WTT February 2014

Hi dawn and welcome.

I don't think we will use those opk tests at first I never had to before. My DD was a wonderful surprise and josh happened in 6 months so I'm hoping I wint need them!

Birth plan is that I will have a pool! I've had 2 pool births and refuse to do it without one! It's looking like I will have a home birth which I feel I don't have a choice over! All the maternity wards near me has closed and the closet is righ on the other side of town so it takes a looooong time to get to!

You get use to needles very quickly! I had a phobia before I had number 1 and now I am fine x

We have only chosen a boys name and that is Harrison. We have briefly discussed girls name but the male gene is so strong on his side of the family I don't see me having a girl!

Hi Dawn! It's good to have some mums around as well so us first-timers can be reassured/horrified by your stories. :haha: Was your LO's birth quite intense? He's a cutie though.

Kay, the pool sounds awesome. I really love baths and find warm water extremely soothing. Can I ask a TMI question though... does the water get gross?

Being in the US I'm probably not allowed to have a water birth. I'll probably be strapped to a bed and monitored and episiotomied etc etc. :(

It was only after the birth it got gross, DD did a poo in the pool at birth! They tend to empty the water very shortly after birth I delivered the afterbirth out of the water x

My pregnancy was great, LO was 6 days late and i was in hospital three days before he was born due to high blood pressure. The labour was ok till the end when we needed forceps. so i laboured to 10cm with gas and air as pain relief and then had a spinal, episiotomy and forceps (with a c-section being likely) but he did come with forceps and episiotomy in the end. my healing process was long and it was about 7months after the birth that i could say i was fully recovered physically but that may have come from him being big. So its still clear in my head, but so worth it i will do it again lol.

Thanks for the welcome all x

That sound awful dawn

I had 2 pool births. My daughters was very relaxing I had gas and air whilst being in the pool. I fell asleep in labour! My sons was a little more traumatic, he was back to back and I couldn't push until he turned and it was horrible pain, I couldn't even breath because of the pain so the gas and air was useless x when he did turn I got 1 large contraction and he was out. I went into shock and I kept fainting when I stood up xxx

Welcome Dawn, I agree lovely to have some women in here who are already Mums!

I love the fact your baby was 10lb 7oz, that was the same size I was at birth! People can scarcely believe it, thinking it's really big but I try to convince them it's not. My little sister was 10lb 14oz and Mum homebirthed her, I was 5 so I was able to see the birth which was truly amazing. I am glad Mum didn't continue, her next baby may have been even larger...!

My cousin recently had a baby, she was 11lb 8oz. Ended up in a Caesar that one.

It's a shame re interventions when unnecessary huh MellyH? I watch a lot of US programmes where birth is involved and it seems overmedicated at times? Do you know what I mean?

Of course if there is a need for intervention when I'm there I'll be keen to do it so long as it has the right outcome but I think you know what I mean.

I feel like February is getting closer... or perhaps it's now that there is a little group of us I feel less alone!

Hi ladies!

This is my first post to any of these forums. I have lurked around a little but I have never posted so let me introduce myself!

I'm newly 30 yrs old and have been married to the love of my life for 4 years. We are more than ready to TTC except I'm a teacher and have been at my school for 2 yrs...I need 3 yrs in for my tenure. So I figure if we start in Feb I would sign my contract for my 3rd year in May and then hopefully tell them I'm expecting after that :)

I am soooo ready to start but I know I need to wait. All of my friends have kids of are pregnant and the wait is killing me!!!!

Hi ladies!

This is my first post to any of these forums. I have lurked around a little but I have never posted so let me introduce myself!

I'm newly 30 yrs old and have been married to the love of my life for 4 years. We are more than ready to TTC except I'm a teacher and have been at my school for 2 yrs...I need 3 yrs in for my tenure. So I figure if we start in Feb I would sign my contract for my 3rd year in May and then hopefully tell them I'm expecting after that :)

I am soooo ready to start but I know I need to wait. All of my friends have kids of are pregnant and the wait is killing me!!!!

Hi Beachgirl, welcome!! I'm a teacher too and have a similar timeline given our requirements here for registration. Are you in the US? We don't have the tenure system here but I've heard of it briefly.
Here in New Zealand we need to teach full time for two years to get registration - we have got five years to do that so I could take time off and come back but ideally I want to be done and dusted so I don't have that "beginning teacher" cloud hanging over me and I can go to any school I want :)

What do you teach? I'm a primary (elementary) teacher here and I have 9 and 10 year olds. Currently in the last weekend before school goes back for next term.

Nice to have you with us.

Hi, just popping my head in. I'm kinda starting to TTC in February. We get married on February the first and OH has agreed to TTC on our honeymoon. If I don't fall that month were waiting again till June, he does not want another Christmas baby

We have been together 7years and have a little girl who will be 3 in November

Hi! Thank you for welcoming me and I'm glad to hear I'm in similar situations as other ppl because around here I feel all alone! Yes, I teach in the U.S. how is everything helping the time go by until Feb gets here?!

I have uni work to concentrate on beach! I qualify as a staff nurse in march xxxx

Because we already have one LO who is currently 9 months i find that time passes quickly, but i do recall the ttc wait with him and how awfully long it felt (we had to wait till we were married as my husband felt very strongly about that!).
I do find myself counting down months, and thinking things such as lO will be one in october and then only 4 months to ttc after that - i feel a bit bad really, kind of like i should be enjoying LO more, but i am focused on wtt # 2 don't get me wrong, i do enjoy LO and love him immensley, but i would love for him to have a brother or sister.
I would have another now, but i know that a larger age gap would suit us more.

Hi! Thank you for welcoming me and I'm glad to hear I'm in similar situations as other ppl because around here I feel all alone! Yes, I teach in the U.S. how is everything helping the time go by until Feb gets here?!

My work takes up a lot of my time and we have several things planned like finishing off renovating and selling up etc. so that takes my focus a wee bit! Still though I feel bad for wanting to "fast forward" my life but I just want the time to be here already!

I'm just very very very impatient. One of my best friends and my brother's wife are both pregnant, so I'm focusing on that. My friend lives too far away for me to get much (if any) baby time, but my little niece or nephew will be close enough to borrow :D Of course, SIL isn't due til Christmastime anyway, so I guess there won't be much babytime before we start trying for ours.

I'm impatient too MrsKChicago. Really impatient! I want my ticker to go down from the six months already... half a year still sounds too far away some days.

How is everyone doing today? First day back at school for me after the school holidays. The kids and I had the best day!! :)

HI Tuesdaysbaby,

hope you had a great first day back :)

we are great here, just getting on with jobs (whilst trying to encourage Isaac to take a much needed afternoon nap - oh how i wish i could join him).

I go back to work next week after maternity leave so want to get the house all clean and organised before i return.

Hi Beachy and Lozzy! Welcome to the thread.

I am impatient as well, but I do have a lot of stuff to deal with before February (we just spent the weekend house-hunting in southern California!) so I'm hoping that keeps me occupied!

I have some charting questions for the more experienced among us! My period arrived on the weekend, and I'm wondering if (a) it's worth starting to chart, even though I still have the implanon? and (b) which day I'm supposed to count as CD1 - Saturday, when there was just a bit of pink with a tiny streak of red on the toilet paper, or Sunday, when I had to start wearing a liner. It's actually pretty heavy today (Monday) which I'm surprised by since it's usually pretty light on the implanon, but I am getting into the last six months of the three-year duration, and my recollection from previous times was that towards the end my periods seemed to be evolving back from light and irregular to 'normal'. My previous period started five weeks ago.

Also, I spent the weekend staying with friends in southern California who have a 16 month old and by the end of the weekend he was reaching out of his mum's arms towards me to be cuddled and played with, and my heart melted every time. I can't wait until I have a little person who reaches for me and smiles every day.

There is no point in charting if your using hormonal contraception, it's not a true idea of what your cycle is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->