Would you buy online?

iandromiskin

Reaction score
This is probably not the thread or place to ask this (if its not I accept that the moderators are free to remove this post), but I'm an expectant father who is doing a project as part of a business degree and part of it is to calculate the market demand for an internet site selling Maternity clothing for mothers as well as baby clothing and all associated baby related equipment (cots, underwear, etc).

Its just a general question really (if allowed, if not I apologize) but I was wondering if mothers (and fathers) here would buy stuff on line and if so what ? Why would you buy online as opposed to just going to the shop ?

I bought pretty much all of my pregnancy and baby stuff online and still do. I shopped around to get things as cheap as possible. Also I found from about 6months which is when I started buying things that with working full time I was just too tired to go out shopping at the weekend and now I have the baby it's just too much effort to get us both ready and head into town and shop around etc. when someone can just bring it to my door instead!

Cheers. Thanks for that. I presume you would try to buy as much as possible online ie maternity clothes, baby clothes, furniture, bottles etc. I know we would or will try. I'm trying to establish the popularity of such sites (what people buy and why) and what attracts people to the internet over normal shops.

Ps. we're half way there. Due early February.

When I was pregnant with Keane (now 2),apart from buying the pram/carseat from Mothercare the majority of my equipment came via ebay,freecycle or my local Vineyard centre x

option 1
saturday morning: town is heaving, you struggle through with a pushchair and queue for ages as lo get tired/ratty/hungry etc, you get stressed and give up

option 2
saturday morning: baby is happily playing by herself, you have a cup of tea to hand, its all peaceful, you can go at your own pace without people trying to sell you this card and insurance etc.

since having lo i buy alot of her things online, its so much easier. and alot of places have better sales online. im quite happy to buy toys,clothes etc online but shoes i buy in store. when we were expecting lo we went to shops to try out the bigger purchases like pushchair then shopped aropund on internet for a better deal etc.

I do not buy clothes online - not for baby or me - I like to see and feel exactly what I am buying. Only things I have bought online were major bargains - a winter coat with 75% off.

I do buy branded items - toys/games/ etc -online.

When I was pregnant, I enjoyed going shopping for baby and maternity things - it added to the excitement!! But I'd buy things online if they were cheaper - ie see the pram in the shop, come home & buy it cheaper online.

Now, I buy a lot of stuff from ebay, but still like looking at baby clothes in the shops. But if I saw something I liked I wouldnt hesitate to buy online x

Hi

Due to a very difficult pregnancy I am on bedrest so everything I bought for my baby was online. From furniture, to bottles to clothes. It was just impossible for me to go out and get them.

It also gives me something to do that passes time!

There isn't much choice at all in my town for maternity clothing so I bought most of mine online. Most of the baby stuff we got from traditional shops. Unless something is a bragain or an item I can't get where I live then we tend to buy it in person rather than get it delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->