Would you let a newborn cry it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no "mommy wars" if it wasn't for cruel and judgmental people like those here on the forums.

Why don't you worry about your own child and free yourself from the burden of saving every other child from even uttering a cry?

Good luck with your future spoiled brat, who will probably come into your bedroom 5 times a night because they can't sleep on their own.

Did you know that there's a link between extended cosleeping and divorce??
Adults can take care of themselves. If we were trapping crying helpless adults in caged beds against their wills, I'd be vocally against that, too.
Ah, the "responding to a child's needs results in a spoiled brat" argument. That one's a keeper. My children are welcome in my bedroom any time and will move out when they feel ready. I wouldn't have married my husband in the first place if he were selfish enough to put his own wants or comfort before that of our children.

And just to defend someone who is not here to do it themselves - the reason she was held in such high reverence was and is because of her ability to look at and analyse points and research objectivity. She has never had an agenda. This is rare IMO.

Since she is no longer a member here, I feel comfortable saying that despite her general kindness, that girl was a rare idiot. She certainly looked into how to perform sleep training-- but she has neither the background nor the mental capability to critically evaluate the research. A degree in sociology (was that it?) doesn't exactly prepare you to dismantle statistics and methods of psychobiology research-- if she even bothered reading it.

wow. Guess we should all expect to be called idiots behind our backs if we ever leave BnB, since not agreeing with you clearly makes us idiots. This is completely uncalled for. Especially given that you just a few posts back said you don't bash people, just the methods they use. This is clearly people bashing, in case you weren't aware.

There would be no "mommy wars" if it wasn't for cruel and judgmental people like those here on the forums.

Why don't you worry about your own child and free yourself from the burden of saving every other child from even uttering a cry?

Good luck with your future spoiled brat, who will probably come into your bedroom 5 times a night because they can't sleep on their own.

Did you know that there's a link between extended cosleeping and divorce??

Could you get any ruder??

My children are not sleep trained, they are also not brats and they do not come into my room 5 times a night.

They learn how to self settle in their own time not mine.

We are supposed to respond to our children, if we didnt the human race would have died out a long time ago.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. You have your husband's balls in your purse.

They're not old enough to know yet if they're spoiled brats. Just wait until they have to enter society and think the entire world revolves around them.

Then you might see.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. You have your husband's balls in your purse.

I'd be pretty pissed with my husband if he wanted to leave my kids to cry.

I actually found him last week holding Fox while he peed and you know what that made me love him that little bit more because he wasnt willing to leave our son to cry alone (it was also fairly amusing)

You feel comfortable calling someone an idiot because they're not here to defend themselves?

What a coward.

I'll assume that a ban shortly follows this post, but while I'm still here I'll have the balls to say this to your face...

MommyJogger, your agenda takes priority over helping anyone. It is abundantly clear that you do not give a shit about helping anyone or offering any empathy. Your main concern is being right. Spew as much shit as you want about having the super impressive mental capability to analyze journal articles (you're not the only person able to do so, by the way), but you are an overbearing, judgmental asshole. It makes me fucking sick that people like you are allowed to parade around on a SUPPORT forum while making a bunch of people feel like shit.

I feel comfortable because it's against the rules to say that about members. Not because she isn't here to defend herself. I'm not so sure about that one anyway. Are they still making puppet accounts to gang up on people?
Feel how you want about me. I never asked you to like me and I never pretended I wasn't a judgmental asshole. At least I'm honest about it. :coffee:
I actually do give a shit about helping people, though. I'm simply not going to sit by quietly like a lot of other people while a member here states that it's okay to cio on a newborn and that it does no harm to them. Because, you remember, that just happened. And I still see no pro-sleep trainers calling her out on it.
PS. if you wanted to avoid the possible ban, feel free to delete that and just message it to me if that still helps you express your frustration.

Extreme AP'ers live in an echo chamber. just like the anti vax, anti circ crowd. You just repeat your buzzwords and "research" to pat each other on the back. It's a pretty awesome circle jerk.

They're not old enough to know yet if they're spoiled brats. Just wait until they have to enter society and think the entire world revolves around them.

Then you might see.

My children are well aware of that already thank you.

So if you can say that children who are not left to CIO are spoilt brats can i say that children who are end up nervous, insecure and dont trust their adults?

(i dont think those things are true but im sure if i did you would have issue with it)

I actually found him last week holding Fox while he peed and you know what that made me love him that little bit more because he wasnt willing to leave our son to cry alone (it was also fairly amusing)

That's really cute! :)

I've held my LO plenty of times when I went to the bathroom, and tried to eat meals, never taking a minute for myself. But that's my choice. I don't force it on others. Mind your own fucking business and get a life, ladies.

you call me rude, when MommyJogger is the one being the absolute rudest here. Not to mention the umpteen other posts where she basically accuses everyone except herself of being a shitty parent.

oh wow

i love my babies, they cry, they want me, they get me

Extreme AP'ers live in an echo chamber. just like the anti vax, anti circ crowd. You just repeat your buzzwords and "research" to pat each other on the back. It's a pretty awesome circle jerk.

The pro vac, pro circ, pro leaving infants to cry themselves to sleep groups do the same damn thing, so don't even pretend they dont!

whilst you suggesting her kids and mine will be spoilt brats is completely ok???

I have never left my daughter to cry, not even for one minute.

But that is what I do. Not what everyone else does. And to be honest I am so busy being her parent, that I don't have time to parent everyone else's kids. Guess that makes me the asshole, right??

i LOVE that

Not knowing how to sleep isn't the only reason kids will be spoiled brats.

the so called "gentle parenting" is really " do whatever you want because I'm too much of a chickenshit to see you unhappy" parenting.

You feel comfortable calling someone an idiot because they're not here to defend themselves?

What a coward.

I'll assume that a ban shortly follows this post, but while I'm still here I'll have the balls to say this to your face...

MommyJogger, your agenda takes priority over helping anyone. It is abundantly clear that you do not give a shit about helping anyone or offering any empathy. Your main concern is being right. Spew as much shit as you want about having the super impressive mental capability to analyze journal articles (you're not the only person able to do so, by the way), but you are an overbearing, judgmental asshole. It makes me fucking sick that people like you are allowed to parade around on a SUPPORT forum while making a bunch of people feel like shit.

I feel comfortable because it's against the rules to say that about members. Not because she isn't here to defend herself. I'm not so sure about that one anyway. Are they still making puppet accounts to gang up on people?
Feel how you want about me. I never asked you to like me and I never pretended I wasn't a judgmental asshole. At least I'm honest about it. :coffee:
I actually do give a shit about helping people, though. I'm simply not going to sit by quietly like a lot of other people while a member here states that it's okay to cio on a newborn and that it does no harm to them. Because, you remember, that just happened. And I still see no pro-sleep trainers calling her out on it.

I guess I'm failing to understand WHY exactly I need to repeat myself that I don't think its okay when I have already done so in the first place? If I've already stated I don't think its okay, why do I need to "call someone out on it"? In fact, pretty much the majority of the posters on this thread have all stated its not okay to do with a newborn. I am not getting why we need to go over that again just because one person thought it was okay. That doesn't change my answer. I still don't think its okay in a newborn.

Who was it that actually said it was ok to let a newborn CIO? I must have missed it, but no I certainly don't agree with it. I do think though that if you have to let them cry for ten seconds while you pee, or take a breather, theres nothing wrong with that at all, that isn't cruel or damaging in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"