Would you reheat chinese food

I wouldn't.

But that's only because I got hit with food poisoning a few years ago and have become OCD with food.

Reheating rice is not the problem, cooling it is. If you plan to eat left-over rice it should be cooled and put in the fridge as soon as possible, because otherwise it produces toxins which cannot be destroyed by heat.

I do! I wait for it too cool, drop it in the fridge and reheat th next day.

The problem with take away rice is that it may have already been reheated and reheating it again is not advised. Saying that, loads on here seem to eat it and be fine. Sometimes I wonder what the actual likelihood of getting food poisoning is from this is as my gran reheated rice for us for many years and we never fell ill as children.

I got very badly poisoned by not even leftover takeaway rice, it was supposed to be fresh but we found out the hard way it wasn't. Trust me it's not an experience I'd wish on anyone. Having said that I do reheat rice from this one Chinese place but that's only because we know that they cook it fresh there and then and are very scrupulous. Don't do it often though and if having takeaway tend to order more breads (if Indian or Turkish food) and noodles (if Chinese food) so there isn't any ride leftover xx

I always reheat leftovers. I won't eat them after 1-2 days though.

Yuk, I would never eat take out the next day. I am quite fussy though, if it isn't eaten at the time it's binned, but that's the same for every meal

I tend to rehear anything that's left over or freeze

I never usually reheat take out

Yuk, I would never eat take out the next day. I am quite fussy though, if it isn't eaten at the time it's binned, but that's the same for every meal

I actually prefer cold takeout pizza for breakfast the next day more than I do when it's fresh and hot :haha:

I don't reheat takeaway rice cos I don't know if it's been reheated already and because you need to cool it quickly to avoid fungal toxins which heating in a microwave won't destroy. The only rice I reheat is when I make my own risotto and know its been made fresh and cooled quickly.

Cold left over takeout pizza though is yummy next morning!

I do it...I love re heated rice and curry :blush: I just pop it in the fridge promptly then nuke it in the microwave when I'm hungry :D

I wouldnt reheat takeaway anything

I don't see any reason not to as long as it's been stored properly. If it was left out on the counter then no but refrigerated and reheated shouldn't be an issue. I've had it plenty if times.

I just reheated our Chicken fried rice from last night... Was delicious :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->