• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

Hi all im worried about how long its going to take to fall pregnant some of u know my OHs sperm doesn't work so going to be a long process anyway. Just hoping it does happen for us!
Im looking forward to a bump growing, feeling baby kick, choosing names, decorating nursery and so much more I just can't wait

I really can't wait for the feeling of my baby growing inside me, to feel it moving. And to see him or her on the scans... And oddly enough, I really can't wait to experience labour!! I'm not at all scared about the pain- I've a pretty high pain threshold, and think it'll be the most amazing experience.

I AM terrified of having to have a C-section...or even an epidural... I'd rather see if I can manage the pain...

I am totally excited about the whole of pregnancy even strangely enough the morning sickness as I know it will be because our baby is causing it and not just being sick :), looking forward to labour and buying baby stuff and just everything baby related I cannot wait :)

I am however terrified of TTC, I have this constant feeling that we are going to be TTC for a long time and we are going to have all kinds of problems getting the BFP and keeping it sticky!

I am 30 will be 31 in April and my OH is 32 33 in April, I always had my life plan as being married, finished exams and pregnant at 30 and I only managed to cross one of those off my list being married! OH says we have to wait to TTC until I have finished my exams which is now going to be Aug-2012 so I will be 32 when we start TTC and I seriously feel the clock ticking and me getting more and more worried :(

Can I join you girlies please? I don't have a TTC date yet, hoping to be within the next 18-24 months, but who knows :shrug:

My biggest fear is also TTC, I really hope it happens quite quickly and that we don't experience any problems.

Also scared that I won't know what to do once a baby is here, I always get told about mother's instinct and that you'll just know what to do, but it's still a scary thought...

Hiya I know I'm only young but I'm so excited about the thought of getting pregnant and experiencing all the most natural feelings of a kicking baby in my belly! I've got to finish my degree first but after that my fiance said we can start talking more seriously about trying to conceive !! woop woop
I'm also looking forward to giving birth, I want it to be as natural as possible with a birthing pool though because I think that would be so calming.
However my biggest fear in life is things all going tits up and leaving babies until I'm to old ! Good luck ladies hopefully we will all have kicking baby bellies soon x

I must admit the TTC part worries me too, my mum and dad were trying 9 years before they fell for my brother so that really worries me that i might follow suit, and i really dont think i could be carrying baby number one in my late 30s b/c of my back. Im hoping that it only takes the average 6 months to catch the eggy x

I want in! We're waiting to try for number 1 in May, after we get our insurance all worked out from getting married. I'm sooo excited that it's so close! What I'm most looking forward to: bigger boobs. What I'm most nervous about: cracked ribs (I'm short-waisted, so I don't know where a baby's going to fit in there).

Hey all. We're going to TTC #1 in May (hopefully), so I'll join up. I'm trying not to freak out too much about the potential pains of pregnancy, so I think my biggest fear is years and years off - a mouthy teenager. Biggest excitement is hoping to be right there to see life through a kid's eyes again.

Hey all. We're going to TTC #1 in May (hopefully), so I'll join up. I'm trying not to freak out too much about the potential pains of pregnancy, so I think my biggest fear is years and years off - a mouthy teenager. Biggest excitement is hoping to be right there to see life through a kid's eyes again.

yeah teenagers can be a handful :haha: i really cant wait for when LO says its first word i bet thats amazing to hear :cloud9:

Hahaha I hope my kids are better than I was. I was a terror as a child and an even worse teenager.

The one thing I hope never happns is having my child come home upset because they're gettig teased or bullied. That would just kill me :(.

Yay TTC #1!

I think I'm most scared about the possibility of a C-section. I would like to have a more "natural" birth.

I am looking forward to feeling the baby and the excitement of getting a BFP.

I'm scared I'll miscarry a few times like my older sister and my aunt. Fertility isn't really a problem for the women in my family...
I'm scared I'll have a hard pregnancy like my mom did with my older sister, and me. She said she almost died when she had my sister... yikes. But doesn't have details to share... so that's likely better.
I'm scared of a still born. for no reason other than my aunt had a stillborn boy as her first child. That was when they made you stay pregnant even if they knew it was dead... she had to give birth naturally and know it wasn't going to cry. name him and bury him.

I'm excited about everything. naming the baby, feeling it kick, feeling the life in there.

We're hoping to try for #1 in the fall/winter

Hi All,

It has taken a lot of courage to post on here today. I have had very strong feelings about wanting to be pregnant for a while, but in the past year or so it has gotten so as I'm looking at pregnancy forums every day, following the highs and lows of women as they go through the process I so desperately want to.

I'm 21, my boyfriend is 29 and we have been together almost two years now. Though our relationship isn't ideal; I live 45 minutes away from him in one direction, and go to university an hour and a half in the other direction. I am now finishing my second year, and we have plans to buy our first home together about a year from now. It just seems so far away. We are only able to do this thanks to both our parents putting together a deposit for us, and I am extremely grateful. Nevertheless, another year with just seeing each other Thur/Fri - Sun/Mon seems like far too long and quite upsetting. On the other hand, neither of us have a very constant job and general money is quite tight. This time allows us to get sorted financially.

By that point we will have been together for three years, and will have moved in. I really hope to be married quite quickly (say, aged 23) with quite a modest and low cost wedding, and then travelling for a couple of months. I would like to complete my NQT (first proper year) of teaching before I have a baby, but wouldn't mind being pregnant during that year. I'm quite resilliant and hard working (I've already taken steps to write schemes of work in line with the national curriculum for all years in my subject, drama, and additionally, PSHE.)

Anyway, there just seems so many logical steps that need to be taken before I can get to what I really instinctually want. Despite being a very sensible and mature person I just really crave doing the most basic human thing possible.

There are a few things I look forward to the most; making the most precious man in the world a father. He'll be absolutely amazing and bring up wonderful children. I can't wait to have him with me through it all, him touching my tummy and talking to it etc. Being all protective of his own family. Children will bring such a spark to both sets of grandparents. I can't wait to grow something inside me, see the small developments in my body; from noticing my boobs getting bigger and my tummy growing and all of a sudden it being massive. I can sometimes be quite energetic and erratic (going to be a drama teacher!) and I can really forsee it bringing out a really calmig quality in me and a new level of maturity. I really LOVE shopping etc, planning to decorate our new hous and all of that stuff.... but for some reason doing the nursery etc just seems secondary and of minor importance.

That said, I'm worried about a few things. I worry that when I actually have a little baby I'll be stumped with what to do. Just the sense of being totally overwhelmed by responsibility. I worry about my OH always worrying that we aren't ready and us leaving it late. I want to have atleast 2 by the time I'm 30 (by which time he'll be 39!) That said, when his sister and best friend have babies (which I expect they will soon) I think he'll come around. I'm not really worried about the birth as I think it will be such a momentus bonding time for myself and OH and baby of course. I do worry about feeling constantly drained within the area I'll be working in.

Anyway... I'm so glad this thread has been created. I honestly don't think we'll start TTC until atleast 2014, which breaks my heart, but atleast I can come here and let off steam and perhaps make friends with people who feel the same. Sorry about the long post,

Faith

We are going to start TTC after our honeymoon in April 2012.

It seems so far away, but I plan on enjoying the time beforehand.

I'm definitely scared of labor and the epidural because I'm terrified of needles. But I'm not worried about morning sickness or anything else.

Oh, and I worry about the weight gain and losing it afterward. :(

i worry about having to spend months of the pregnancy in hospital say if there were problems

OddSocks, you are a genius, chick!:thumbup: This thread is splendid!

Background: My DH & I will be ttc starting in June 2012. My main fears are: that we will have problems ttc or that we won't be able to period; that our baby won't be healthy; and I know this may be tmi, but honestly, I am scared to death of potentially pooing while in labor:blush: I don't like bodily functions such as this being done with many people around.

Things I can't wait for: the bonding time during the pregnancy such as going together to get baby things, dh talking to my belly; bonding during/after labor-i have decided that my dh will be the only one in the room with me as I want it to be OUR moment:cloud9:;I also cannot wait to see what the little bean looks like!! I have had dreams where we had a daughter running around with dark, almost black, curly hair with green eyes & super dark& long eyelashes--all of which would come from my DH, except for the curly part:haha:

And I think DH is verrrry much looking forward to certain body parts being larger than normal:haha:if ya know what i mean:winkwink:

I have thought of one of my fears/worries of being pregnant and that is that my feet will grow and be a size bigger afterwards and I will not fit into any of my shoes :(

I have a vast selection of shoes which I love and which cost a lot of money and the thought of my feet being too big for them really worries me!! self indulgent I know but I have a thing for shoes ;)

OddSocks, you are a genius, chick!:thumbup: This thread is splendid!

Background: My DH & I will be ttc starting in June 2012. My main fears are: that we will have problems ttc or that we won't be able to period; that our baby won't be healthy; and I know this may be tmi, but honestly, I am scared to death of potentially pooing while in labor:blush: I don't like bodily functions such as this being done with many people around.

Things I can't wait for: the bonding time during the pregnancy such as going together to get baby things, dh talking to my belly; bonding during/after labor-i have decided that my dh will be the only one in the room with me as I want it to be OUR moment:cloud9:;I also cannot wait to see what the little bean looks like!! I have had dreams where we had a daughter running around with dark, almost black, curly hair with green eyes & super dark& long eyelashes--all of which would come from my DH, except for the curly part:haha:

And I think DH is verrrry much looking forward to certain body parts being larger than normal:haha:if ya know what i mean:winkwink:

why thank you :blush::haha:

I honestly worry about whether or not I'll have the amount of energy I need to keep up with a LO! I'm 28 now, and the way things are going, I'll be well over 30 before we TTC. I already feel like the endless energy of my younger days is fading, and fast...

aw i worry about that myself but when i mentioned it to my mum she said shes found having kids older has kept her younger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->