worried about my weekend away without bubba :(

Babydreams321

Reaction score
Hey girls..

I have a hen weekend coming up in two weeks which I CANT not go on at all... Jackson will be almost 6 weeks old & he is breastfed...

I have him on an expressed milk bottle once a day in preparation for staying home with daddy for 48 hours & am pumping daily to get enough in the freezer ready...

BUT im scared, im enjoying breastfeeding so much - its so easy, ( i struggled with my first son & exclusively expressed for 5 months) I intend on pumping through the day to keep my supply up while im away so not concerned about that particularly...more worried he wont latch on when i get home on Monday... :

Anyone experienced this please??

Sorry i have no experience but i would say you are going to need to pump every few hours (whenever baby usually would feed) in order to keep up your supply. I should think he will have no problems latching.

No experience (I haven't been away from my boobie-monster for more than an hour since she was born, lol!) but 48 hours doesn't seem like too long.

If you have bottle nipples that are as much like the breast as possible and are slow flow it will probably be easier to start bfing again when you get back.

Make sure you pump while you are gone! I am sure it will be easy to forget or put it off because you will be having so much fun or you will enjoy sleeping through the night. :) Maybe set an alarm to go off every few hours (however often LO usually nurses) and make sure to pump around that time?

If you are determined to bf exclusively then as soon as you get back only bf him and don't give him bottles so he gets used to it again.

Have fun! :)

Hiya I first left my son for weekend when he was 9 weeks old and he had no problems latching back on :) X

Thanks ladies youve eased my mind slightly.... i feel such mixed emotions - part of me cant wait to let my hair down & have fun with my best girls, the other part of me is racked with guilt for having to leave him :((

By 6 weeks his latch and breastfeeding should be well established and he is unlikely to forget over 48 hours how to latch on.
However just some other advice - I went to a wedding in May and had to leave LO with MiL for 10 hours. I only went to the car once to pump during that time. Major Error - I ended up getting engorged and having a blocked duct which really hurt for the next few days. So I really really can't stress how important it is to pump every few hours, not just for your supply, but for your own boob health! I would also recommend getting a double electric pump if you don't already have one, as this will speed up the time you are away from the party.
Have an awesome weekend :) xxx

Ah thanks for the tip - i can express quite quickly , can get 5 oz off of one boob in ten mins so hopefully ill get a pump session in every few hours throughout the day - even if it HAS to be before i go out & then when we get home at 2am, then first thing in morning etc...( obv as well as during the day regularly..)....itll constantly be on my mind as my boobs get big quickly lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->