Would you buy a hunted house?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Now I'm not sure what my thoughts are on ghosts, my husband believes, but I am not so sure, but do scare really easily.

Anyway, hubby has been given a offer to relocate back to scotland, offering to buy our house off us and pay expenses and give us £20k! We always wanted to go back but the timing isnt quite right, however it seems a really good offer so we are considering it.

Anyway, seen a beautiful house online, almost perfect! It's really old and rural which we love, oh looked it up online and there is quite a history, it still has some graves in the garden (garden is 1 acre though) and it used to be a chapel and a hospital before that!

Anyway, he found an article about hunted houses and it was featured, stories from the post owners and locals saying its avoided by locals.

At present it's vacant and from we we can tell it has been awhile. I keep saying the sellers must have been scared by the ghost. Lol.

Anyway, would you buy a hunted house?

I believe in the paranormal.
I think I would buy it, but if it would put you at ease maybe have the house blessed or something.
My mums house has had strange goings on in it for years lol banging/things flying off tables nowhere near the edge. We ignore them now, its the living that hurts you not the dead.

Yes I would as I don't believe in ghosts and all that jazz.

I wouldn't but I am the biggest scaredy cat going! I get scared walking in a church grounds in the day time let alone sleeping at night with graves surrounding me...but I am just really silly like that!

That and we have a good idea who it might be thats doing it in my mums house, so we dont mind they can stay lol.

Yeah absolutely, sounds like a great opportunity, you should go for it!

There are only four graves to be fair. I'll see if I can post links off my iPad

https://82.113.156.102/current-feed/pdf.php?vars=propertypdf-sales-aacrps-STN100189-1350118166

Hopefully it will work, that's the house, see gravestone pic lol

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/3336374/Your-place-or-theirs.html

This is the article, or one of them lol

Normally i'd say no because i'm a huge scaredy cat, but that house is gorgeous, go for it! :haha:

I don't think I would, because I'm such a wimp! I'm actually really interested in the paranormal and would love the idea of visiting a haunted house but I don't think I could actually live in one.

How many people is it hunted by? House hunting can be tedious if there are always 20 or more people showing up at a single appointment :p

For that house I'd have a party with the ghosts every night, it's lovely...

I know isnt it lush? It's been on sale at least 18 months, I really want to actually see it, but it's 550 miles away lol, an of we go up we have to tell family and we don't want them to know unil we make a delicious, the are a few other nice ones, but love this.

Plus the are some houses were we used to love going way cheap, so that's tempting to but one there for now and be living debt free.

I am so in love with that house though. I it cost a little less I would have made on offer right away, but it will be a streach so want to make the right deacon. When oh told me there was a problem with the house, my heart sunk, and when be said ghosts, i said, is that all? Lol.

Hmm it is a tough one its such a beautiful house but I'm a strong believer of ghosts & such a big wuss I know I'd be to terrified to live there especially at night time! Lol xx

I would, but probably because i'm used to weird goings on. My Mum & Dad's house used to have such strange things happening when we moved down here. It was almost like they didn't want us to be there so tried to scare us in any way they could.
It calmed down after a couple of years and if ever anything happens now we tell them to bugger off - which works :lol:.

Noooo chance here lol! gorgeous house but I could not settle if something was there.....and the grave stones in the garden :argh:

plus if you wanted to sell on it prob would not sell again lol

Yeah i'd happily live with a few ghosties if it meant i could live in that house. It's gorgeous :) I've read the article and the previous owners lived there for 22 years so the ghosts can't be that much of a nuisance :winkwink:

I would - especially one as lovely as that.
I'm pretty sure the house we are living in is haunted (we moved ion this time last year.
Its an old edwardian property and I often hear someone walking around upstairs (and once I heard someone walking up or down the stairs!!)

Personally- no, I don't know whether I "believe" or not, but it'd really put me off! That house is gorgeous though and I say go for it if it doesn't bother you! Hope you get what you want :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->