Worried We Can't Get Pregnant

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
This will be our 5th month TTC and we haven't been successful yet. My husband and I have been together fr 8 1/2 years, but married a year this coming July. Before we were actually TTC I stopped taking birth control a few years back because I have a condition where my blood clots more than normal and birth control and cause an increased risk of blood clots. Well my husband (my bf at the time) and I decided it was best if I stopped using birth control and we would be very careful that we didn't get pregnant, but if we did it wouldn't be the end of the world because we have been together so long. Well we used condoms for a while but he hates them so we started using the withdrawal method. We used that forever and we were very careful with it. Well we never accidently got pregnant and now that we're trying to get pregnant and haven't, I'm concerned there is a problem. I had my egg reserve tested a while ago and it was good. He did one of the at home sperm count tests and it was good. So I don't know? If anyone has advice or experience with using the withdrawal method and then able to get pregnant please let me know. Thank you!

Megan:help:

even with the withdrawel method you can stil fall pregnant so I dnt think that's really much of a issue (sorry if I have maybe misread your post) if you've done tests and they've showed you've no problems then you should be good to go and maybe it will just take awhile before you get that bfp... have you tried maybe taking vitamins that help (I recommend Royal Jelly as ive heard amazing reviews on it and im currently on my first month using and now almost a week late) ? and looking up what things you both can do to help increase your chance of conceiving... and maybe trying opks to find out when you ovulate etc?

Thank you for your information mummyyshearer. Yeah probably worrying too much, but I think that's normal? Let me know if you find out you're pregnant!! Yay!!:dust:

Pretty much in the same boat here. Stopped BC about a year before we got married, relied on the withdrawal method/natural planning (avoiding it around my fertile time). To me, we weren't really using protection-- we weren't trying for a baby, but we wouldn't have minded one at the time, we were just avoiding it.

Started TTC when we got married in August, and we took a break for a couple months because I felt the need to get our finances more in order. Altogether, this is cycle #6 for us. I did just get diagnosed with PCOS, and put on medicine, so hopefully that helps.

The upside is, the statistics are on our side for getting pregnant eventually:
20% will conceive within one month
70% will conceive within six months
85% will conceive within one year
90% will conceive within 18 months
95% will conceive within two years

Hoping it doesn't take two years for either of us, though!

Xoxo Megan.

I wonder why the percentage increases with time? I mean...isn't the enviroment and situation the same every month? :shrug:

Yeah sounds strange that the odds of getting pregnant increases with time? But I've heard that too. It better not take 2 years because this month will be 5 months of trying and I'm already impatient!! LOL!!! I have read that each cycle you have a 20% chance of getting pregnant. Seems so low huh? I don't get it?:dohh:

We've been married 14 years. The last 6 or 8 years I've been off BC because I didn't like the way I felt on it. I also developed a skin condition that won't get worse unless I go back on BC, but it won't ever go away. We've been using the withdrawal method too. I've also always been very regular & have always known my ov cycle. This is only C2 for us, but I've always wondered secretly if there was something wrong with me since I've never accidently gotten pregnant. I'm glad to know there are others out there like me. Since we are all actively trying now, hopefully our BFPs will come soon!

MissB it is nice to know that it's not just you. Hopefully you and I will be ok and get pregnant soon. It just makes you wonder though doesn't it? :huh: Keep me updated on how it goes for you. When is your AF due?

Yay!!! My AF should be leaving he building after today!! So we're on the same schedule pretty much!!:af:

Thanks, heres hoping. I am 10dpo but period is only 4days late. First month testing for ovulation so i dnt know if im normally late ovulating or its been a one off thing... But is first month in awhile ive been late and also furst month trying royal jelly sooo hopin somethings working... So impatient

Tons of baby dust your way mummyyshearer!! :dust:
And hoping you get a :bfp:

Yay!!! My AF should be leaving he building after today!! So we're on the same schedule pretty much!!:af:

Sounds like we are! I've been lucky that I've always been very regular with the exception of one month where I was two weeks early, but that's been awhile.

Mummyyshearer: hoping for a BFP for you!

:dust: to us all!

So my AF left the building!! Yay!! On to trying again!!

:af:
:sex: LOL!!
:dust:

I got my fertility monitor!!! Now I have to read how to use the dang thing in 27 page directions booklet. LOL!!!:happydance: I'll let you know what I think!

OH and I have never been 100% careful with protection :blush: and never had an accident (or even a slight scare!) and I always worried this meant that we couldnt get pregnant.
It then took us 5 cycles to get the twins.
Im already panicing about secondary infertility, I think its natural to worry about something you want so badly.
:dust: to us all. Really hoping we fall quickly this time xxxx

Hey gals..
I was on bc for many years and also stopped because dh and I decided we do NTNP sort of approach but after 2 years and not even a close call I decided maybe something might be wrong. It's a long story but I highly recommend charting in addition to using opks to get a clear handle on your cycles. Read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility if your able as it has been super helpful for a lot of women.

I thought my cycles were fine because I had what I thought were positive opks for O and af some days later and I was shocked to find out I was having annovulatory cycles after I started charting. I was even more crushed when I finally got my body to legitimately O and then realized my luteal phase was too short to sustain a pregnancy. Maybe not everyone's issue obviously but charting is the only way to know for sure everything is truly on track. Anyways I ramble but my point is a lot of women are sure they have regular cycles with normal ovulations when (especially after being on bc) there are underlying hormonal imbalances that bring our odds down significantly. I can't tell you how many times I see threads where O and/or AF are late when they have never been and test after test comes up bfn which is such a heartbreak.

Good luck to you all and I hope you don't walk the same road I did..6 years and multiple losses :wacko: I think I should add a charting cheerleader to my signature I recommend it so much lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->