Would one of my fellow Americans out there...

...please go to your nearest 7-11 and enjoy a blue raspberry Slurpee for me?

If you're hungry, you could accompany this with a 7-layer burrito from Taco Bell.

Thank you. :flower: :winkwink:

Wow 7-11 thats a blast from the past! We used to have one in town (in the UK) when I was growing up (prob about 20 years ago now :blush:) & I used to love slurpees :thumbup: They used to only have 2 flavours coca cola & I can't remember what the other one was but the 2 mixed together was yum yum yum...

x

MandaAnda - lol I got to Tony Roma's just so I can have a mountain dew or root beer with dinner!!

https://www.americansweets.co.uk/ is a pretty good site. They do really reasonable shipping. They don't have the widest selection of things available yet, but they'll do in a pinch! I wish there was a good local shop somewhere in Glasgow that sold American foods.

DueMarch2nd - I signed the petition! :) I came over to Scotland in 2001 for University, got married and I'm still here. The lack of American foods never hit me as hard as it did when I got pregnant.

MandaAnda - lol I got to Tony Roma's just so I can have a mountain dew or root beer with dinner!!

https://www.americansweets.co.uk/ is a pretty good site. They do really reasonable shipping. They don't have the widest selection of things available yet, but they'll do in a pinch! I wish there was a good local shop somewhere in Glasgow that sold American foods.

DueMarch2nd - I signed the petition! :) I came over to Scotland in 2001 for University, got married and I'm still here. The lack of American foods never hit me as hard as it did when I got pregnant.

Becca, that's the place in Aldershot that I'm hoping to go to! And they're supposed to be updating their website throughout this week as well.

I signed that petition so long ago. Rumour has it (not seen it for myself) that there're now 2 Taco Bells in Madrid to test the waters to see if Europe is ready for them to try again. If one would only pop up down the road, I'm sure I could keep them in business!

I see you too are living in scotland and are (from the title...) an american. What brings you here? I am married to a scotsman. Been here for 4 years
Hey there! My husband and I moved over from St. Louis a bit over 2 years ago - I convinced my company to send me over on secondment from the St. Louis office to our Edinburgh office. :) We love it here!

Plus go to Wendy's get a Frosty, some large fries and proceed to dip them in said frosty. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think I'd be the size of a house if I still lived in America.l
OMG, I could totally do with a Wendy's frosty and some fries. And I have thought that same thing so many times - I would be huge if I were pregnant in the States. I walk a lot more here and definitely eat less fast food!

Wait........ there is Mountain Dew in the UK???? Do all Tony Roma's have it??

If you get more than £50 worth it's free shipping. However, I was shocked by how small the (already waaaay overpriced) packets are!! Especially the Snyder's pretzels, which are little bigger than snack size. But they have not only proper American ranch dressing, but my favorite brand: Hidden Valley. :)

Rumour has it (not seen it for myself) that there're now 2 Taco Bells in Madrid to test the waters to see if Europe is ready for them to try again. If one would only pop up down the road, I'm sure I could keep them in business!
You might've heard this from me. :) There is definitely one. My sister lives in Madrid and has been within the past few months - she said it tastes just like proper American TB, too, although the menu has some differences. I have also read that there are plans to trial Taco Bell in the UK again within the next few years or so. Apparently there used to be a couple of them (in/around London I believe) but they closed. However, from what I read they feel like awareness/appreciation for Mexican food has gained enough ground in the UK that they feel they can try again. (They're part of the same corporation as KFC and Pizza Hut.)

Wow 7-11 thats a blast from the past! We used to have one in town (in the UK) when I was growing up (prob about 20 years ago now :blush:) & I used to love slurpees :thumbup: They used to only have 2 flavours coca cola & I can't remember what the other one was but the 2 mixed together was yum yum yum...

I'd bet it was cherry - I think that is the classic Slurpee flavour. Interesting... I didn't now they'd ever been here!

I bet it was you that I heard the Taco Bell rumour from. I've been wanting a free trip to Madrid ever since! I think people would appreciate it more here now, as they seem to like "Tex-Mex" so much more (and usually do a terrible job of trying to duplicate it!).

There's proper ranch at Costco. I had a big, ginormous bottle of it; and it tasted like the real thing. I can't remember the name, though (had never heard of it before).

And I wonder if I can convince DH to go to the Tony Roma's in Kingston this next week...

There's proper ranch at Costco. I had a big, ginormous bottle of it; and it tasted like the real thing. I can't remember the name, though (had never heard of it before).

And I wonder if I can convince DH to go to the Tony Roma's in Kingston this next week...

I just bought that last week!!! It's massive!! It looks like a Hidden Valley knock-off because it has the same green banner on it. I made sure it was made in the USA before I bought it. (Ranch made in the UK never tastes right.) I haven't opened it yet because I still had a little bit of real Hidden Valley left in the fridge from my last AmericanSweets order. But it's empty now. (Sekhme's right, such TINY bottles and packets!!) So I'll probably break it open in the next day or two. I'll let you know my opinion on it. Costco is also the place to buy American Marshmallows (since british ones seem to have a bit of a peppermint flavour to them) and Hershey's Syrup. :)

Wait........ there is Mountain Dew in the UK???? Do all Tony Roma's have it??

As far as I'm aware they all have it! It's on the menu. Super pricey though. About £2.40 a can I think. I think you can get it on most of the American food websites for closer to 1.30 a can. But when you need one, you need one! *laughs* and if you go to Roma's there's no waiting!

Come on Taco Bell!!! We'll keep you in business I promise!!

Haha, glad I'm not the only one who eats Wendy's fries dipped in Frosty! mmmmm... I want a Frosty now, but there's no Wendy's in town. Just got done eating a Culver's burger though, so I'm happy and full! :)

Haha, glad I'm not the only one who eats Wendy's fries dipped in Frosty! mmmmm... I want a Frosty now, but there's no Wendy's in town. Just got done eating a Culver's burger though, so I'm happy and full! :)

It's pretty much the only thing I go to Wendy's for!!!! mmmmmmmmm need one!

Never heard of Culvers... is it a more northern chain?

This thread is just evil... making me so hungry for Taco Bell! Lol There's also something about the Pepsi at TB that is so much better than any place else. It's a mystery... but I could do with a 7 layer burrito and 2 bean burritos right now! Yum! Fingers crossed Taco Bell comes back to the UK!
Also, a Jumbo Jack with cheese from Jack-in-the-Box!
Am awaiting my package from American Sweets as well... ordered a ton of Kool-Aid! Also got several packages of Nestles Tollhouse morsels to make cookies and fudge with.
As for Ranch dressing, my sister and mom send me the packets of dry mix Hidden Valley as it's so easy to make and very easy to ship.

Totally miss American "junk"!! :laugh2:

Hee hee, I had some Taco Bell the other day- I just had a CRAZY craving for fries supreme- we have Taco Bell in Canada too :)

About the hidden valley... i am an absolute addict!! So my family used to send me bottles a few times a year but now they send me the dry packets and I just add mayo and milk and mix it myself. It tastes really good. Tesco did an ok garlic and herb for a bit but then they changed the recipe and it is like all other uk "ranch" and morissons did a good fresh one too but it was tiny and tbh I must have been the only one buying and it got discontinued so I havent found a decent one here yet and I love my packets. They are cheap to send so my family are happy to do it. They know there is one thing I cant live without.

And has anyone been to TGI Fridays? I went to the edinburgh one, got ranch (was psyched when i saw it on the menu) and it was AWFUL!!! Like, c'mon an american restaurant that cant do ranch? TGI Fridays in usa have good ranch. My sis and me used to rate the restaurant on how good the ranch was :blush:

What type of mayo are you guys using to make the ranch packs with? My parents sent me the packets too... but I made one and it tasted foul.. I'm sure I did something wrong.

DueMarch - yes! I can't believe they can't get the right ranch! How hard can it be for them to import the right stuff? If you actually compare the places though the food in the stateside TGIFs is always better than in their british equivs.. (doesn't stop me from going though! I've been having oreo-banana milkshakes there practically since I got my BFP.)

mmmm Kool-aid!! I was really craving it during the first tri but hubby wouldn't let me have any because almost all the flavours are made with Red 40 which has been banned in the UK :( How come Britain doesn't seem to do anything in Grape or Fruitpunch flavour? ooooh I'd LOVE a HiC Fruitpunch right now...

Oh I was gonna ask to enjoy a bag of kisses but my sister just came back from new York and brought me a bag as well as a bag of tootsie rolls!!! Yummy!!!

I use regular helmans mayo I think. Whatever the big brand is, i used that but I have used tesco and asda brand and it has been good.

My parents send me butterfingers and almond joy!! Yum!! Cant wait for my christmas package :)

It sounds like I should start up an export business -lol!

I have a 7/11 right across the street. =)

Thank god we have Taco Bell in Iceland (of all places, lol) .. think I´ll persuade my OH to drop by there tomorrow since I can hardly drive anymore. This thread has me craving burritos and chalupas ... hell now I want everything on the menu :dohh:

Thank god we have Taco Bell in Iceland (of all places, lol) .. think I´ll persuade my OH to drop by there tomorrow since I can hardly drive anymore. This thread has me craving burritos and chalupas ... hell now I want everything on the menu :dohh:
Wow, that's a surprise! I've always wanted to visit Iceland... But suddenly I find myself wanting to more than ever. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->