Would you go on holiday at Christmas time?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
We are very family orientated at Christmas. Family party on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day with all DH's family, another family party on Boxing Day and then usually another get together before everyone goes back to work in January.
This will be our last child (due in 5 weeks) and I'm debating whether it would be nice to go away for Christmas and new year in a few years time, maybe to Florida or the Caribbean or whether I would miss the craziness of Christmas.
Has anyone been away for Christmas? Would you?

I've never been on a beach holiday at Christmas but we have gone skiing over Christmas and really enjoyed it but that may because the villages are always so Christmassy and snowy. i wanted to go to Iceland this year but the prices they charge over the Christmas break are not worth it, we will probably go early next year.

I would when my kids were older, youngest is two. Skiing over new year would be great, not sure OH would leave house at Xmas to holiday

Maybe? I do love Christmas here though. I wouldn't go without my mum though as she's on her own, unless she was going to my bro or they were coming to her.

When my kids are older and out on there own and DH and I are retired we will probably think about going away on Christmas, but right now probably not.

I will be taking B to Lapland over Christmas either when she is 4 or 5. My oh works Christmas day anyway so it makes no odds and I will invite my mum and dad as they both live along. That being said it wont be on Xmas day so we will still see everyone on the day.

I wouldn't do a beach holiday. Just because id miss the Xmas feeling too much.

I haven't, I don't think I would either. I kind of feel like I would miss Christmas.

I might when the kids are older but not a beach holiday I don't think, it would have to be somewhere that had a Christmassy feel xx

I've been to Florida twice over Christmas but not until I was 17 and then 19 but it was a great experience. It still felt very Christmassy and we had a roast dinner and put decorations up in our villa. We spent Christmas eve in Magic Kingdom and it was one of the best feelings ever.

It was funny when we were in Walmart though and my mum asked if they sold gravy browning - they thought she was crazy when she explained what it was :)

No. I dont think id ever do a beach holiday at christmas. I just love it too much and it wouldnt feel like christmas. I would go away at christmas, either some kind of log cabin type place in England or somewhere cold and snowy but only if family came with us. Its personal choice though if you think you'll enjoy it, go for it.

We're off to lapland for Christmas this year and cannot wait! !!! Not sure I'd do a beach holiday though x

I'd consider it if my kids were older. My FIL has made it his tradition to go to FL every Christmas, his kids are older now but he did it when they were younger too.

We did Disneyland Florida for DD1's 2nd christmas. We went with the inlaws so they picked the dates. TBH it didnt feel like xmas and although we took a few pressies with us for LO i deffo would think twice before i did it again. x

I wouldnt! To me Christmas is a time to be at home with family, but everyone is different and you should do what suits you and your family x

I'd love to go to new york for Christmas. Have been for thanksgiving and loved it x

We did it when we were teenagers and I hated every second of it to be honest, I really felt like we didn't even have a Christmas that year. I know this won't be the same for everyone but for me I'm a real homebody and Christmas is only really Christmas at home. x

I've been away over the Christmas holidays but never on Christmas day itself. I've gone over to Christmas markets and they were lovely.

We went to Disneyworld in Florida one year for Christmas when I was growing up, and I will never forget it:) It was absolutely magical, the Christmas decorations all over the park, the Christmas themed parades, etc. I absolutely LOVED it, and it was totally worth it. It would be hard to not see all of your family, but it is definitely an amazing experience that time of the year. I've been many times, and they don't compare to Disney at Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->