WTT # 1 and need a buddy

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Cath_Heather, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Cath_Heather

Cath_Heather New Member

Hi everyone!

So OH and I have decided to start trying in April/May 2019. We are wanting to get onto a better medical aid/insurance first.

I decided to sign up because my broodiness is driving me crazy. I've already started buying baby stuff! Crazy I know! It would be nice though, to have a buddy who is also WTT, and share my new purchases with and get advice etc.

It is quite overwhelming at how much a baby actually needs

Preferably someone as crazy as I am

2. TWO2TANGO

TWO2TANGO Well-Known Member

Hi Cath! I am getting my implant removed in March and we will be TTC#1 in may 2019 too! My broodiness is driving me crazy and has been driving me crazy that is why I signed up to find other moms to be who are waiting. Have you already purchased items? Have you started prenatal meds?

Soooo how crazy are you exactly? lol

3. Shoemama

Shoemama Member

Hi Cath! I plan on TTC in June 2019, so not too far off from ya! I'd love to be WTT buddies with you both!

We need a team name. *Power Ranger Stance*

4. Cath_Heather

Cath_Heather New Member

Hiii ladies! So good meeting you!

Sorry for the late reply. Network has been on and off.

I so agree with the team name! Love it! :

@TWO2TANGO well, I'd say compeltely crazy. Ive already purchased a pram and car seat combo. Its second hand and was going ridiculously cheap so... you know... haha. Also bought 2 packs of nappies, some toiletries, a breast pump, little socks and a couple vests...crazy considering we haven't even started trying but we have an AMAZING baby store that sells everything close to where i live and cant help it. Have you bought anything? Regarding prenatals, not exactly but on multi vitamins and an extra dose of folic acid.. waiting for my stash of vitamins tilo deplete then will be moving onto prenatals.

What I AM actually suffering with is coming to terms that I'll have to stop my anti depressents once i conceive. I suffer with depression and anxiety so thats going to be tough.

How old are you ladies? Where you from?

5. Shoemama

Shoemama Member

Oh that is really hard, knowing you’ll need to stop medication you need. My mother struggles with both depression and anxiety. When she had to go off her medication, she started exercising and said that helped. It’s so hard and so different for everyone.

I’m 29, live in Wyoming, and just married the love of my life in September. But between the two of us, we already have 5 kids haha! But as crazy as it is, at some point, we’d love to have an “us baby”. We are building a second story to our house in March, which will give us two extra bedrooms and another bathroom! So I want to make sure that gets done well before another little human is in the house haha.

6. Cath_Heather

Cath_Heather New Member

Oh my! But I get you completely wanting a baby thats both of yours! I personally want 5 children... OH wants twins now and that's the last of it. Little does he know hehehehe. So exciting about the house expansion. Living expenses here are soo expensive so we renting for now.

We aren't married yet but we both really want kids so will see what happens.

I've signed up a gym contract to start end March and it comes with a personal trainer, who has said I can also gym when I'm pregnant and said it would help with my anxiety.

Any purchases made yet?

7. Shoemama

Shoemama Member

Well twins would certainly put you well on your way to 5 haha! Having a full house with lots of kids is insanely fun...and stressful. But I'm grateful for each and every one of my cuties, truly. So that's why I'm not too anxious about having "too many" kids or what have you. Will my kids all get their own ipad? No...we have devices they share, and they have built in friends. It all works out in the end :)

Gym is awesome!! I used to go every morning but that was when I was a stay at home mom. HAH! Ain't nobody got time for that when you work and have kids waiting for you at home! lol

No purchases made, no! We will need a lot since I got rid of everything baby after my ex husband stranded us and I moved 2000 miles across the country. And my husband's ex wife also took all the baby stuff. So we have to start over. Probably for the best though! It's good to pick things out together I think!

You sound like your heart is ready for a little one. That is awesome, and I'm excited to follow you on your journey! Where do you live? UK I'm guessing?

8. HWGina

HWGina New Member

Hi guys!

I’m new to these forums, just looking for someone in the same boat really.

Me and my other half have decided to start trying later next year. We are both ridiculously broody and impatient, but we’ve got a lot of change happening soon and throwing a baby into the mix won’t help. We’re getting married in June, and are buying a new house/starting new jobs closer to family. This week we are moving back in with my parents (with our many pets) until the house sale goes through, which could be months, so realistically we think we should wait until we have our own place again before we get pregnant, and ideally until after the wedding (since I’ve already put a deposit on a dress I would like to fit into!)
    But the wait is excruciating at times! I’m 30, he’s 32. I’ve wanted kids for years, but never been in the right circumstances with education, work, relationships etc. And now finally it’s just around the corner my broodiness has gone into overdrive!

I had my Mirena coil removed in February, and we’ve been using the Natural Cycles contraceptive app since then. It was partly because I wanted my body to have a chance to self regulate again, and see what was normal for me, as I’ve been on some form of hormonal contraception since I was 19. Partly because the possibility of an “accident” is something we are both (not so) secretly excited about. The app has been working very well for us so far, though. We’ve had a couple of periods that were a few days later than expected that led us to doing a pregnancy test, and then both been bummed out when it’s negative. Which seems stupid when that is actually the plan.

My other half is a bad influence too! Because of the app we know when I’m ovulating each month, and he’s like the devil on my shoulder saying “go on, let’s just see what happens, life is short!” But I can just picture the house sale falling through and being stuck at my parents with 5 animals and then also a baby!

I’ve not bought anything yet. Every time I’m at the shops I pause longer than I should in the baby aisle, but I worry that to buy something now would be jinxing it. If for any reason it didn’t happen I wouldn’t know what to do with the stuff and it would make me too sad.

Anyway, I hope I haven’t rambled on too long. It’s difficult to talk to friends about this without coming across as crazy. I mention occasionally that after we’re married we’ll probably start thinking about it, but I don’t let on how many hours I’ve spent binge watching one born every minute, researching local birthing units or reading ttc stories on mums net. It’s nice to know there are other people out there feeling the same!