WTT Girls BAW Thread- October/November/December (Someone create a new one for Jan'09)

Blimey, that's some insight you've written there Chris, well done. You obviously have strong feelings about this. I tell you what worries me about McCain though is his age, particularly as I'm not keen on his intended second in command, Sarah Palin.

So is that income tax of 50% based on a joint income of $42,000? We get taxed at 40% for everything earned (each person) over £34,600 ($56,700).

No,it's not joint. Each of us makes $42,000 and higher so we'll both be taxed at 50% or higher, then to get taxed on it again come April 15th. So, we'd essentially be taking home over $1,000 less a month and we struggle with what we take home now.

Yeah, McCain is old but also VERY VERY experienced and served our nation proudly. I actually like Palin, she can be a bit 'odd' at times but we're all odd. :rofl:

Wow Chris you sure know your stuff x i dont blame you for not wanting him as president after reading that x
So If you know all this why isnt the rest of america following suit & backing McCain??
I'm not too sure about Sarah Palin though I dont like her for the fact she Likes hunting & thats something I totally disagree with x The best thing the England did was ban fox hunting

Chocolate cake is moe just normal sponge :rofl: i ran out of chocolate powder :dohh:

Wow Chris you sure know your stuff x i dont blame you for not wanting him as president after reading that x
So If you know all this why isnt the rest of america following suit & backing McCain??
I'm not too sure about Sarah Palin though I dont like her for the fact she Likes hunting & thats something I totally disagree with x The best thing the England did was ban fox hunting

Chocolate cake is moe just normal sponge :rofl: i ran out of chocolate powder :dohh:

Good question Reedy. I have no idea why the rest of America isn't following suit. I think they don't want to believe it because they are SO fed up with Bush and Republicans in office that they will vote for any Democrat that comes along without really stopping to think what this man represents. That's my theory anyway.

I'm against hunting for furs and things of that nature. Are you a vegetarian Reedy?

Chris - yes so same as here, that is each of us pays 40% tax (so 10% less than you) on all earnings over £34,600 ($52,700). So your earnings threshold is considerably lower for the higher rate tax (£25,000 equivalent here). What is the tax rate on earnings below $42,000? Ours is 20%. However we have to add to that our national insurance contributions (for healthcare) which are 11% of income. I guess you have to pay some sort of health insurance over there?

Sorry to run off on a political tirade ladies. :blush: I'm just very worried about our country atm and it's a nice distraction from ovulation dates, ewcm and being worried about not being able to have children.

I don't have a problem with McCain's age per se, my main concern is that anything happened to him, Sarah Palin would take charge and that scares me.

I have this fear that Obama is going to win. I was reading in one of my local papers that my city backs Obama. It went on to say that most readers of this peticular paper thought that he is going to win. Thinking he's going to win and backing him are two different things. I'm pretty sure that "blue alberta" (the conservative colour here is blue, not red :rofl:) isn't backing Obama!!

I have heard more about the American election than I did about the election that just happened here in Canada :rofl: It's everywhere. Even the Canadian news stations are going to be having Election coverage this week. :rofl: It's so much in our media right now that it's impossible to ignore.

Chris - yes so same as here, that is each of us pays 40% tax (so 10% less than you) on all earnings over £34,600 ($52,700). So your earnings threshold is considerably lower for the higher rate tax (£25,000 equivalent here). What is the tax rate on earnings below $42,000? Ours is 20%. However we have to add to that our national insurance contributions (for healthcare) which are 11% of income. I guess you have to pay some sort of health insurance over there?

Yeah, we have to pay for health insurance. It comes out of our paycheck and varies depending on if it's just for you or a family. It also depends on which healthcare you have, as there are many here. I'm not really too sure what the tax rate is on earnings below - I think it's a standard rate. I THINK! All I know is that the more money you make, the more taxes are taken out. So, if you work too much overtime, it's not worth it because all of it goes to the government. I'm really not sure how all the tax thing works TBH.

So, we get the following taken out of our checks: federal or gov't tax, state tax, social security, health insurance and retirement. For example right now, a $3000 monthly paycheck is whittled down to less than $2300 after federal, social security and medicare taxes are taken out and that's not including stat taxes, benefits and retirement. So with Obama's plan, it will be double that, so a $3000 monthly paycheck will be whittled down to about $1,400.

Good question Reedy. I have no idea why the rest of America isn't following suit. I think they don't want to believe it because they are SO fed up with Bush and Republicans in office that they will vote for any Democrat that comes along without really stopping to think what this man represents. That's my theory anyway.

I'm against hunting for furs and things of that nature. Are you a vegetarian Reedy?

No Not a vegetarian but totally disagree with hunting as a sport like fox hunting x Hate people who hunt for fur too x
I know some vegetarians will say 'how can you hate those things but still eat meat' well I agree & I dont know the answer maybe I just like meat too much & try not to think about where it came from although I do mybit by buying free range eggs & chickens (man I'm just asking for an arguement arent I) :dohh:

Yeah, we have to pay for health insurance. It comes out of our paycheck and varies depending on if it's just for you or a family. It also depends on which healthcare you have, as there are many here. I'm not really too sure what the tax rate is on earnings below - I think it's a standard rate. I THINK! All I know is that the more money you make, the more taxes are taken out. So, if you work too much overtime, it's not worth it because all of it goes to the government. I'm really not sure how all the tax thing works TBH.

So, we get the following taken out of our checks: federal or gov't tax, state tax, social security, health insurance and retirement. For example right now, a $3000 monthly paycheck is whittled down to less than $2300 after federal, social security and medicare taxes are taken out and that's not including stat taxes, benefits and retirement. So with Obama's plan, it will be double that, so a $3000 monthly paycheck will be whittled down to about $1,400.

Sounds a lot like mine, however, come new year the alberta government is going to be covering basic medical.

Although today's headline is Lewis Hamilton's F1 World Championship win yesterday - yay :) US elections after that though....

Hiya Reedy :hi: Yeah Dh and I have a fear of Obama winning as well. This is so not good. :nope: I'm shitting bricks here. :rofl:

Sounds a lot like mine, however, come new year the alberta government is going to be covering basic medical.

Taxes just suck....I mean we work for all our money, why don't we get to keep it? If our salary is $40,000 a year, that's what we should take home - not $30,000!! :growlmad: Or our salaries should be $50,000 so we can still get that $40,000, if that makes any sense.

Right my lovelies I'm off now got to go get my car from my sisters (left the lights on saturday night & the battery's dead) so my dad has got me some jump leads to start it x Luckily my new car beeps if i havent turned them off :rofl: which is fab bcus I have left my lights on about 3 times in the past 3 months :dohh:

Hope you all have fab evenings & i'll speak to you all 2moro x x x

Reedy that's something I would do! :rofl: See ya tomorrow! :wave: Have a good evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->