Would I be entitled to tax credits?

maisie78

Mum
Reaction score
I've just gone down to SMP after my OMP ended so now on £130 ish a week. My OH is not currently working so I was wondering if I would be entitled to claim tax credits? I didn't think I would be because I earn well over the threshold when working so if they base it on last year's earnings I definitely wouldn't get anything. But now I have read that they would base it on current circumstances so not sure if I should put a claim in?

Im not very good at this advice but all I can say is put a claim in and worst they can do is say no :)

I would give the a ring, the whole 'last year' thing has always confused me but I'm fairly certain you can ring up and ask them to do it on your current situation, baring in mind we are going into a new tax year soon. I think the main thing is to work out your annual wages for 12/13 while on maternity leave and if that is under the threshold.

They will consider last years income but will consider that you have also taken a drop in pay. So you will probably get something but it may not be much, depending on how much you earned last year x

you put in your wages based on your drop in pay but add 2500 to it as they don't consider the first 2500 you earn. so use what your earnings would be while you are on smp and not previous year. you should be entitled to something though good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->