wtf hcg levels from beta are 10? what does this mean *now with more details*

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
long story, me and OH been TTC for almost 3.5years now, been on clomid and now waiting on IUI, last month i thought i was preg, got faint lines on like 10 tests anyways got beta waited over a week for results during this time period came but phone for results anyways, clerk said not preg and normal this was about 7th september the bloods where taken got my period on the 11th. I went to docs on monday for migraine meds and said i wouldn't start them until my hcg level was zero when i ask her it seems my levels weren't neg they were 10 and should have been repeated last month, not told they were fine and left for over a month!!!!! when was in the doctors i asked what this could be she said she was unsure what this meant that it was too low to mean pregnancy and that she didn't think it was in any way pregnancy related (ruling out chemical, ectopic and miscarriage) said she wanted to redo test to make sure it was nothing else (cancer, menopause or something.....) got repeats done today and nurse was just as useless she done bloods fine but said that there must be something somewhere, and said she hoped HCG was still there i said i wasn't sure what result i wanted and she said "don't you want to be pregnant" of course i do but if don't isn't thinking pregnancy i want either high HCG from this month showing pregnant and last months being human error or my levels now at zero where they belong if i'm not pregnant!

The bloods last month were done at 8-9DPO roughly and since then got period like bleeding a day before my period was due (kinda rare but they are getting more regular) i also got positive on ovulation tests this month at CD15-16 and O sign on my monitor.... done 10imu/ml hpt all been mega faint lines if even only two mega faints and all others bfn....

I am in my 20's but have alot of fertility problems: PCOS, only one tube, backwards uterus and blood attacking condition....

i had an ectopic in feb but my hCG went back down to 2 in march.....

so confused and no idea what this means doctor didn't seem to either.........

HELP!!!!!

any help in this matter would be great any advice or stories too

long story but last month i thought i was preg, got faint lines on like 10 tests anyways got beta waited over a week for results during this time period came but phone for results clerk said not preg and normal. at docs today for migraine meds and said my levels weren't neg they were 10 and should have been repeated last monh? getting repeat tomorrow but what could this al mean bloods were done ABOUT 8/9 dpo

you're right! 10 is definitely not negative...especially at 8/9dpo...what has happend since then? did you get AF? have you repeated a HPT?

cheers,

i got period bleeding day before was due. got pos ov on opk and fertility monitor at cd 15-16 this month now 8dpo apprently getting invisable line on 10mui/ml hpt. so dunno what to think or whats going on doctor didn't either hence why repeating bloods

no my gp said anything less than 20 on beta is classed not pregnant but not getting great lines now on very early hpts and its been a month

Did your Doc give you another test? If I recall, 15 is clinically considered pregnant. Anything between 1 and 15 is to be retested because non-pregnant is zero.

anyone know what the hell could be going on?

lynn- have you got positive lines on preg test???

Just read your posts Lynne - dont know what could be going on, but just wanted to say am thinking of you and really hope you get a good outcome.

I know this isnt the same, but when I was expecting my first, I did loads of tests and kept getting faint positives, so went to the doctor for blood tests. After a week I went back and he said it was negative..(actually he "helpfully" said I had proberbly lost "it") ...went back to the docs a month later as I just didnt feel right, and I was pregnant after all....

My point is I know you are prob feeling worried and confused, but dont give up hope...sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes
xx

FX for Wednesday! How strange. My only thought is that you may have had a chemical last month and this month they detected an early pregnancy. Good luck.

she seems to think pregnancy is the last thing it could be and worried more about illness and such only things i can find hcg related are menopause, tumour growths cancer etc... so just worried myself more, i was worried last month about an ectopic hence why i got the blood in the first place, i have done tests since then and never got a :bfp: so i doubt it was pregnant or even if my Hcg levels are even still sitting at 10 but its really worried me now.

haven't got results from this month so chances are Hcg has gone she said she doesn't think it was pregnancy related at all...????

You could have had a chemical pregnancy or missed miscarriage, though I am not sure if it will be classified as that cos u did not miss your period date

she doesn't seem to think it was pregnancy related at all because levels were soo low.

i'm totally freaking out i dunno what this could all mean i feel like i have been pushed into utter confusion

had my beta blood redone today wont likely get the results till monday, but i have been doing 10mui/ml hpt. just till now they have been mostly :bfn: but today got mega faint line :wacko: not sure what to made of it cause i am 10DPO so surely it would be either pos or neg by now???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->