Would you keep the computer on all night?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
I'm downloading sims 3 but want to go to bed :(! Do you think I can leave it on overnight or is it too risky?

I left mine on lastnight for the 1st time ever and it was fine

Yeah leave it on all night. it is actually healthier for a computer to be left on constantly than to be turned on and off a lot. :)

I've left my laptop on all night before, but I made sure there was good air circulation around the fan so it didn't blow up :haha:

i've left mine on before all night, it should be fine! xxxx

Yea we have left ours on before when OH has fallen asleep or downloading other stuff.

Nice ticker blah :happydance:

i'm paranoid bout fires cos my mums friends house burnt down cos her sons laptop went on fire whilst he was making toast :dohh:

k il leave it on :D

That wouldn't happen with a laptop/pc that had proper ventilation. Just make sure if its a laptop it has the lid open and if its a pc its not pushed against any walls or anything

^ They think it caused a fuse problem when he turned the toaster on :eek: How scary is that?!

:( There must have been a pre existing problem with the fuses tho surely? They don't just randomly set alight!

I hope. :lol:

wow thats crazy about the fire, but like the other ladies said as long as there is proper ventilation around it it should be fine we used to leave ours on when i lived at home

well i forgot to shut ours down properly and it was running in the morning but very very hot.

I downloaded sims 3 the other day and only managed to play it for about an hour before the laptop overheated and shut down. Its a very power / memory hungry game! :o

Yeah leave it on all night. it is actually healthier for a computer to be left on constantly than to be turned on and off a lot. :)

Is it? Never knew that. Why is that then? I have to turn all our stuff like that off, the electrical whine drives me crazy!!

We do, all the time. Never had a problem. Just keep the vents clear of anything, as everyone else has said :)

All the time. It's a laptop which sits on a raised stand which has USB fans so it's fine x

Mine has been let on lots of times, by accident !! lol

My netbook is always on and once upon a time my pc was never turned off and they were always fine. One time won't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->