Would you pay for a scan or am I being silly???

jess_smurf

Angel Kristian & Olivia
Reaction score
Hi

sort of missing seeing him and has been so long since 20 week scan. A company that travels to hotel in manchester will do a 2d scan, 2 pictures in black and white and will try a 3d/4d scan if they can for £60.

I am not sure if I should ? Just really wanted to check how he is, not that there is anything to worry about I just feel like I want to check on him.

but don't know what to do :-(

help x x

Lots of people pay for private scans. I did with my last. Paid £130 for a 3d dvd and some pictures xxx

I thought it wasnt a bad deal @ £60 for 15 mins check up. I just want to know he is still ok.

Think should be more routine scans on NHS - doubt that will happen though

I was contemplating getting a 3d or even 4d scan, even though previously I had been against getting one myself. However, I have found out I have left it too late to get a further private scan at the place I got my sex scan. They won't scan you past 34 wks.

Oh well, I don't really have the ££ for it anyway.

Cx

at the end ofthe day you are only going to get the 1 chance to have a scan done at that time in this pregnancy. go for it, better to have it and think hmmm wasn't what i thought it would be than to wonder for the rest of your life what kind of picture you would have to look over.

xXx

I am 30 weeks on monday so would need to book before 32 weeks

OMG don't know what to do :) x x

Personally, I don't think they're worth the money (the 4d scans).. but at £60 that could be tempting...!

I can't really say what I'd do as I've had about 7 or 8 scans. If I'd only had the two, I'd probably be just as anxious as you.

Could you honestly afford it? If so, then I'd say go for it because you obviously want it xx

Suppose i'm the lucky one getting scans at 28 weeks and 34 on the NHS along with the 12 week and 20 week scans i've already had

we did, i had my 20wk scan then a private one at 27wk ......... ive got nhs ones at 32wk and 36wk aswell but still wanted to see him :D

id say go for it ! price is good aswell x

they can't guarentee 3d/4d they will try but if he is facing other way not much can be done just would be happy with black and white 2d one mmmm.

for nayone in liverpool / manchester or willing to travel

https://www.beforethestork.info/packages.html

I had a scan at 10w3d to confirm due date, then one at 13w3d as part of Integrated Prenatal Screening, then one at 20w4d, then our private 4D scan at 27w4d which I paid $200 CDN for (included a heartbeat stuffed bear that carries a recording of the actual baby's heartbeat) and then one final scan at 34w2d to determine if the embilico cord was still around the baby's neck as it was discovered at private scan. (It's not)

I have the 75 pictures and the heartbeat bear from my private scan that I cherish. It's my first baby and it's definitely something I would reccommend. There is nothing like seeing the true picture of your unborn baby in the womb. The facial expressions, the movements... it's worth the money!!!

My thoughts anyways

You're NOT being silly, don't even think that! :)

I paid $175 for our 3D ones.... it was totally worth it.

Even if they can't guarantee the 3d pics, it's still nice to see it in the 2d!

Go for it, if you want it.... DO IT! :)

xx

ok

have emailed them for more info :)

i have emailed OH to see if he wants to go but no reply yet. Shall book with out him if i have to !!

thanks x x

i only had the 2 scans, so wanted a 3d one but they cost over £100, OH said he would rather spend the money on the baby

well solved that one then

the company have nothing booked in for manchester over the next 4 weeks so won't come to manchester for just me

boooo!! :-( oh well , wanted to go withthis company as they were cheapest don't want to pay more than £60

call it fate !! lol

I agree with Kirsty - I would rather spend the money on the baby.

£60 doesn't sound bad at all, though - if it isn't much to you, then why not?

i only had the 2 scans, so wanted a 3d one but they cost over £100, OH said he would rather spend the money on the baby

this one is only £60 in liverpool see link about I personally would not pay any more :)

I paid for a private 3D scan for my DH birthday present.

The only peice of advice I can say is: Don't tell your father in law about it if he might think that excessive scans cause abnormalities (which it doesn't!!!) It caused a fight between myself and the FIL. (but it's water under the bridge now.)

Hi I had one done at a hotel in Preston by a company called before the stork!!!
They are brill I would love to have another.....:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->