Worried Sick!

Marie81

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm worrying myself stupid! I am pregnant again for the third time, about 6wks. I lost my last two pregnancies, first at 24wks and the second at 20wks! I was really ill throughout both pregnancies in and out of hospital and ended up in intensive care on both ocaasions. Losing the pregnancies was nothing to do with me being ill but was due to contracting a CMV virus in the first trimester with the first pregnancy and then a placental abruption the second time.

So this time round to say I am anxious in a understatement! In the last few days I have developed a rash on my upper body and neck! I went to the doctor who wasn't sure what it was and send me for a blood test. This was Thursday and the results will be back Tuesday! I have been online and think it is Pityriasis Rosea and the symtoms and rash look alike. It says on a couple of sites that the miscarriage rate when contracted in the first trimester out of 32 women in the study was 62%!!!

I don't know what to do, I don't think I can cope if I lose this one aswell. Although I am not over the last two pregnancies at least I had stopped crying constantly.

I just can't bloody believe it, I feel like we are cursed with bad luck. Maybe I should lock myself in the house for the next 9mths!!

I don't want to tell my family as I don't want them to worry themselves more than they already are.

Has anyone else had Pityriasis Rosea here and been ok?!

Any advice or support really appreciated, I feel like I can't show my true emotions to my partner as I'm trying so hard to be strong and keep positive for him but it's really hard!

Thanks x

I haven't had Pityriasis Rosea, but didn't want to R+R. I am so sorry for your losses :( You should definitely talk to your doctor about the rash/miscarriage concerns you have, especially with your history.

I hope everything turns out ok xo

I'm sorry I have never heard of that. I just wanted to encourage you to be calm. Don't stress because it cannot help. It can hurt. Please just take a deep breath and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->