WRWN ideas help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
After seriously struggling on what to give most of my family this year I've decided to do the 'wear, read, want, need' idea I saw someone mention last year. I only have a small budget though (£25 each) so that works out roughly £5/£6 a present. I've thought of a few but I am struggling on the 'need' ones. I've thought maybe some smellies (maybe a set of the shampoos ect they actually use rather than fancy bubble bath stuff that never gets looked at) or some kind of 'tea' gift set for my big sis/mum as they always say they can't love without tea. What else would you ladies 'need' for around £5/6 that would like to receive as a gift? I'm buying for my mum (50) big sis (30) little sis (25) and little bro (22) Tia x

What about a mug, get some decorate your own ones and get kids to decorate or photo mugs with a special photo to the person

If you're looking at tea stuff, nothingbuttea does some nice teas. Can't remember if they do teabags or just looseleaf, mind, but worth a check. Or some nice jars for storing tea? I've just acquired some empty Douwe Egberts jars from my coffee-fiend uncle, big glass ones with glass lids, and have used glass paints to write "Redbush", "Assam", "Darjeeling", "Peppermint", etc on them. Just for me, 'cuz I have far too many types of tea and was sick of too many boxes in the cupboard, but I love them. You could pair tea or tea jars with Bex's mug idea, depending how cheap you can find them.

Toiletries is a nice idea, if you know what brands they would buy themselves if they could justify/afford it? MIL bought me some Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish last year, and that fitted lovely into the "need" category in that I need a cleanser, but it was a more luxurious one than I would normally justify buying myself.

For need maybe a shower gel from body shop if you know what they like?
I always ask for the satsuma one, I think its about £4. A bit more than I would normally spend so its nice getting some :D

Lip balm, hand cream, coffee, stationery (or is it stationARY? I can never remember which is which! I mean pens and stuff!)

I have a job which means I wash my hands A LOT, so handcream would be a good 'need' for me. Personally, I think that if you are buying everyday essential type things as presents, you should try to get something a little more luxurious than the person would usually buy themselves, although not so much that they wouldn't want to use it! It might just be me overthinking it (I do that) but I would worry that if I got washing products (bath / shower / shampoo etc) under the heading 'need' the recipient would think I was suggesting they need a wash! Especially if it was the stuff they usually use. Also steer clear of anything which says it gets rid of wrinkles or makes you look younger!
Tea / coffee / chocolate could work well, depending upon the person's tastes and fanaticism!
How about essentials for a person's hobby (for example golf tees/balls for a golfer, gardening gloves for a keen gardener, yarn / needles / hooks for a knitter / crocheter, kitchen essentials for someone who likes to cook / bake (nice mixing bowls, measuring cups/ spoons, set of spices etc))

I have a job which means I wash my hands A LOT, so handcream would be a good 'need' for me. Personally, I think that if you are buying everyday essential type things as presents, you should try to get something a little more luxurious than the person would usually buy themselves, although not so much that they wouldn't want to use it! It might just be me overthinking it (I do that) but I would worry that if I got washing products (bath / shower / shampoo etc) under the heading 'need' the recipient would think I was suggesting they need a wash! Especially if it was the stuff they usually use. Also steer clear of anything which says it gets rid of wrinkles or makes you look younger!
Tea / coffee / chocolate could work well, depending upon the person's tastes and fanaticism!
How about essentials for a person's hobby (for example golf tees/balls for a golfer, gardening gloves for a keen gardener, yarn / needles / hooks for a knitter / crocheter, kitchen essentials for someone who likes to cook / bake (nice mixing bowls, measuring cups/ spoons, set of spices etc))

I was looking at Soap & Glory or Lush set for little sister so not their 'usual' ones but something i know they have used before iykwim? Unfortunately none of my family have hobbies (except my big sister draws and knits but she has LOADS of that stuff) which is why i am stuck for present ideas :( Thankyou for the brill ideas though x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"