Worried i have PND

SmileyKez

Reaction score
I was suffering the baby blues after my Lo was born, he is now 7 weekd and i feel like i have gone backwards! :(

I have suffered anxiety and low mood in the past so i think there was a higher risk this might happen.

Over the last week i have got more and more tearful, i hate to be on my own with the baby and have no confidence in myself when taking him out. I hate myself for thinking it but i kinda wish it was time for me to go back to work.

Dont get me wrong, i love him so much and i cant believe that i was blessed with such a beautiful boy, but i do sometimes find myself wondering why i wanted this so bad, and i hate myselffor thinking that, and im sure thats not really me thinking it.

I never thought it would be so hard! :(

the stage you are at is a really hard time - it does get easier! I felt totally miserable around the 7 week mark dealing with a colicky baby who did not want to go to sleep. It was hard.
If you think you may have PND then early treatment gives you the best possible chance of getting better sooner. Catching it early is so important. Have a chat with your health visitor about your low mood. Also be kind to yourself. Looking after a newborn is really really hard work round the clock every day with little rest. It's natural to feel a bit crap when you have no time to yourself and your sleep is very much disturbed. Don't expect yourself to be ecstatic with joy all the time.

Has your HV been in touch with the PND questionnaire yet? Might be worth doing, or you can at the docs

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=103.885

have a look at this my score at drs was 28/30

My hv has been coming extra due to my baby blues and my history, but she has been off sick so missed my appt this week, and i didnt see her the 2 previous weeks as i felt better. She mentioned the questionaire but hadnt done it. I just got 18, so dunno what that means. I have made an appt with my gp next week.

I think id feel better if i just had 5 mins to myself. Think i will ask my mum to have him 1 day next week so i can have some me time!

sounds like pnd. :hugs: let us know how u get on. diagnosing early is better i waited 5 months in denile made things alot worse

Thanks, I will do! My appt is on Tuesday!

I think some of my issues I need to speak to hubby about, I'm just trying to pluck up the courage to raise them! :(

Thanks, I will do! My appt is on Tuesday!

I think some of my issues I need to speak to hubby about, I'm just trying to pluck up the courage to raise them! :(

You really should talk to your hubby:hugs: I don't have PND but had quite bad baby blues and eventually I talked to my OH and it really did make a difference:thumbup: At first he was worried that him and/or our son wasn't making me happy but I explained things to him and it really helped to get things off my chest and un-bottled up.
It might be a difficult conversation and your hubby might be upset but it will help you:hugs:

This is exactly how I felt. Talk to your doctor! I got medication (although I know that's not the answer for everyone) and it has gotten so much easier since I started taking it. I feel much happier and am having an easier time bonding with my baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->