Would you reheat chinese food

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Rice dish? Heard lots of things about how dodgy it is.. Sure of you do it properly it's ok??

I really fancy last nights left overs :wacko:

Yeah I do all the time. I make sure it's put in the fridge overnight then just nuke it in the microwave :thumbup:

No I wouldn't. If the rice wasn't cooled/stored properly (and it has probably already been heated more than once) there is a real risk of food poisoning.

You're not supposed to reheat rice, I eat all kinds but I wouldn't.

I always do....no problems so far;)

There has been many a time in the old days where I had reheated Chinese food for breakfast with no ill effects :haha: Pretty sure I might have just got lucky......

Huh. I'd never heard anything about reheating rice specifically. I do it all the time.

I quite often leave my rice out on the side in the container then eat it cold it the morning :haha: never did me any harm

I know that rice is meant to be really bad to reheat but Chinese leftovers the next day are just so good I have often taken the risk in the past!

i always do it! I leave it cool properly then fridge it overnight and nuke it in the micro the next day because in my head that kills all bacteria! :)

My mum used to do it all the time. Always made sure it was cold, and refrigerated first and made sure it was reheated thoroughly

I wouldn't heat rice up personally again. But any other chinese bits of food I would xx

You shouldnt reheat rice. It can give you really bad food poisoning and is not removed by thorough reheating. The cause is not reheating that gives food poisoning but rather the way the rice has been kept previously.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/Can-re...oisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51&SubCategoryID=215

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->