Wrapping themes 2017!

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
I feel like I made this thread last year but I love seeing/hearing about how you’re all wrapping your presents this year.

I have great fun wrapping presents but always struggle thinking of what I should do.

If you don’t have a theme in particular, what wrapping paper are you using? Where are you getting it from? Do you have a favourite place?

My first grotto thread of 2017 :xmas6: :xmas9: :xmas23:

I got all of mine on after Christmas sale last year. I got two rolls of coordinating vintage Mickey mouse print and a red and white polka dot that matched.

Im ashamed to say, i bought about 12 rolls in sainsburys last year but dont remember what they look like. I dont even know where they are. Muggt have to have a rummage in my bedroom once kids are asleep to see if i can find them. Im quite sure OH will leave me if i try to buy any paper this year , so i will be using that up, and trying to create a theme with what i have.

DCS bit about OH actually made me LOL.

Our fellas just don't get it do they :dohh::haha:

Xx

I never do a theme, I just buy whatever rolls I think look nice! Card factory is good, also primark have some really nice ones for grown ups. Year before last I got really good Disney ones in Poundland for the kids! But mostly I just buy whatever, but I guess my theme (which is really just my colour preference!) is for red colours, so whatever I buy it's usually red-based and that makes all the presents together look pretty coordinated.
Last year in primark got a really nice coloured stags on a white background one though, which I used for adults presents.

I like to use red and greens, but not bright, more old fashioned, muted kind. I've got striped, solid, and some printed, but can't remember the prints. I bought it all last year in the after Christmas sales. Santa is wrapped in daughter's favorite character. I'm not crazy about it, but she loves it and it only goes out after she is in bed and then it's gone not long after she wakes up, so I don't have to look at it under my tree LOL As of now, I'll be looking for Paw Patrol.

I'm wrapping the girls in character paper this year. I don't really like it either Scout but they love it . DD1 will probably get My Little Pony or something of that nature . DD2 will get Peppa Pig !

I'm on the hunt for some other paper for adults and my nephews ! Look forward to seeing everyone else's wrapping paper !

There's pikachu wrapping paper in matalan if anyone was looking! Haven't seen Pokemon paper anywhere else.

I don't do themes. I pick out some for the kids in the family then some for the adults.
I'll probably get the pikachu or emoji wrapping paper from Matalan for Alex, and probably something princess for Scarlett.

I don't do themes but have to have coordinating paper, ideally 3 different designs so they can be arranged without matching papers touching under the tree. Last year I struggled to find any but then luckily over brought when I did find it so should have enough this year. For their stockings I wrap each child's presents in different paper and don't label those (sometimes I use character paper for this but I'm usually against character paper as it's not traditional enough)

This year I've also ordered stickers from 'the sticker site' which say ' to ... happy Christmas love from Father Christmas' so this year I won't be labelling them by hand which I totally hated doing, especially as I always buy way too many presents!

I'm making my own, for everybody but both DD's. Spent the other night stamping with OH. Made my own stamps out of eva foam and stuck them on cardboard. Cutting large initials out of old wrapping paper or scrapbook paper for the name, and making little tags to say who it's from.

DD1 - probably christmas pugs
DD2 - peppa or minion or paw patrol or gingerbread
OH - either homemade or pokemon

I usually buy two separate styles for the children so I don't have to label them. Then for family and DH I buy a pack of three rolls that all have similar colour theme. I like woodland themes with bronze and coppers to match my tree lol. Usually buy from studio but not bothering this year. Can't wait to paper shop :)

I'm not really in to character themed wrapping paper, I just really like red and I also like ginger bread men and candy canes

Smartie that sounds amazing, please post pics once you are done. Can't wait to see finished result! Xxx

I always have a theme. Last year I used brown paper and made all the presents look like parcels. I wrote Christmas carol lyrics on in the style of addresses and my labels looked like big stamps in the corner.
It was lots of fun but I like to change it up. This year I want to go rose gold or woodland theme. I'll have to keep my eye out.

I always have a theme. Last year I used brown paper and made all the presents look like parcels. I wrote Christmas carol lyrics on in the style of addresses and my labels looked like big stamps in the corner.
It was lots of fun but I like to change it up. This year I want to go rose gold or woodland theme. I'll have to keep my eye out.

Yours are always beautiful! I like the thought of rose gold and woodland theme too- I’ve seen some woodland-y wrapping paper but I can’t justify £8 on one roll of paper :rofl:

Yours are always beautiful! I like the thought of rose gold and woodland theme too- I’ve seen some woodland-y wrapping paper but I can’t justify £8 on one roll of paper :rofl:

Thank you... it's only because I normally have too much time on my hands. This year I feel like my standards might have to slip :lol:

£8!! I'm waiting on good old Wilkos I think!

I'm desperate to see Wilko paper I wish they'd hurry up.
I'm either going old traditional again or the polar opposite with bright foil wrap. Depends what's about this year.

DCS bit about OH actually made me LOL.

Our fellas just don't get it do they :dohh::haha:

Xx

Glad i could give you a chuckle. If left to him , he would use one paper for everyone, and not bother labeling them.

Oh yes, wilko are great for paper too, forgot about them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->