• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

aw i worry about that myself but when i mentioned it to my mum she said shes found having kids older has kept her younger

My mom had me at 24, my first brother at 26 and my youngest brother at 31. I can't even imagine having 3 kids by now!! But she has told me many a time that her energy level with my youngest brother wasn't was it was with her first two, and she feels like he "missed out" on a lot because she just didn't have the time or energy for extra things with him. Looking at the way things are now, I really can see a difference in how me vs. my brothers turned out - the youngest doesn't even talk to this side of his family anymore, not that he ever really did... I come from a relatively broken family. :( Anyway, my baby brother has told me before that he never felt like Mom had enough time or energy for him - just breaks my heart, and I don't EVER want my kids to feel like that. :nope:

aw i worry about that myself but when i mentioned it to my mum she said shes found having kids older has kept her younger

My mom had me at 24, my first brother at 26 and my youngest brother at 31. I can't even imagine having 3 kids by now!! But she has told me many a time that her energy level with my youngest brother wasn't was it was with her first two, and she feels like he "missed out" on a lot because she just didn't have the time or energy for extra things with him. Looking at the way things are now, I really can see a difference in how me vs. my brothers turned out - the youngest doesn't even talk to this side of his family anymore, not that he ever really did... I come from a relatively broken family. :( Anyway, my baby brother has told me before that he never felt like Mom had enough time or energy for him - just breaks my heart, and I don't EVER want my kids to feel like that. :nope:

Ooooh, nooooo....Don't say that!! I'm 32, may have to wait (reluctantly) for OH for another 2 years to have my first and wand 2-3...I'm already shattered all the time and OH is completely wiped out- he's worried about energy levels, though I know I'm much better at just getting on with things and drawing energy from things I love...

:awww: I read one of your other posts, darlin'... everything will work out!! :flower:

My mom had me at 31. She wasn't what I'd call an active mom. but that was the way she was. I know I'm different than her with healthy life choices (not smoking and eating right... exercising way more etc) so I know I will be different than her, she also had Cancer when I was 12 so I hope that won't be an issue for me. I hope to have 2 kids in my early 30s and have enough energy for them. My cousin started her family at 36 and is a really active involved mom so I know it can be done.

we'll be different than our mothers because our partners will be more involved... my mom was a single mom, of course she was tired.

that's MHO anyway.

my mum was 43 when she had me, and i can definately say that although i love her to bits, and she has played an active role in my life, there is a massive gap between us. the differences between the world she grew up in (born in the 50's) compared to the world i grew up in (born in the 90's). we have had massive blowouts over little things and i find it hard to talk to her about important things. i guess we were closer coz i was an only child and my dad worked away.
anyways, due to that and the fact that it tooko my mother a good 20 years ttc with 13 trials of ivf, i have made a descision to start a family as young as possible, whilst still taking stabiliy into consideration.

i admit i dont want to leave it much younger, im most likelys going to be 28 when i become a first time mum, really wanted to be younger than that

one of my friends is suffering really bad with morning sickness as the moment too...but honestly i think i could handle that...i know it will be draining and very annoying but it really is just the labor that terrifies me, im so scared of getting stitches!!

im really looking forward to being pregnant, just feeling the baby kick and growing inside my tummy xx

Sorry to intrude ladies, I am WTT for #2. But I just have to say, I LOVED labor!! I was in labor for 24 hours at home before my contractions got close enough to go to the hospital and at the time, that was hell. BUT once I got to the hospital, got my pain under control, and relaxed, it was the most amazing experience of my life. It was so exciting and just the happiest time, I can't even describe it. Pushing was the coolest most enjoyable thing I have ever done. I LOVED it!! I immediately forgot about those painful hours at home when they placed my baby on my chest. Yes its painful, scary, hard... but it is such an accomplishment! I long for that feeling again. My baby is only 8 weeks old and I can't wait to have #2. I have a feeling that my love of the childbirth experience is going to change my plans to stop at 2:) But for now I am loving the heck out of my little man.
Sorry to intrude again, just hoping to ease your fears a bit.

id love a home birth my friend had one and she said it was amazing b/c it was so relaxed x

I honestly worry about whether or not I'll have the amount of energy I need to keep up with a LO! I'm 28 now, and the way things are going, I'll be well over 30 before we TTC. I already feel like the endless energy of my younger days is fading, and fast...

I'm 25 and I worry about this too O.O

I keep saying to OH, "We're so tired now just between working, cleaning, running errands, and taking care of our dog/cat - what the heck are we going to do when we've got LOs and are actually sleep-deprived?!"... I know we'll find a way to make it work, but it just boggles my mind a little bit right now...

Also, my SIL sent me this today and informed me that she is buying this for my first-born:

https://www.citysprouts.com/store/catalog/images%2Fsoworththewait_yellow_hires.jpg

https://www.citysprouts.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=9757&cat=21489

Just thought other WTT#1-ers might get a kick out of it too! :)

Also, my SIL sent me this today and informed me that she is buying this for my first-born:

https://www.citysprouts.com/store/catalog/images%2Fsoworththewait_yellow_hires.jpg

That is tooo cute!!:thumbup:

I honestly worry about whether or not I'll have the amount of energy I need to keep up with a LO! I'm 28 now, and the way things are going, I'll be well over 30 before we TTC. I already feel like the endless energy of my younger days is fading, and fast...

I'm 25 and I worry about this too O.O

I keep saying to OH, "We're so tired now just between working, cleaning, running errands, and taking care of our dog/cat - what the heck are we going to do when we've got LOs and are actually sleep-deprived?!"... I know we'll find a way to make it work, but it just boggles my mind a little bit right now...

Same here! We're WTT#1 and I'm like, dang I'm already tired a lot when we're both working fulltime, taking care of the dog and I've been working out a lot more lately... >.< I mean, I'm 25 but still. And like you said, I know it'll work itself out, but it concerns me.

And well, I'm worried to death about labor because I'm not good with doctors, hospitals, needles, etc. Just silly little fears that I need to overcome. :)

That is tooo cute!!:thumbup:

Ahhhh I love this!!! :)

awww that is adorable :cloud9:

My main worry is the health of the baby - which is why I'm trying to eat healthy, do regular workouts, take prenatals, etc. Otherwise, I'm actually excited for labour. I plan to do it with no drugs, and although I'm not looking forward to the pain, I'm not scared either. We'll see if that changes when I'm 9 months pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->