Worry wart...worrying again (update)

adellademona

Reaction score
I'm probably getting a head start worrying about my child... this is my first pregnancy.

I'm about 7 weeks if I go by my LMP. A few days ago the dh and I got a little frisky and I started bleeding. It really wasn't enough to wear a liner but it was red and enough to make a small mess. It stopped after about 15 minutes or so and kept getting lighter.

Then past few days I've been spotting pink. Sometimes with small streaks or specks of red. Again, not needing a liner but there every time I use the bathroom and wipe.

I've been having mild cramps from the beginning and occasionally I still have them but they aren't particularly painful.

Just now I also realized my breasts are not as tender and sore as they were yesterday...

I'm not trying to worry, but I want to know is this normal? Worth a call to my ob? My first appointment is on the 17th and I don't want to waste an ER visit on paranoia - not to mention it's expensive peace of mind with the insurance I have. I'm not sure if the OB can work me in earlier or not.

Thoughts? Advice? I'm so lost. I know a lot of women spot during the first trimester but that doesn't do much to calm me.

UPDATE:

I'm worrying again because now I have some pinkish clots. They are really tiny but float in the toilet. The dh and I were a little frisky again and I bled but not too badly. I spotted for a few hours after and it's getting lighter each minutes. I'm still really concerned about it but I'm not cramping. I tried to call my ob but they can't give me medical advice until i come in for an appointment. My appointment is Tuesday. I'm just...worrying.

I would call an advice line if you can. In the UK we have NHS 111, always good to check if you are worried for sure. It's probably nothing but always good to check. xx

ps. I think we all constantly worry, quite normals ^_^ big hugs! xx

I've read that it is common to spot after DTD. As for cramps, I had them all thru my pregnancy with daughter. My OB said that was normal. I would call your OBs office and explain what is going on and see what they say. They may be able to reassure you that it's common or they may want you to come in earlier to check you out. I really don't think they'd mind a call; mine always wanted me to call anytime I was concerned about anything. Oh, and my symptoms came and went and all was okay. My breasts were horribly painful and then all of a sudden it was just gone. Then 3 days later, they were back to hurting. Good luck!

Thank you all for the support and advice. I woke up super nauseous this morning ×_× that's about it. Haven't noticed any spotting yet today but we will see.

It's a little chilly where I am today, so I just want to stay in bed under the covers.

I would definitely call your doctor and get checked out. I thought I had two periods before finding out I was actually pregnant and have been spotting since then -- so it's possible that everything is okay (in my case, I have an irritated cervix), but it's definitely still worth a check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->