Would you trust the h1n1 shot after this...

dannyboygirl

Mom to Baby Cubz
Reaction score
I saw this and it made it definitely no on top of no...What are your opinions about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKjX78iS7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URHhyP4lmQ4

That is so horrible.:growlmad:Prayers to her and her family..:hugs:

There are some risks to vaccines. They are usually 1:100,000 though.
If everyone avoided vaccines because of this concern, thousands of people would die each year.

Worse yet... what if you didn't get the vaccine, caught the sickness... survived but gave it to someone who died from it?
Thats my opinion though! :)

I've just posted on another thread about the horrific things that go into the vaccines, like foetus and animal cells... Not something I want in my body!

Can you provide a link to where you heard that those cells go in the vaccines? I'm happy to educate myself but I'm just so tired of all the misinformation and scare tactics out there trying to keep people from vaccinating!

If swallowing a human hair (something most people find gross) could prevent a disease that could kill you or your children, would you do it?

I think it's definitly important to weigh the benefits against the risks when it comes to vaccines... Natural immunity is always better in my opinion but I do believe there are some instances where individuals at high risk can benefit from immunizations like H1N1...

Like many other things in medicine, I think people should be treated on an individual bases and not pressured into mass movements.

I think it's definitly important to weigh the benefits against the risks when it comes to vaccines... Natural immunity is always better in my opinion but I do believe there are some instances where individuals at high risk can benefit from immunizations like H1N1...

Like many other things in medicine, I think people should be treated on an individual bases and not pressured into mass movements.

Very good point.
I do think when doing your research, you need to review information from both sides and check their sources.
When an anti-vaccine website has 1 source from a study done 15 years ago that was not well-accepted as scientifically sound and has been disproven since by 10 other scientific studies... well, you need to know that when making your decision.

Also, when hearing a particual ingredient is bad, research which vaccines its in and how much is in there, then research the ingredient on its own to see how much is bad.

I think one thing people SHOULD be more aware of is the risks of giving too many vaccines at once. Some just react badly together in some people and there is minimal risk in spacing them out a little.

If everyone avoided vaccines because of this concern, thousands of people would die each year.

Worse yet... what if you didn't get the vaccine, caught the sickness... survived but gave it to someone who died from it?

You are a breathe of air every time you write something:hug: always looking from both sides:thumbup:great work..:flower:

You are a breathe of air every time you write something:hug: always looking from both sides:thumbup:great work..:flower:

Thanks!! I just get so mad when I hear that somebody's 10 month old baby died (too young to get the particular vaccine) because someone else chose not to vaccinate their 5 year old child and took them out of the country on a vacation... they come back sick... get other children sick... next thing you know people who had no choice yet to vaccinate lose their child because of what someone else chose.

I think everyone has a right to make this decision themselves, just that most make it out of fear or based off of bogus research, or only think that their own child is unlikely to die from it as they are old enough and don't think of how it affects others.

https://www.docstoc.com/docs/13516797/H1N1-Vaccine-Ingredients

I can't find where I read it I think it was a note on facebook one of my friends wrote but this link lists some of the nasties. x

https://www.docstoc.com/docs/13516797/H1N1-Vaccine-Ingredients

I can't find where I read it I think it was a note on facebook one of my friends wrote but this link lists some of the nasties. x

Thanks Gemie we must protect our families..I love the basic vaccines but the new ones make me queasy..:coffee:

I've still no idea what to do... I kinda feel damned if I do, damned if I don't :shrug:

I've still no idea what to do... I kinda feel damned if I do, damned if I don't :shrug:

Its tough, its really only your choice.
I just operate off of what I know... I know there is a risk to myself/the baby if I get the flu... I don't know if its its safe, but I also don't know that its unsafe. I weighed that information and decided I'm going to get it when its offered.

Not everything in life is known, there is always some risk, you just have to pick which risk feels safer to you.

I think it's a personal choice. Also read a week ago that the H1N1 has been banned in Finland as it causes Narcolepsy (amongst other things).

Only in the past few years have I been following up on vaccines, natural foods, GM foods and affects, etc.

Surely, my baby will not be getting the MMR (measles, mumps and ruebella) vaccine. My older brother, when he was young, reacted very badly to it for more than a week and mum didn't allow him to get his booster shot and I didn't get the MMR either. I'm grateful about mum's decision. I wouldn't want my baby to go through what my brother did. Thankfully, it didn't cause him mental disorders.

I also suspect my neice who has multiple mental problems, got all that when she received the vaccines. All was fine until those injections got to her.

I've never had the H1N1 vaccine and I have a form of Narcolepsy (no family history of it).
I know one person who had a bad reaction to a vaccine but it was a verified, documented possible reaction. Nobody else I know knows anyone who had a reaction.

They have changed some things about vaccines in the past decades, might be worth researching again?

Yes, I agree with you that there have been some changes in vaccines in the past decade, which is removing Mercury from it as a preservative. Mercury is literally a poison when injected in the human body, and accumulates throughout life. Most big pharmas no longer use Mercury but do watch out, some still may use it.

I think its a personal choice too.

My mom, my husband and I got the H1N1 shots last year in October because my dad has Emphysema and would have been in bad shape if he were to catch it.

I dont think we would have vaccinated otherwise, or maybe we would have lol it was free and offered at work early on in the year (because we work with children and families)

Personal decision I suppose *shrug*

I will still get the vaccine. I got it last year with no issues, not that removes that risk at all. I am very prone to respiratory infections and was considered in the high risk group to be one of the first people to get the vaccine last time around.

The risks if I do get sick are greater. It always goes straight to my chest and I am home doing aerosol treatments around the clock or I can't breathe.

Benefit vs. Risk.

I wont be having it. OH and I got the H1N1 flu last year and we were in bed for a day. The next day we were up and feeling much better but didn't want to pass it on to other people so stayed back. The risk of getting it again is low for me because I am not prone to it and it isn't prevalent in my area so the risk of the vaccine outweighs the risk of not having it but if the risk didn't outweigh it, I would consider it. What I mean is, MIL has diabetes and also doesn't look after herself very well which causes her to be very sick and if she were to contact it, she would be in bed for weeks. She decided that the benefit outweighed the risk so she got it and even though [I think] her immunity could be strengthened with healthier eating and exercise, her diabetes could have been enough of a risk.

I know that where I live, the vaccination was not tested on pregnant women though they were the first to have it recommended to them which may not have been the greatest idea. It is still new and could probably do with a bit more research as it was quite rushed. No one can judge you for making a decision either way because you are researching into it for yourself and I think that more people should do it rather than making a blind choice. I love informed choices, even if they go against what I choose. Having conversations with people who decided to vaccinate for certain things that I haven't are much more interesting with people who know what they are talking about than those who don't.

I think it's a personal choice. Also read a week ago that the H1N1 has been banned in Finland as it causes Narcolepsy (amongst other things).

Only in the past few years have I been following up on vaccines, natural foods, GM foods and affects, etc.

Surely, my baby will not be getting the MMR (measles, mumps and ruebella) vaccine. My older brother, when he was young, reacted very badly to it for more than a week and mum didn't allow him to get his booster shot and I didn't get the MMR either. I'm grateful about mum's decision. I wouldn't want my baby to go through what my brother did. Thankfully, it didn't cause him mental disorders.

I also suspect my neice who has multiple mental problems, got all that when she received the vaccines. All was fine until those injections got to her.

Can I just point out that the alleged link between MMR and mental disorders has been disproven? I know vaccinations can be scary, especially if sometimes you end up feeling sick after one and with the thousands of scare stories around. But the point is they are important in protecting everyone, the person who receives them and those around them. Infant mortality now is much much lower than it was 100 years ago and this is due largely to the wider availability of vaccinations. So especially with the old and tested ones (like MMR), I won't hesitate to have my children receive them. I'd much rather they were feeling poorly for a week than risk them having or passing on a serious illness like mumps, which may leave them infertile or even kill someone else who is vulnerable.
Having said that, I don't know how I feel about newer (=less tested) vaccinations in pregnancy. I was trying to get the h1n1 jab before getting pregnant (no worries there for me) but was refused. I eventually gave up though having realised that by next flu season the virus would have probably mutated and my last jab wouldn't have protected me anyway. But now I don't know what to do. I'm reluctant to accept a vaccine while pregnant, even if it's not a live one. I guess I will do more research into the actual risk of contracting it nearer the flu season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->