wtf hcg levels from beta are 10? what does this mean *now with more details*

will try only got webcam and its shit

sorry pictures are crap:
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/Snapshot_20101006_13.jpg
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/Snapshot_20101006_12.jpg
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/Snapshot_20101006_1.jpg
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/Snapshot_20101006.jpg

its hard to get it on camera can bearly see it in person if that makes sense, i am going mad now because i don't feel too great and beta bloods wont be back until monday

i can see them all clear as day, did they come up within the time limit ?

good luck

i believe so why? i am worried after last months results but they have been neg until now.... i dunno what to think or do and as said really not feeling too good at all and need to wait till at least monday for my beta blood results...

im not normally good at seeing these but can definatly see pink lines i hope this is the start of a bfp for you and not nasty evaps

me too but worried that might just be hormon levels acting up as they were 10 last month on a beta and not been retested till today.

Another possibility is ovarian cysts.
But hope this is :baby:
:dust:

i have about 50 ovarian cysts i have sever pcos and never had this before. plus apprently its very rare to get hcg with ovarian cysts.

HCG is only produced by embryos. Not cycts or corpus luteums.

Dont wanna scare u- hope its not ectopic

me too but never had this with my ectopic in feb... my levels then at 4-5weeks was well over 3,000 mine has got to be about or just less than 10 atm as bearly anything on my 10mui/ml tests...???

she didn't seem to think it was there and nurse today said it means theres something somewhere

iv got cycts n dnt get pos on hpt so i dnt think thats right x

Hey,

Positive pregnancy tests don't always indicate that conception has occurred. In some instances, false positives occur completely unrelated to pregnancy. Several medical conditions can cause the production of human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, the hormone which usually indicates that conception has occurred. Although very low quantities of HCG are present in some cases, the advanced technology of home pregnancy tests allows for detection of HCG at lower levels. Many doctors verify pregnancy by drawing multiple blood samples over the course of days or weeks and follow up with an early ultrasound at around six weeks gestation.

Pituitary Disorders of the pituitary gland can cause a false positive pregnancy test. Pituitary tumors can stimulate cells in the pituitary gland to produce HCG. Menopause can also affect the pituitary, leading to HCG production and false positive pregnancy tests. On rare occasions, the pituitary can create HCG even when no disorder or tumor is present.

Ovarian Cysts, Corpus luteum cysts on the ovaries can cause false positives on pregnancy tests. The corpus luteum remains on the ovary after the egg is released. With time, it disintegrates and the cycle is repeated. If the corpus luteum fills with blood or fluid, it becomes a cyst and remains on the ovary. The corpus luteum produces HCG, and can therefore interfere with the accuracy of a pregnancy test.

Chemical pregnancys, Less than 5 is classed as none pregnant. If you have hcg of above 5 a retest for hcg would be recommended. If you had a hc beta of 10 and then have negative hpts. It was more than likely that you had a biochemical pg. If your hcg level is still 10 and still having faint bfp hpts, further tests should be done especially a ultrasound scan.

:thumbup: Good luck.

Hey,

Positive pregnancy tests don't always indicate that conception has occurred. In some instances, false positives occur completely unrelated to pregnancy. Several medical conditions can cause the production of human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, the hormone which usually indicates that conception has occurred. Although very low quantities of HCG are present in some cases, the advanced technology of home pregnancy tests allows for detection of HCG at lower levels. Many doctors verify pregnancy by drawing multiple blood samples over the course of days or weeks and follow up with an early ultrasound at around six weeks gestation.

Pituitary Disorders of the pituitary gland can cause a false positive pregnancy test. Pituitary tumors can stimulate cells in the pituitary gland to produce HCG. Menopause can also affect the pituitary, leading to HCG production and false positive pregnancy tests. On rare occasions, the pituitary can create HCG even when no disorder or tumor is present.
Ovarian Cysts, Corpus luteum cysts on the ovaries can cause false positives on pregnancy tests. The corpus luteum remains on the ovary after the egg is released. With time, it disintegrates and the cycle is repeated. If the corpus luteum fills with blood or fluid, it becomes a cyst and remains on the ovary. The corpus luteum produces HCG, and can therefore interfere with the accuracy of a pregnancy test.

Chemical pregnancys, Less than 5 is classed as none pregnant. If you have hcg of above 5 a retest for hcg would be recommended. If you had a hc beta of 10 and then have negative hpts. It was more than likely that you had a biochemical pg. If your hcg level is still 10 and still having faint bfp hpts, further tests should be done especially a ultrasound scan.

:thumbup: Good luck.

sorry to correct you but the pituitary gland does not produce HCG

it produces.................
growth hormone
TSH
ACTH
oxytocin
LH
FSH
prolactin
ADH

HCG comes from embyonic tissue and some tumours

Hey Hun I've just been through this after ivf... Anything over 25 is classed as pregnant but low levels tend to indicate an early m/c or chemical pregnancy as it's also known.

I was encouraged to have bloods done until I was less than 10 to ensure mine wasn't ectopic.

Big :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->