WTT February 2014

Okay I will wait until I get it out then!

Hi ladies sorry a bit of a rant

Urge! I'm feeling dreadful today. We come back from holiday yesterday and back to all the stress! Essays, mock interviews and the huge dark cloud of hubby being made redundant. He is now self employed but refuses to listen to what I say! He has no idea how to run a business and refuses to learn! I've bought him books and found courses for him to do be he says he doesn't have time! It's such a worry I have 6 months until I qualify and he is the main bread winner!

I don't know what to do! When I asked if I should quit uni he hesitated and said iv come to far to quit but i get the feeling he wants me to. I've been doing this for 4 years I don't want to quit in the last 6 months I've worked so hard! I've been applying for jobs so hopefully I will get one and go straight into it after I qualify xx I just feel lost!

(((((HUGS))))) Mamakay86,

what a horrid situation to be in, but don't quit university, you will regret it - sounds like your doing the best you can right now and that with a bit of luck you can hopefuuly secure a position before you leave university.

when is your hubby being made redundant?, will he have some redundancy pay to help tie you over a little longer?, has he looked into if he is entitled to any benefits (though i suspect not if he wants to become self employed properly.

i know 6 months is a long time but as i say don't quit now.

xxx

Sorry I read what I put and it wasn't very clear. Hubby was told 3 weeks ago he was being made redundant but his boss(dad) convinced him to work for him as a self employed contractor and he said he would. So no redundancy pay becuase he basically quit to become selfemployed and a dramatic deduction in wage. I mean his first week of being self employed he saw £80 from £450 due to materials, diesel and van repairs! I'm sorry if I'm confusing everyone but the truth is I'm super confused! All I know is we can't live off £80 a week!

Oh, that's really tough. :( And that sucks about not getting a redundancy payout.

Definitely don't quit. Are there any government benefits you can apply for while you're studying and your husband is earning so little?

Hey Ladies,

I agree, don't quit... it's only 6 months (now I can say that given I want the next six months to flyyyyy by!) and you'll be done. You can't compare that feeling! I went back to Uni last year to retrain and my husband was self employed and we managed really well! I guess our situation may be completely different but I'm just trying to add hope....

Thanks ladies

I'm trying to remain calm and to carry on as normal! No panicking today but I've ignored it and concentrated on uni work! I have to face the dreaded forms again soon!

On a good note my actifry came today and I've cooked the most amazing chips ever!

Kay
Xxx

Oh, how stressful! I wouldn't quit with only six months left, unless it was really the only possible option. If things don't even out with his work soon, maybe cutting back to part time school and a part time job would help, though it would take longer to graduate if you did that.

Hi ya

MrsK life is very stressfull at the moment! Getting a part time job would be tricky as I study/work for 28 hours a week and this is classed as part time! Not to mention looking after 2 children and running a house. Oh and chasing the hubby's accounts! Big sigh, keep calm and carry on as they say !!!

:(

I'm sure you can find a way to make it work, though. It's only six months.

Oh gosh that does sound stressful and very busy too!!

AF arrived today, my cycle is now on average, 32 days .. it is so frustrating not knowing my exact cycle length as it changes and varies so much, I just thank goodness I started keeping track of it over a year ago now, I would be at a complete loss otherwise and really frustrated.

No wonder I used to get concerned when AF hadn't arrived... turns out it's all over the place. It's not irregular in terms of it not arriving, it always does, I just think witchy-poo takes a detour, frustrated.

Nearly under 6 months to go ladies!!!

That's great that you've been able to get a handle on it TB. My research/reading indicates that even if your cycle length is variable, you should be ovulating roughly the same time *before* your period every cycle (as compared to ovulating the same time *after* your period, which would be FAR more useful as a predictor!). So your luteal phase (between ovulation and menstruation) should be consistent, even if your total cycle length is variable.

From the wikipedia article (emphasis mine):

The average length of the human luteal phase is fourteen days (2 weeks). Between ten and sixteen days is considered normal, although luteal phases of less than twelve days may make it more difficult to achieve pregnancy. While luteal phase length varies significantly from woman to woman, for the same woman the length will be fairly consistent from cycle to cycle.

Hi ladies!

Has anyone ever had the mirena coil? I'm really suffering with hormones at the moment and just wondered what to do! I'm having it removed soon but until then I can't bear these side effects a moment longer. I keep getting awful migraines, sore boobs, bloating and constant sickness! It's like being pregnant without the baby!

I haven't. My impression is that it's recommended for people who've already had children (I think something about the cervix being different? I don't know!).

Could you do something like the Nuva ring? Because the hormones are localised to the vagina, there are supposed to be fewer side effects.

Sorry I can't help, I've never had a coil so I'm not helpful in that regard...!

Thanks ladies

I just want this thing out now! I have now got the 2nd migraine in 1 week! These symptoms are getting worse! It's destroying my life. I have to make the decision what is worse heavy painful periods or these side effects!

I am going to ring the doctor and ask them to yank the thing out!

Yeah it really sounds like it is time to take it out, sorry MK, how frustrating. :(

Gosh I've been a right moan lately ladies I do appologise! No more moaning now. Appointment is made for Wednesday to have the evil thing out!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? We are just having a quiet one xxx

Don't apologise! It must be terrible. I've never had a migraine thank goodness but know people who suffer and it's, I've heard, debilitating.

Weekend is half over here in NZ, watching the final of the Super 15 Rugby! Go the mighty Chiefs, hehe. Do you all like sport? I absolutely love watching Rugby League and Rugby and I think when the Olympics and Commonwealth Games are on I need to take a leave of absence from work so I can watch it all, all of the time. I just love it.

My nephew turns 5 on Tuesday and I went to his little birthday party today, pretty cute all those little kiddies.

Tomorrow we're going shopping. Husband wants an iPhone, I am happy as I have an older android & my latest time wasting fad is Candy Crush and my phone is too old to download it! Haha!

Other than that, just enjoying the time away from work and wishing it was 2 days at work and 5 days off. The world would be a better place ;)

I'm not a huge fan of sports! I do my running and swimming but I don't like watching sports. Hubby on the other hand loves football he is a huge Manchester city fan! The football season starts here again soon so I'm going to be a football widow!

My mum is coming today for dinner which I could do without because I'm still a little woosy from the migraine. Tomorrow I have all the ironing to do :(. I hate ironing lol

I'm back at work on Monday 7am start! I've had a lovely 2 weeks off and I really don't want to go back xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->