would you be concerned??

Keeley220886

Reaction score
...[FONT="Lucidahiya ladies :flower:

this is the first time i have posted in this thread....
my little Alfie was 6+ weeks prem, at birth he weighed 2.35 kg- 5lbs 3oz, lost a little in scbu but came home weighing 5lb.
then these are his weights as follows...

9 days old...5lb.3
16 days...5lb.14
27 days ...7lb.2
8 weeks...11lb.4
9 weeks...11bs.14
10 weeks...12lb. 7
14 weeks...13lb.3
24 weeks...15lb.5

can you see the rapid weight gain in the first 10 weeks? on the premi chart he went right up to 91st centile, and when its carried over to the " full term " onr he worked out just above 50th, but since 14 weeks he has gone down to just below 25th in the 9th bit!
baring in mind he has had bronchiolitus , cold etc....
but should i be worried that hes dropped so much? the HV dont seem to be?
to look at him he looks a ;little chubby :happydance: but on the charts he doesnt look like he is gaining much?
he doesnt look small he is now 28 weeks and in 6-9 clothing, he is reaching his milestones, sitting at 5 month etc.
this is his routine....

6:30am-7oz
8:00am- jar of porridge
10am- between 6-9oz
11am nap
1ish- 6oz ish
2pm-jar dinner ( maybe a yoghurt after)
3:30- between 5-7 oz
5pm jar for tea ( maybe yoghurt to)
bath time
6-6:30pm- 6-9 oz then bed time and he wake at roughly 6:30am

so i think he's eating enough cos he also had the dd bit of finger food to play with throughout the day to.

he is 28 weeks now and going to get him weighed on wednesday, hoping he has put weight on seen as he is over his colds etc....

thanks for reading ladies, any advice or tips would be greatfuk to help me make sure he either levels out or gains weight last thing i want id him loosing weight :nope:

Sans Unicode"][/FONT]

hehe just made my self giggle with the "greatfuk" opps! yu know what i mean lol

Hi

If your HV isn't concerned then I would take that as a good sign. Being poorly has probably meant he has used his energy fighting the infection has used up more calories as well. I think after a spell of him being well get him weighed and if he does continue dropping then maybe think of adding more cream / butter / cheese to his meals to add more calories.

I don't know if it helps but my LO was a rapid grower also, he was quickly on the 50th centile for the full termer chart. I have stopped getting him weighed since he was just over 5 months old..well I did get him weighed just recently and worked out he'd only put on just over 2lb's in 2 and a half months, he'd dropped on the chart also..I just put that down to him becoming a lot more active, the last time he was weighed he was barely moving, now he doesn't stop :haha: I really wouldn't worry as you say your LO has been ill also and the older he gets the more active he'll become so his weight gain will slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->