WTT Girls BAW Thread- October/November/December (Someone create a new one for Jan'09)

ah, i like that song too......it was really sad when Kirsty McCall died.......

right, home-time....

might not be around much tomorrow as i have a mad calendar according to my diary....will look to see how Daisy is though :hugs:

bye all....:wave:

Urgh at insensitive people. I had to change a named insured to "in the estate of" on a couple of policies, Property and personal lines auto. I completed the property one stating the reason as "insured has passed away" then I checked the auto policy, and it had already been completed and the newbie underwriter who did it stated the reason as "the insured is dead" Same thing, but so urgh, insensitive.

Was I wrong?

I had told my SIL before the shenanigans in September that Nick and I were thinking about trying. Since she got engaged, we haven't really talked much, so she didn't know that he and I had decided not to try.

Last night at a b-day dinner for my BIL, my SIL's fiance was making jokes about there being a "baby race." and he kept saying "well, I guess we'll see who gets to have a baby first" I ended up excusing myself cause I just didn't want to hear it anymore. I told Nick that it had upset me, but I kinda left it at that.

Today, I texted my SIL to let her know that Nick and I aren't (actively) trying for a baby, and won't be for the forseeable future, and that her fiance's comments about the "baby race", though not intended in that way at all, were hurtful because it broke my heart to make the decision not to try.

I felt I needed to get it off my chest cause this isn't the first instance of him saying stuff like this, and I imagined it wouldn't be the last time either. She hasn't replied to me. Should I have just left it alone?

Morning girlies :)

How are we all doing today?

I'm doing okay but had another one of those financial discussions with DH last night. I worry about how we will manage when I give up work (the mortgage side of things) and that I will have to go back quite quickly. DH's business had a quiet month which isn't good. How much money will we lose on the house, all that sort of thing. I'm trying to save up enough money to cover 6 mths worth of living costs which isn't easy. It just seems unfair that we worked so hard and now we finally want to ttc, there is a recession! :(

I would say your comments are fair enough in the circumstancs Lea. TTC is a personal thing and everyone has their own reasons for not trying or indeed trying. What he said was insensitive. :hugs:

Morning everyone x

Poshie - I totally understand hun bcus thats how I feel x

Lea - your SIL 'knew you were trying' so no doubt told her fiance, so why would he say such a thing for all he knew you could have been trying for months with no joy to me thats a really insensitive thing to say & I can totally understand why it would upset you, sometimes people just dont think before they say things, my BIL doesnt know we're ttc but on numerous occassions he will say 'you dont understand, you dont have kids' which really hurts :cry:

Its feeling very festive here, the snow was muchos grande this morning x
one thing I am so peed off about though is the fact that our huge new shooping centre in town isnt having a Santa's grotto, a christmas tree or playing xmas songs' because it offends the people that dont celebrate xmas :hissy: but they will celebrate diwalii & other religious things whether we find it offensive or not :hissy: really pisses me off

Lea - sorry you are feeling upset hun :hugs:

But I very much doubt your BIL meant to upset you, he didn't know you weren't trying any more so you are probably being a little over sensitive in my opinion :hugs:

Men dont understand any of the heartache that women have to go through & he probably just saw it as a bit of 'friendly competition' between your DH & him to see who could 'win' :dohh:

Did your DH not say anything to him about you not trying? coz if he is leading people to believe you are still trying then maybe he isn't totally opposed to the idea? (just a thought) xx

Anyway, thanks Reedy, you understand where I'm coming from. It is a worry isn't it. All I want is to not have to worry, I think we deserve it. Saving up money to cover living costs will be a big help (just in case, should the worst happen). I'm sure it will work out but that doesn't stop me worrying!

Oh I hate political correctness with a passion. This is England with a majority Christian faith, we celebrate Christmas, get over it people! Seriously does my head in. We are tolerant but not of our indigenous religion and customs it seems.

Ahh lucky you having snow ! No snow down here - just very cold. We don't often get snow.

Oh I hate political correctness with a passion. This is England with a majority Christian faith, we celebrate Christmas, get over it people! Seriously does my head in. We are tolerant but not of our indigenous religion and customs it seems.

Ahh lucky you having snow ! No snow down here - just very cold. We don't often get snow.

I'm not so sure anymore x

I was watching hollyoaks last night & that is a young white lad in it being racist & it got me thinking that whenever tv shows do a racist storyline its always white people that are being racist x it gives us a bad name & we're not all like that & I know other races arent that innocent x I believe religion is the route of the worlds problems

I'm not so sure anymore x

I was watching hollyoaks last night & that is a young white lad in it being racist & it got me thinking that whenever tv shows do a racist storyline its always white people that are being racist x it gives us a bad name & we're not all like that & I know other races arent that innocent x I believe religion is the route of the worlds problems

Agreed Reedy. It does seem to be weighted against certain people these days. It's a sad state of affairs isn't it.

Anyway, moving on.......I should start my opk testing as of tomorrow. I wonder if we'll be going for it this cycle.....!

Good luck with your OPKs Poshie x
Have you thoght anymore about ttc this cycle or leaving it till january??
Hows your sister doing? x

Well that's the million dollar question Reedy - still don't know whether to start this weekend or wait til next cycle (early Jan). My sister is doing okay thanks - she's nervous of course about it sticking (previous mc) but otherwise she's fine. I so so hope this is it I really do. That's another reason I was thinking of waiting til Jan. Oh I don't know!

I can understand your reasons for considering waiting but whats the difference between now & next month x
I'm sure your sister will be delighted if you were pg together x

Really hope this is a sticky bean for you sister hun x sending her tons & tons of sticky :dust:

That's sweet of you, thanks hun.

You are right about it only being another month and yes it would be pretty cool to both be pg at the same time (fx). The other slightly trivial thing is for some unknown reason, I always fancied a September baby, so if I did try this month and got lucky (yeah right!) it would be a 30 Aug EDD - maybe it would be late though eh;) We'll see what happens......need to have another chat with DH.

I've waited for this moment for 3 months, now it's here, I'm thinking of putting it back another month! Weird aren't I....;)

That's sweet of you, thanks hun.

You are right about it only being another month and yes it would be pretty cool to both be pg at the same time (fx). The other slightly trivial thing is for some unknown reason, I always fancied a September baby, so if I did try this month and got lucky it would be a 30 Aug EDD - maybe it would be late though eh;) We'll see what happens......need to have another chat with DH.

I've waited for this moment for 3 months, now it's here, I'm thinking of putting it back another month! Weird aren't I....;)

In a word yes :rofl: I'm just kidding its a scary thing x I'm a september baby :happydance: so would be great if I fell pg this month too x

As soon as we've decided for sure Reedy, I will let you know I promise.

Depending on exact cycle length of course, I would be due to test around 21 December.

:cry: I am feeling so low right now girls :cry: (details in my journal) can I have some hugs please? x

Afternoon ladies :hi: What's everyone been up to? I've been quite busy the past 5 days, but now it's back to work :cry:

Hi Chris x

Did you have a good thanksgiving? x
hate coming back to work when you have had a few days off x

Nicky - going to read your journal now x :hug::hugs:

Thanksgiving was GREAT! Thanks! Yes, it totally sucks coming back to work after having a few days off. :dohh: But usually by Noon I'm back in the swing of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->