• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you let a newborn cry it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm failing to understand WHY exactly I need to repeat myself that I don't think its okay when I have already done so in the first place? If I've already stated I don't think its okay, why do I need to "call someone out on it"? In fact, pretty much the majority of the posters on this thread have all stated its not okay to do with a newborn. I am not getting why we need to go over that again just because one person thought it was okay. That doesn't change my answer. I still don't think its okay in a newborn.

I guess in my eyes, allowing someone to say something like that without challenging the idea is to support the idea itself. If you really believe that sleep training is done when it's for the good of the child, how can you just passively let someone proclaim that it does no harm to let newborns cio?
As an unrelated example to illustrate my point, if someone came on here and said "yeah, I bedshared with my newborn and gave them a pillow and my comforter and drank some alcohol beforehand and everything turned out fine. It's not dangerous at all.", as another bedsharer I would feel obligated to say "Hey, that's really not okay and it reflects poorly on bedsharing as a practice and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't spread such potentially damaging information among others who might be considering bedsharing." I wouldn't just keep my trap shut about it.

I know that most likely the rudeness of MommyJogger will be ignored and the other people will be banned or given infractions. The hypocrisy on this forum is ridiculous.

I know that most likely the rudeness of MommyJogger will be ignored and the other people will be banned or given infractions. The hypocrisy on this forum is ridiculous.

Find a new forum more suited to your need then. There are many about.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter how bothered any of us are by this. People will continue to do what they think is best for their kids no matter what.

I think parenting has come a long way since the 1950's, in ways good and bad.

It's useless to argue with people who are absolutely certain that they know the best way for EVERYONE.

I love my child with all my heart. I do what's best for her and me. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else does with theirs. As long as they're fed, clothed and happy.

MommyJogger, you especially need to.........

GO GET FUCKED

Well that escalated quickly. Nothing like a personally addressed "get fucked" to make you feel like a special snowflake.

So this forum is only for rude people then? Or, is it only for attachment parenting devotees?

I'm sure I'm not as special as your special snowflake is. Especially since you've written the definitive book on being a super sanctimommy.

I love my child with all my heart. I do what's best for her and me. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else does with theirs. As long as they're fed, clothed and happy.

MommyJogger, you especially need to.........

GO GET FUCKED

Well that escalated quickly. Nothing like a personally addressed "get fucked" to make you feel like a special snowflake.

I actually LOL at that

I guess I'm failing to understand WHY exactly I need to repeat myself that I don't think its okay when I have already done so in the first place? If I've already stated I don't think its okay, why do I need to "call someone out on it"? In fact, pretty much the majority of the posters on this thread have all stated its not okay to do with a newborn. I am not getting why we need to go over that again just because one person thought it was okay. That doesn't change my answer. I still don't think its okay in a newborn.

I guess in my eyes, allowing someone to say something like that without challenging the idea is to support the idea itself. If you really believe that sleep training is done when it's for the good of the child, how can you just passively let someone proclaim that it does no harm to let newborns cio?
As an unrelated example to illustrate my point, if someone came on here and said "yeah, I bedshared with my newborn and gave them a pillow and my comforter and drank some alcohol beforehand and everything turned out fine. It's not dangerous at all.", as another bedsharer I would feel obligated to say "Hey, that's really not okay and it reflects poorly on bedsharing as a practice and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't spread such potentially damaging information among others who might be considering bedsharing." I wouldn't just keep my trap shut about it.

I feel like you're getting hung-up on something just to continue the argument. All but one person in this thread has said "IT'S NOT OKAY TO LET A NEWBORN CIO" but because no one jumped all over the one person that didn't say exactly that, you've somehow got it in your head that we all support CIO for newborns??

Twisted.

You all should start a new thread for "Sanctimonious non sleep trainers"

And keep eating kit kats, forget about the evil Nestle.

If you don't like sleep training stay out of sleep training threads. It's a free world.

The BnB is so shit but I'm obsessed crew :sleep: those even suspected of harbouring previously banned members will be banned... The information and activity logs are pretty good on BnB.

Anyway onwards but there are a couple of active members who need to calm down QUICKLY too, this thread is being watched and accounts are at risk.

What are you referring to here?
The site created by the task force people-- the one we all got a message for inviting us to join.

Why is it so important what other people do with their children? Isn't looking after your own children a job enough?

I find it funny that people can spend the entire day arguing useless points on BnB, while insinuating that they're better parents.....what is YOUR lo doing when you're on the computer all the time?
Some people actually care about children in general and not just our own kids.
My child is in daycare. I'm at work. The nature of my work at the moment (and has been for a while now because of how some experiments worked out) requires the setting up of very long-term experiments and then a lot of wait time, some of which I spend here. If I can count on the wait time being long enough (I usually have to watch it), I go play with and nurse my son.

Seems you have more free time than most to lurk. I suggest you don't reference other forums on this thread.

I think you're confusing having a photographic memory with 'lurking'. I can't help it when people maintain avatars for a while and I happen to see a lot of their posts and connect the dots. :shrug:
And your strawmen still don't excuse you for advocating newborn cio and proclaiming that it does no harm.

Sorry, please reference where I advocated newborn CIO. I have never advocated CIO, yet I haven't criticised it either. No, it isn't a method that should be employed with newborns, but I do recognise that, for parents with older babies, desperate times call for desperate measures; I'm lucky enough to have a fairly decent sleeper, but I'm not arrogant enough to 'never say never'. Parenting should be fluid - sticking to one set of principles is closed minded and beneficial to no one.

I personally wouldn't leave my newborn to cry but I know people who have and you know what? No adverse effects.
You advised here that cio in a newborn results in no adverse effects. When I pointed out that your anecdotal data and poor logic were flawed, you said it was "boring" and "misleading", I believe.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. You have your husband's balls in your purse.

I'm sure I'm not as special as your special snowflake is. Especially since you've written the definitive book on being a super sanctimommy.

I really can't resist making fun of myself a little here, and because I know she's probably still reading this anyway:

1. Bitches don't make a purse big enough for that.
2. Didn't you know there's a scientific consensus that my snowflake is more special than yours? Do your research!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back