Would you reheat chinese food

Speaking of chinese what do you have

I'm so dull

Chicken fried rice
Curry sauce
Sometimes fried onions
Sometimes have a few chips with it

Quite like chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce but never have it as would feel too guilty

Always look at the menu and order the same old every time

You shouldnt reheat rice. It can give you really bad food poisoning and is not removed by thorough reheating. The cause is not reheating that gives food poisoning but rather the way the rice has been kept previously.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/Can-re...oisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51&SubCategoryID=215

I candefinitely agree with this! A few years ago a local Chinese was fined by environmental health as customers, myself included, suffered food.poisoning. it was utterly horrendous and not an experience I would want anyone to go through.

The bacteria in rice is also present in pasta and potatoes, so if you'd reheat potatoes and pasta, I don't see why you wouldn't reheat rice. Just keep it in the fridge rather than leaving it out on the side.

The bacteria in rice is also present in pasta and potatoes, so if you'd reheat potatoes and pasta, I don't see why you wouldn't reheat rice. Just keep it in the fridge rather than leaving it out on the side.

As far as im aware, pasta and potatoes are fine to reheat and i have never heard that they are like rice. I have reheated pasta all my life, for my children too and have never ever felt ill after it. On the nhs website it is only rice and grains that are of concern:

Rice and grains, such as couscous and bulgur wheat, can be eaten hot or cold and in salads.
There are a few precautions you should take when storing and reheating cooked rice and grains. This is because the spores of some food poisoning bugs can survive cooking.
If cooked rice or grains are left standing at room temperature, the spores can germinate. The bacteria multiply and produce toxins that can cause vomiting and diarrhoea. Reheating food won't get rid of the toxins.

As far as im aware, pasta and potatoes are fine to reheat and i have never heard that they are like rice. I have reheated pasta all my life, for my children too and have never ever felt ill after it. On the nhs website it is only rice and grains that are of concern:

Rice and grains, such as couscous and bulgur wheat, can be eaten hot or cold and in salads.
There are a few precautions you should take when storing and reheating cooked rice and grains. This is because the spores of some food poisoning bugs can survive cooking.
If cooked rice or grains are left standing at room temperature, the spores can germinate. The bacteria multiply and produce toxins that can cause vomiting and diarrhoea. Reheating food won't get rid of the toxins.
That can happen with ANY food. Don't know why they would single out rice. Follow good food handling and either keep it steaming hot or cold right away.

That can happen with ANY food. Don't know why they would single out rice. Follow good food handling and either keep it steaming hot or cold right away.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why they single out rice. I have to say, its always been rice as far as im aware. Maybe someone on here knows why rice seems to be bad? Maybe its something particularly within it? Its true that you can certainly get food poisoning with any food if its not kept properly or heated correctly or reheated many times.

I have done it in the past. I don't think it would hurt...

Speaking of chinese what do you have

I'm so dull

Chicken fried rice
Curry sauce
Sometimes fried onions
Sometimes have a few chips with it

Quite like chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce but never have it as would feel too guilty

Always look at the menu and order the same old every time

I worked at one for ages and my favourite, fussy eater-proof dishes are:

OK chicken
Singapore noodles
Seaweed
Mini vegetable spring rolls
Sweet and sour chicken
Mushroom chow mein
Mushroom foo yung
Mushroom fried rice (best mixed with seaweed :thumbup: )

And OP yes I always reheat. Om.

That can happen with ANY food. Don't know why they would single out rice. Follow good food handling and either keep it steaming hot or cold right away.

I dont know why they single out rice. I have to say, its always been rice as far as im aware. Maybe someone on here knows why rice seems to be bad? Maybe its something particularly within it? Its true that you can certainly get food poisoning with any food if its not kept properly or heated correctly or reheated many times.[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a specific fungus that could grow on warm rice that is then not killed by reheating :shrug:

I cool risottos by putting the rice in an open bowl and stirring it round. Then get in into the fridge within 30 mins of finishing cooking it.

I always order salt and pepper chicken with boiled rice. It's amazing with noodles too but tooooo greasy.

i looked up the rice thing years ago when someone told us not to do it, i think it was also on a episode of CSI or other crime drama lol. I don't remember the answer but i remember it was something to do with spores and bacteria that was already on it, and it doesn't matter if it's from the takeaway or the supermarket, it either has it or it doesn't. I wonder if it's more dangerous depending on where in the world the rice field is? Like how we (england)are less likely to get sick from eggs than some other parts of the world because of the vacinations they give the chickens.

anyway, i've been reheating pork fried rice for years and i'm still typing lol also i reheat rice when i have it for lunch from leftover curry/mexican/indian food i've home made. We had friends from Indonesia that ate 90% rice made in their rice cooker and constantly reheated it when needing for their next meal. Most of the best recipes for homemade fried rice tell you to use old rice... so i would hope the chances of poisening are less riskier than other foods. (

Uncooked rice can contain bacillus cereus spores. If not cooled and stored properly it can create toxins that are not removed by reheating. Although I might reheat rice cooked at home (never had the need so far), I would never reheat takeaway rice. You just never know how many times it has been heated, or possibly left to sit on the side for hours!

My husband said in India they cook it in the morning and leave it out all day and eat it that night so it can't be all that unsafe.

I'll reheat most things, except chicken, the taste when not fresh is vile.

You learn a new thing everyday :munch:

On the very rare occasion that there is leftover Chinese (mmm crispy black pepper chicken and rice.....) then I have been known to reheat it, although I'm more likely to munch on it cold!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->