WTT weddings...

toffee87

Reaction score
Some of us are engaged. I'm not yet, but we are in the summer, once we've moved in together :happydance:

We want a low key wedding, and splash out on the party and honeymoon.

For those of you wedding planning, what's your budget?

I'm gonna get a dress from BHS or some where...

https://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/bhsstore/91594/1/1 They look lovely and are cheap :)

Have you chosen a dress? When's your day? xxx

Im not engaged yet either :( But we where thinking of getting married this summer something very small with a couple people. I would like to do it by the water if possible...by the lake or ocean. Not sure what kind of dress I want...something Celtic inspired that's for sure!

Well, I got married last year and our budget was $6000, $5000 of which was food, drink and location. We expected to pay for everything ourselves, so when our parents gave us some money we had enough to go on an extra special honeymoon to Hawaii which was another $3000, but we wouldn't have done that otherwise.

We're not engaged. we talk about it, but I don't think OH wants to for a looong time. T-T I would have liked to get married before baby though....

We are not engaged yet but I am told on good authority that we will be this year!! We know exactly what sort of wedding we want, where we want it and how how we want it. We know what it will cost us and we are going to stay in the venue next month for 2 nights to see how we feel about it so that we know for sure when the time comes to book it.

We want a very relaxed and casual day with lots of fun and laughter, we are doing it in our favourite town, opposite the beach and with abuot 40 or so of our nearest and dearest.

It will be perfect for us as I am sure yours will be for you :hugs:

xxx

Iv been told were going to get engaged one day( i ware if he says one day about something else im gonna rub chilli's in the crotch of his boxers) but dont know when cos surprise surprise hes not ready. Have you looked on ebay broody? Zarababy got hers of there for £70

I'm already married but I want to say congratulations to those engaged and good luck to those waiting - planning a wedding's one of the most fun things I've ever done, and I hope you find that too :) xx

We're not officially engaged, but we do have a wedding date set for September 14th, 2011. Is that odd?

lol - Nik_, you need to get the ring!! TBH, something similar has happened to my friend recently... if there's no ring in 6 months you need to drag him shopping! x

We are getting engaged in Dec when he comes to this country. (he lives in America).

Not WTT but engaged so thought I would butt in:p

I tried a dress on in BHS last week, its in the brochure they have but not online for some reason and it was a bad fit, really tight at the top, big at the waist and really long. I was planning on getting a custom made one anyway but was desperate to try one on :p :lol:

We're 'engaged vocally' as in, we don't have the ring yet, but we're practically a married couple :dohh::rofl:

OH has been saying he'll get me a ring as soon as he can afford one, so for a fair few months now! Still waiting for him to find a job. =/

I'm either going to make my own dress or find a plainish one off of ebay or something and decorate it myself. :)

Im engaged. Getting married on the 6th June.
If you all like planning weddings you can plan mine! The stress is driving me loopy!
I love him, but really.. sooner we get this out the way the better! :rofl:

I got married in October, though it was very very low key. It was just our parents and my uncle and aunt, and a family friend married us in a beautiful very personal ceremony. I didn't have a wedding dress, but I did get a very pretty formal-ish dress. Then we all wen out to dinner at a fab restaurant. The restaurant+my dress came to $750 which my parents paid for. We do want to do a recommitment ceremony/party in a few years when we are on our feet. For then I don't know what my budget will be but we wont do it until we can have a nice party with our friends (nothing very big though), a pretty wedding dress, and a fab honeymoon (we never got one, and we haven't even been on a vacation).

I got married to my OH in November last year, our wedding cost us 8 grand! We were supposed to be doing it on the cheap but ended up splashing out on things that were that bit nicer :)
The average wedding now costs nearly 20grand! How do people spend that amount on it?!
My father in law gave me away and then took me back again lol, I had a few aunties and uncles from my family there but im not in contact with my dad or my brothers, so it was mainly OH's family and friends there.
I got my dress and my bridesmaids dresses from an ebay shop, which is an actual shop in Portsmouth, I would highly recommend Ebay BUT be careful and dont buy from China!
My dress was made to measure and all my bridesmaid/flowergirls dresses, and for mine and 4 others came to £800, Bargain in my opinion!
If anyone wants any ideas as to where are the best places to shop/look online for bargains let me know. I have a HUGE list here, i spent 10 months planning my wedding, I may have got a bit OTT with it but im glad I did, because it went without a hitch! :)
Good Luck to all you ladies who have the fun and stress of it to come :) x

im not married or engaged lol..but me and my bf talk about it quite a bit. Even our parents talk about it, they've already started saving lol.
I thought i wanted a small wedding..but when i added immediate family; first aunties and uncles and cousins, it came to 85 people! thats without friends or distant family...so im sure ill end up having a rather large wedding. Im opting for a wedding at a winery..i think its so beautiful and elegant, not to mention the photos ive seen of weddings have been absolutly gorgeous.

very excited to plan that event..wont be for another 3 years at least though! lol

Re. the wedding dresses from china comment, theres a few threads on a a wedding forum and they have all been overly happy with their dresses, they give pictures throughout the process and will do pretty much anything you want. If you aren't happy with the end result they will do another for you. So great for people on a budget.

Re. the wedding dresses from china comment, theres a few threads on a a wedding forum and they have all been overly happy with their dresses, they give pictures throughout the process and will do pretty much anything you want. If you aren't happy with the end result they will do another for you. So great for people on a budget.

Mine were from China, but made to measure through an official shop. Got nothing against them coming from there but just be careful when ordering sizes as they can be different, long way to post them back lol.

Um, well i'm only just engaged, but i have no idea what our budget will be. OH seems to want a big expensive venue etc so will probably cost a fortune. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed already! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->