Worried about infection after loss and ERPC at 14 weeks PG

By the way I just read your posts from way back (2009) when you were talking about your desire to get pregnant again immediately and talking about being honest and not wanting to get deceptive about it all, that's exactly how I was thinking earlier on this week too :blush:
I also notice we've had the same 'type' of losses, they've just happened in a different order - ectopic, 2nd tri chromosomal loss and 1st tri miscarriage. It can only mean one thing......BFP and sucessful pregnancies for us both next :thumbup:

Intersting, didn't know that Soy helps O. I have switched to soy milk over 6 months ago, wonder if this helps too or whether you need to take specifically the suppl?

From what I've read about Soy & Soy Isoflavones since Poppy told me about it, the soy isoflavones need to be used for only a short time each month at a specific point in your cycle to trigger ovulation. It has been recommended by some natural remedy doctors to not eat/drink soy if you are having fertility problems because soy has a sort of estroegen in it (and that's what makes soy isoflavones work on your cycle). I hope that helps. There is a wealth of information on the Internet and the Links Poppy posted are a good starting point. Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Thanks everyone for following my story. God I wish I didn't have one like this to tell. It sucks being in this boat but at least I've got some lovely ladies sharing the journey.

I've been feeling a bit down today but not my worst so I can be thankful for that at least. I saw the GP this morning and she isn't concerned about the cramping or continued spotting, but said to come back if either get worse. She also extended the 5mg folic acid prescription by 2 months which is a relief. I was worried they might be dismissive of my concerns on the matter, but so far so good.

This morning the HPT appeared negative again until it dried and again got the faintest pink line after. I reckon it will be another 2 days now before all the HCG is gone.

I spoke to the hospital today about Gerri's funeral. It will be either the last week of January or first week of February. They should be able to give me a date early next week. I am so thankful they are arranging everything for us. I don't know how I could cope with arranging my first funeral at this stage. I should still be looking forward to my baby's due date, not her funeral. I am really hating the powers that be right now.

How's everyone else holding up today?

thank you for the links and suggestions ladies, will have a look it now. I have PCOS so O is always a mistery!

Wishing you all a speedy recovery- I mc 14 days ago but too scared to take the test again, I just about finished spotting (hopefully).

Allmuddleup- it's nice that the hospital are arranging the funeral for your baby,you will be able to say goodbye to your baby, she will always be with you but this may also allow you to move on and hope for the better in the near future.:hugs::flower:

Morning!

It will be good to get the date for Gerri's funeral soon, to give you something to aim for. I have to say I too was pleased that the hospital arranged Joe's too, it would have been too much I think to do myself. Do you have any ideas about any flowers you will want to take? Joe's ashes were scattered in the garden of remembrance which is very near to us and I like to go there now and then....I hope it's OK for me to say this to you?

Hows the bleeding/spotting or hpt's? I got a negative hpt yesterday which was good and I just have a tiny bit of 'mucky' spotting. I did an opk which looked almost positive again though today which has confused me!

Suze i still got the mucky spotting too atm Ugh :dohh: gonna do OPK today see how everything going there, id just dtd just incase sweetie thats all im doing x

^ I'll be keen to hear what your opk shows up, how many days post erpc are you now? I did 2 opk's pics are in my journal but think i'll just dtd in cse :haha::blush:

Its been 25 days since erpc, but going to start the OPKs today.. going shopping then will post it here if you want xx

Hello again ladies. I am here to catch up on addressing questions and making comments on earlier posts that I didn't get to the other day (I've been in a bit of a fog but making more effort today).

To Suze, I did not actually lose a tube but I am under the care of a consultant that wants to investigate the damage done by the ectopic (i.e. Adhesions). I feel very lucky to have all my parts in place but there is a good chance that there was damage done by the ectopic, both from attachment to my left ovary and the journey the tissue had to make down my Fallopian tube. I did not have surgery or even drugs, just a lot of scans and blood tests to monitor how things were progressing. I hope you find my old posts helpful in seeing how normal it is to go all nutty about TTC after a loss.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I am not in the same position or state of mind as last time. I think things are different for me this time around due to 3 things: 1) my body doesn't need as long to recover from this loss so I don't have any doctors telling me to wait; 2) my OH is completely on board with TTC again; 3) being my 3rd loss, not my 1st, has worn me out and nearly broken me. I actually want to give myself a bit of time to recover emotionally that I did not feel the need for before. That said, I am still feeling a strong aversion to birth control (condoms and diaphragm) which I have indulged, so it's possible that nutty-Ellen could come back if I were to force them on us right now.

Now it's time for my TMI segment. Yay! The first time me and OH got back to DTD I was still getting spotting so I knew we needed to use protection for the sake of preventing further infection. As my last experience with condoms had me in tears (when OH wasn't ready to TTC) I have grown an extra aversion to them so I opted for using my diaphragm which provides enough barrier protection for the situation. Well, after we :sex: I started cramping and spotting again which continued for all of the next day. As for the diaphragm, it caused me so much discomfort afterwards that I had to take it out early. Since then, all cramping and spotting appears to have stopped (cramping was only on Wednesday night through Thursday, last spotting was Friday morning and very very light) so when we went to DTD again last night (we're making up for lost time!!) and it was time to get the condoms out (which I had talked to OH about after the problems with the diaphragm) I was like "I think we're fine without one" and he's like "okay, if you say so" so we went ahead without any protection. I'm happy my body is back to normal (at least, no infection, bleeding or pain) but my head is not. All the same though, I don't want to prevent pregnancy even now, when I know that seeing a BFP would bring me more fear than joy. We're funny creatures, eh? I can say that because I know I'm not the only one who would put emotion over reason in this situation.

Oh ho! I see you ladies have been getting busy with the chat while I was writing, so I will have to add more later. Have to get in the shower now though I'm afraid as I am going to take my son to see some close friends. May not be back till tomorrow, so will have to reply in full. Just a couple of quick replies first...

Poppy, what type of HPTs and OPKs due you use? I know Suze and I use internet cheapies from eBay (HPTs 10miu, OPKs 20miu).

Suze, of course it's okay to ask about Gerri's funeral. I hadn't thought about flowers TBH. I'm not good at these things, not had much practice with funerals (the last I went to were my grandparents' over 10 years ago and I had nothing to do with the planning). When I buy flowers, I tend to get them at Tesco, which hardly seems appropriate for my little one. I dunno. I will be speaking to the Chaplain next week so will ask what people do in these cases. In quick answer to your earlier question of what we plan to do in memory of Gerri, we are going to plant a little tree. Just working up the courage to go to the garden centre to arrange it all. I am not very functional at the moment. Where did you put your flowers for Joe? I'm not even sure where we would put them for Gerri. The hospital said it is unlikely there will be any ashes left as Gerri is so tiny (only 14 weeks) but they will give them to us if there are any to give. I was thinking I'd like to scatter them in the New Forest if there are any left but I can't count on that. It will probably end up being the garden of remembrance at the hospital for us as well if there are no ashes to take away.

I feel surprisingly okay while writing this. The co-codamol doesn't hurt though. I use it for back pain (long story there) and a little for relaxation when I need it (I needed it for both this morning). I'd be having wine or some other alcohol but I don't know that I would be able to stop if I started. At least my prescription will run out eventually and the doctor won't give me more if I go back too soon so it seems a safer option at the moment when emotions are likely to drive me to extremes. Anyone else out there able to relate?

Good luck with your OPKs Poppy. I see you are on Day 25 since ERPC.

I am on Day 20 A.G. (After Gerri. It's my new way of dating things).

What day are you on Suze?

In regards to spotting, last I saw was yesterday morning. It could still come back but hoping it won't. Regarding OPKs, I won't be using them at the moment. I get a bit crazy-obsessed when I actively chart (I did it all before... OPKs, BBT, internal checks for CP and CM) and, thankfully, at the moment, I am content to just NTNP. Emotional bruising is finally paying off and having a calming effect on my TTC obsession. Hah.

:hugs: to you all. xox

Same OPK just my camera is rubbish lol... i think another few days what you think?

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/OPKs15thJan002.jpg

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/OPKs15thJan001.jpg​

Poppy yeah I'd say thats not quite positive although I've never used that brand

allmuddledup good to hear that you've got the :sex: back on...being a bit relaxed might just bring you a nice surprise! It's also good to have that cloeseness again I think, makes you feel a bit more normal and it's a bit of a novelty having non-baby maiking sex :haha:
I'm 17 days since my erpc now and feeling OK, although I have my due date looming in 10 days for my little boy. I'm just quite keen to get to know my cycles at the moment.

After I had the ectopic we'd been ttc for 8 months with no luck and so I was sent for a HSG (have you heard of it?) to basically x-ray an see what condition my remaining tube was in, it was fine but I also wonder if this procedure actually opened up the tube as I conceived Ava 2 weeks later! You may have already had this or it may be worth discussing with your consultant?

For Joe's funeral we simply took a white rose for him. As it was in the summer Ava also picked a little pink rose out of the garden for him (obviously she didn't know what it was for!). We placed these on his coffin after it was brought in. The garden of remembrance is actually in our cemetry which is a really old beautiful place so I quite like the fact his ashes were scattered there. I think it's lovely that you will plant a tree for her :cloud9:

Ooh, hard to say Poppy. Have you used this brand before? It looks like you might be getting a lead up to the surge but you may have to get to know your usual OPK patterns before you can know for sure. I've only ever used Internet Cheapies plus I have PCOS so most of my tests look like that until I get my surge proper. Fingers crossed. Keep your results coming! Xox

I usually get Asda's but went to 3 stores and all sold out so went home bargains, they much the same so im guessing in next few days it will go positive BUT wont confirm if i ov'd till my chart confirms it, we will see what tomorrows looks like xx

Suze, you've got that right about the non-babymaking sex. It has really helped me to start feeling more normal about life in general and of course it's good for us. :)

I think that is a really nice idea about the rose for Joe. I think I would like to do something like that as well. I was thinking I'd like to put a letter to Gerri and a photograph of me, OH and son in her coffin. A simple flower or two would be nice as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with me Suze. It's terrible to be going through this. I'm so sorry you've been in this place. I hope you can get through Joe's due date without too much heartache. I am dreading 26 June myself. It still feels like a long way off. I'm hoping to do a lot of healing in that time but it doesn't seem like anything will make it easier when the day comes.

I'm not sure what an HSG is but I'll read up on it. My consultant wants to have a look around with a laparoscopy though I don't know if that is still going ahead as I had to cancel it once due to falling pregnant (I had actually conceived Gerri 3 days before the consultation but didn't yet know it). It took 7 months after ther early miscarriage before we managed to. I'm not sure what to expect now but I am going to try to hang onto the relaxed NTNP and see what happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterosalpingography

That's the info on the HSG, I have to be honest it is very painful but I feel it was worth having done. It was also quite cool watching on the screen in front of me, the dye flowing through the tube!

I don't know if you girls saw this but I have just ordered some:
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-after-loss/507605-10miu-opks.html

...to feed my addiction :blush:

Yep just seen them Suze may buy some lmao gonna go do another OPK i think :wacko:

I'm doing 2x OPK's a day at the mo, one with 2nd morning pee and one at tea time :blush:

I did one around 3pm and just done one now 'gotta wait 10 mins' but not missing this surge if i get one xxx

Any surge poppy?!! Or maybe you're away making the most of it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"