovery time from a ms at moment, the long wait to AF/normality)

:dust:

Yes allmuddledup we are well and truly in the same boat here with the faintest of bfp's still lingering! If I had been ttc I actually would have discounted what I can *just* see on the stupid sticks!!

Pleased to hear you and you OH getting close again too, I think it makes you feel a bit normal when everything else at the moment quite abnormal! We'd dtd last week and it was only then that my bleeding flared up again so I am thinking that the cervix must be really quite sensitive after the erpc. Hopefully your GP will keep you right. Can I ask what antibiotics you are taking? I started taking the amoxicillin today as my bleeding is still ongoing, smells a bit funny and my cervix does feel tender. I haven't taken the metronidazole that I was given to take too though...

I was meaning to ask if you plan to do anything special to remember little Gerri by?

Intersting, didn't know that Soy helps O. I have switched to soy milk over 6 months ago, wonder if this helps too or whether you need to take specifically the suppl?

It's an inspiration seeing you in your late 30s eary 40s TTC and getting pg, I am 32 and hoping to have my first one soon ( recovery time from a ms at moment, the long wait to AF/normality)

:dust:

Sunnysun there is two Soy Isoflavone ( supplements) threads ive listed below for you and yes it helps some but not others, i didnt know if i ov'd or not every month so thought id give it a go.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387010-soy-isoflavones-poll.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->