Worrying about gender disappointment already :-(

Kerrieann

Mummy to 4 boys
Reaction score
Hi I have 4 boys already and now expecting my 5th baby, I'm already worrying about how I feel if it's another boy, obviously 1st off all I want is a healthy baby but there's part of me that really wants a girl, but I'm 90% sure this is a boy too, I find out in a couple of weeks at a gender scan at 16 weeks.
I cried when I found out my 4th was a boy, I felt sad as he was meant to be my last baby and just longed for a daughter. Within a couple of days I was over it and excited for our new addition! So I know the disappointment won't last long anyway. I'm just worried about it and I don't even know why I'm posting this really, maybe to see if anyone else is in the same position? This baby wasn't planned and we were using double protection lol but he or she has still snuck in so I think it's fate and meant to be so I'm excited either way just would really love a daughter but also to give the grandparents a granddaughter as they have 6 grandsons now!!

Don't feel bad, it's a perfectly natural reaction and, like you say, you know you will love the baby no matter what.

I have 2 boys already, and this is our last (I'm 41 now, and several other factors say this is last one). My OH wants a girl and his parents have 5 grandsons, no granddaughters so I know they would love it to be a girl. I think my parents feel the same as I think my brothers aren't likely to have children now. Pressure!!

I would like a girl, and I cried when I found out DS2 was a boy because I thought he would be my last. I don't feel as bad as then because my boys both want a brother so it helps that they will both be chuffed with a boy. I also had 2 MCs last year and that experience has made me more appreciative that I'm having a baby at all, seeing as I lost an ovary to the first MC which was ectopic. I also worry that a girl would be more left out because this age gap will be bigger than between DS1 & DS2.

I don't think there's many women that could have 4 children in a row of the same sex and not hold out at least some hope for a baby of the opposite sex :flower:

Ya, I have 3 boys and really really want a girl but just have this feeling it will be another boy. And this has to be my last baby due to health issues. I know how you feel about not wanting to be disappointed but knowing you will probably feel that way for a bit anyway.

Perfectly normal and I have heard many moms feeling those same feelings. This time...myself included! My first pregnancy I had no preference at all - we had a boy. The second pregnancy I still didn't really have a preference because it would be great to have one of each, but also would be amazing to have two brothers - we had a boy. This is our third and last baby and I this time, find myself daydreaming of a girl. I don't want to feel any disappointment feelings as I would feel so guilty. I just know its normal and I always tell myself that if I have all boys...and it was meant to be, there was probably a good reason! Your not alone. Hugs.

Any updates ladies?

We found out today we are having another boy.

Feeling happy and grateful and a little sad all at the same time because this is our last.

Congratulations Grateful 💙

I found out our new baby is going to be a girl! Confirmed at 20, 28 and 31 week scans (I have extra growth scans) so I actually believe it now lol. I was ready to shoot down anyone who dared to make out I would love my 3rd child any less if she had been a boy though, 3 boys together will be awesome Grateful.

Congratulations on your baby boy!! My step sister had 5 boys and now she has 6 granddaughters!

Everything - Congrats on your baby girl!! How exciting!! Yes 3 boys will be awesome...and crazy! God blessed us immensely and I have no room for complaints if baby girl wasn't meant to be. Best of luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!

Everything - Congrats on your baby girl!! How exciting!! Yes 3 boys will be awesome...and crazy! God blessed us immensely and I have no room for complaints if baby girl wasn't meant to be. Best of luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!

Thank you, best of luck with yours too :flower:

I told a friend that I'd had 2 MCs last year, in a conversation where I was explaining how grateful I was to be pregnant, and she actually replied that the MCs were "probably for the best because they might have been boys." I had no words, such a ridiculous thing to think I'd rather lose a baby than have a boy!!! I totally adore my boys and know I'd have been completely smitten with another (my boys both wanted another brother too).

Wow...yes it's easy to get caught up in gender but to imagine the MC's were for the best due to possible gender is ridiculous!

The thought of my 3 beautiful boys grows on me more and more by the day and my dreams of a girl seem not near as important as the news that our beautiful son appears healthy in there.

Thank you, best of luck with yours too :flower:

I told a friend that I'd had 2 MCs last year, in a conversation where I was explaining how grateful I was to be pregnant, and she actually replied that the MCs were "probably for the best because they might have been boys." I had no words, such a ridiculous thing to think I'd rather lose a baby than have a boy!!! I totally adore my boys and know I'd have been completely smitten with another (my boys both wanted another brother too).

Ignorance at it's finest! How rude someone would even think like that let alone say it :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->