WTT after m/c question

samzi

mummy to issy,alice&luke
Reaction score
Hi all.

I had a mc nearly 3 weeks ago now and i had it in my head to wait until i have next AF and then start TTC. I still do want to do that but am not 100% bout it all now. Main reason for wanting to wait is cos im scared the same thign will happen again and want a 'fresh start'

Is it best to wait or try now. Im 50/50 bout it all now. Just wanted other peoples experiences/opinions.

Thanks in advance

Sam x

ps. OH is happy to start TTC whenever im ready.

Hiya.
So sorry to hear about you angel.

I've just ploughed my way through a stack of baby books.
and as the most recent self-proclaimed expert on all things baby...

Its suggested that you give your body 3 months to recover from m/c.
but that might be the magical 3 months for pre-conception preparation
(healthy living, eating etc)
Biologically if your body can produce a mature egg then you can make a baby.
But there may be other things to address...
Apologies if this sounds patronising but its all bouncing round in my head at the moment...
Give your system a little time to recover and...
cease all alcohol, drug and caffiene intake (re medication - consult your doctor)
excercise (but you only have to do 3 lots of 30 minutes each week to make a difference)
and eat healthy, organic and as close to raw fruit and veg - 5 portions a day.
Steer clear of soft cheeses and raw eggs
The closer you get to this ideal the better your chances will be.

Big Hugs and Good Luck!

thanks very much for that caz :)

You're welcome.
3 months seems like an awfully long time though!
Some WTTers are giving it just 2 weeks.

I guess you'll know when you're ready
xxx

The only advice I can give you is to try again only when you are fully ready. I have had 2 and was told after the first to wait 3 months which at the time seemed rather a long time to wait. After that, I was mentally and physically ready to try again.

It has been nearly 2 months since the 2nd and I am trying to eradicate all memories of this miscarriage before I can mentally try again. I am nearly there.

Good luck sweetie xxx

Hope you get there soon rump!

I would have been 10 weeks today but its not getting to me as much as i thought it would. Sounds awful but im trying to forget in a way.

Seeing OH on fri and the TTC (properly this time, as in planned and everything) will start. Not seen him for a week and miss him so much, plus when i saw him last i was so scared of doing any BD that we didnt, but now im ready :D

all I was going to add is go with when you are ready, start taking your vitamins and whatnot now if you haven't already, and go for it! Good luck! :D

I think that they recommend that you wait one full cycle, but that is only for dating purposes. My GP told me that there is no evidence that falling pregnant again in the first month after a m/c, increases your chances of another. Also, I was told you are very fertile in the first month after your loss.

So if you feel ready, then I would go for it. Massive :hug: to you, and good luck xx

I know a couple of ladies who have fallen preg straight after a m/c.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->