Worst baby names you've heard

Regarding Twilight names, I'm pissed some good names are all Twilight associated! I love Esme, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett and Jasper. Unusable for right now...

I agree I loved Rosalie!

Regarding Twilight names, I'm pissed some good names are all Twilight associated! I love Esme, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett and Jasper. Unusable for right now...

I love those too, especially Esme :dohh:
I like Carlisle too :blush: I think it'd make a sweet middle name for a little boy :flower:

I like Carlisle in theory, just can't picture it on a child of mine (same with Beatrice...).

I loved Alice before Twilight and the re-make of Alice in Wonderland ruined that :dohh:

It really bugs me that Aidan has become so trendy :nope:
My family is Irish and its a family name for me, but I don't think I'd ever use it because of how trendy and popular it is.

I don't like Unisex names for either gender, too much confusion. I hate when given names are nicknames, like calling the baby Jessie instead of Jessica, Ellie instead of Eleanor, etc.

Agreed. DH & I love our Irish heritage, and love the name Aidan... but it's become SO popular. I know loads of people who have named their sons Aidan. :wacko:

I, too, hate unisex names- especially on boys. I feel like if you are going to name your son a semi-girly name you might as well just go all the way & name him Nancy. Or Susan. :dohh:

Another thing I hate... When a baby's last letter of their first name is the same as the first letter of their last name. For example: Chris Smith or Bob Brown. I feel like I have a hard time figuring out where the first name ends and the last name begins when the name is spoken aloud. Sometimes it sounds alright... but a lot of times it bothers me. :shrug:

:flow:

Oooh, you know what boy name I don't like? Austin. Blech! :sick:
I once worked with a girl named Richelle and for some reason I really like that name. :shrug:

I remember my 3rd grade teacher once told us never to called our kids rain...she said that she once had a student named rain and one day she was talking to her sister (who was also a teacher) and saw her student and told her sister "hey look there's Rain" and her sister said "what are you talking about its sunny outside" :rofl:

I think im way to picky just Thought of some other names i dislike

Mario, Layton, Ferris, Carson, Walter, Mavis, Crystal, Cayenne, Landon

Also dont like names which have become really popular, Finley (although i do like that one tbh but couldnt name it my child as its way to common), Jayden, Isabella, Riley, Hayden , Olivia,

And also dont like names which are really surnames , Taylor, Harris, Cameron, Mckenna/Mckenzie, Jackson, Addison, Bentley, Piper, Dixon etc xx

There is lots of names i do like tho :haha:.. xx

Shannon, my sister named my nephew Austin. I tried talking her out of it, but she was absolutely in love with it! meh. Love him, still don't like the name. And to top it off, they gave him his father's middle name. Marsh. I shit you not. His name is Austin Marsh.
:coffee:

OH! Shannon reminded me. Hate Austin, Dakota, Cody, Sienna, Savannah, Cheyenne Paris on a girl (yes, it's a boys name), Asia, etc. The only acceptable state names are Georgia, Caroline/a and Virginia.

I love old lady names. :haha: A future daughter will be Sylvia or Edith (Edie).

I love those names Daphne. I don't think they're "old lady". I have to be honest though, I didn't know how I felt about Phineas before I met you but I actually love it!

People have told me that Victoria is an "old persons" name but I don't think that. :shrug:
UH OH. Just realized there's a Victoria in Twilight! Whatever. I definitely didn't name her after that. :roll:

I just thought of some more :haha:

I don't like babies named after places. London, Paris and Tennessee..I just don't see the appeal :nope:

I also hate apostrophes in names. I remember seeing a girl on here (who was banned for faking, but still.) whose LO was named Nick'coal. So unnecessary! Also Ken'dra, Dah'lia, La'Rayshan. :nope:

I hate names where the "i"'s are swapped for "y"s. Like Alysyn. What was wrong with Alison?

And I never saw the attraction to the name Chance for a boy. I just don't get it. :shrug:

Lucy? We are naming twins.

Shannon that's funny! I don't find Victoria to be "old" at all. Victoria isn't a name I would use but I definitely don't see anything wrong with it! And it fits Tori perfectly. :)

Have any of you watched the show Sister Wives on TLC? It's all about the Brown family... & the second wife had a daughter last season and decided to name her Truely. Soooo they named their daughter Truely Brown. Wtf? She's going to get made fun of. Just sayin'

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My favorite thing about "Truely Brown" is they spelled it wrong. It's 'Truly', if you're going for grammatically correct..

The "Teen Mom" names that caught on, Jayce, Bentley, etc. They're so trendy and are going to be very "2000"s dated.
Oh my god! At first, I was so upset when I realized we picked a name that was off that show. I felt like people where going to think I was copying it or something. Now I don't care, because we love the name we've chosen for him. :thumbup:

I Love Jace, && Bentley that would totally be a name for me if I had a boy, butttt the show & I named my dog that :haha:

Also dont like names which have become really popular, Finley (although i do like that one tbh but couldnt name it my child as its way to common), Jayden, Isabella, Riley, Hayden , Olivia,

Im naming my girl Rylee :blush:
butttt girlyer spelling :thumbup: ?

Ooo can I just jump in with one?

Lea-a.
Pronounced "Lee-a-dash-a"

Am I the only one who thought "WHAT o_O"

I love my older cousin to death but I cant stand her name. Trakela . Its just soooooo ghettto :dohh: i dunno I just never liked it and at first I could hardly pronounce it , we call her COCO tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->