WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Hi ladies,

Yah to announcing the gender to your friends and family Almosthere, so exciting!

Sunshine - the AF style cramps are really worrying at times I remember them well, my midwife said to me try to see them as a positive size that your uterus is changing to accommodate your growing child as opposed to a negative - easier said than done I know. I never had an official blood test or levels checked with my GP until my 8 week midwife appointment I think, it was some time ago now that it's a bit of a blur but I know I didn't see GP and have pregnancy confirmed etc. although it may have been different for me as I was in hospital early on as suspected ectopic so guess they confirmed then. I'm sure all will be ok, I know how worrying these first weeks can be but I'm sure all will be ok x

Jem - happy birthday :) hope you have a wonderful day x

So who is next to pop? Presh them Jem?

Afm, things are going ok. Archie is doing well on the formula and seems to be a real eater at the moment. I am demand feeding so that we can build his weight back up which the midwife was fine with, so every 3/4 hrs I guess which I think is the normal timings. He is a real daytime sleeping and night time waker so the last few days have been tough with not much sleep. Tonight has been better, we seem to be in a routine of waking every 3/4 hrs, give him 3/4 of his feed, bum change then feed the rest and off to zzz we go! I have been some what up and down emotionally but think that this is mainly due to the lack of sleep and also the whole feeding thing. We've been inundated with visitors and gifts, which is lovely but I've told hubby we are closing for visitors tomorrow as I've had enough. Don't get me wrong it's lovely that people want to come over and see him but it's just too much at the moment, and I need to sleep when he does. DH is bonding more with Archie now he is bottle feeding - I think he found it quite daunting at first as e has never really been involved with the care of a new born baby so things like how to hold, bum changes, winding etc are all completely new to him. He is also right in the middle of quiting smoking which is agitating him, not the best time to give up but he wants to do it.

Sorry if I've missed anyone x

I've just seen Facebook!!! Congratulations, she is a beauty!
So much to catch up on..... Off to do my NVQ today, will catch later, sending lots of love to everyone xxxxx

Congratulations Presh!! Looking forward to hearing your crazy birth story!! xx

hi ladies how are you all doing?

Do you have snow? we have a fair bit here in bristol about 9cms.

ill be 6 weeks on Sunday :) still waiting for my booking appt with the midwife- looking forward to getting the appt so i know things are okay.
Symptom wise I've been getting shooting pains in bbs and nipples - owww! cramps still but less frequent, frequent bath room visits lol, and intermittent morning sickness- just feeling sick but wow it starts at 5am- sort of coincides with my random early hours waking at 4.30am most mornings and exhausted in work by mid afternoon! hope this is all normal stuff! and oh my i am so thirsty all the time- no food is appealing to me my lips are dry! could do with a lovely ice lolly but we are out of them and i can't go out as the snow is freezing!

Would love an unbiased opinion on something- today woke up and snow really quite bad and still was falling heavy when i went to get in car- hardly no cars left my street this morning and i really didn't want to risk driving into work and getting stranded on the way- the police are advising again all but essential travel. So thought i would get the bus, all buses then cancelled! OH is offshore so no other ways of getting into work really, texted my boss telling her i am trying to get in but don't feel safe driving plus don't want to get stranded on way with no facilities if journey inevitably takes 5x as long! she sent me a text back saying can you walk? thats all she said- she knows about our lovely news and has been nice about it at work but today i feel she is cross with me for not walking in its 5 and half miles. MIL said i am not to drive or walk as she lives on main roads and they were struggling (we live in a side road) i just feel really worried I'm going to get into trouble on Monday when i go back in as she said others got in from areas surrounding mine- I'm not a wimp and i wouldn't use bump as a excuse i genuinely tried so hard and nw feel awful for not going in- even though i would finish at 5pm and have to the 5 and half mile walk in the dark in snow which is now freezing over as there are no buses running. Love little bean so much and wouldn't want to put them at risk. As it stands I've been docked a days pay but thats little price to pay for me and bean being safe and refusing to walk ten miles today or driving when i don't feel safe.

So sorry just needed a rant!

Hope you are all warm and if you have snow keep safe xxx

Sunshine - you made the right decision, you should not be expected to talk 5 1/2 miles each way in this weather, expecting or not. If she mentions it to you I think you should ask if you can discuss it privately and tell her that tried your best and that you were actually quite disappointed that she would expect you to do that.

Sunshine you are completely entitled to stay at home if you feel that your personal safety is at risk! I also think it was very rude of your boss to suggest you walk 5.5 miles!! Even if you weren't pregnant that is a very unreasonable request! Please don't stress yourself out about it because as you've said you've made a reasonable attempt to get to work but as your personal safety was at risk, you chose to stay at home! They would not have covered your insurance if you happened to bump your car either!
I would have done exactly the same as you, so don't worry about it! Hope you're well! :)

Thank you so much Elz and Sonia, thats really helped :hugs: you are so right. I'm such a little worrier and i think she knows how conscientious i am so i think she sort of played at that today. She knows roughly where I lives so she should have known its not just a stroll away so she shouldn't have needed to ask if i can walk.- i had to tell her no i can't walk six miles- but even if she thought it was only a couple of miles, thats still a risk and if i was her wouldn't have asked anyone to walk in- id feel awful if anything had happened to them! Anyway at least me and little bean are safe! :)

How is Archie Sonia? are you and hubby okay? x

How are you Elz? xxx

I'm alright thanks, enjoying my day off because of the snow but Hubby is in work so I'm a bit apprehensive until he's home safe and sound! I'm on CD11 now and attempting the SMEP (without DH's knowledge to avoid pressure!!) and also having my legs propped up after dtd!!! Haha! We'll see if these tac-tics work in 17 days! Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone else is enjoying the snow if you've got it!! :)

You should have come and get me if you like? :)

I am good thanks, as is Archie. We've had a few touch days, up and down and am shattered but we're settling into a routine now, well I think and hope! He was due to go into hospital today to have his tongue snipped due to tongue tie but it's been moved to Wednesday, pleased really considering the weather - it's quite bad here with snow, ice and high winds. We had a really tough night a few nights ago where he was awake 12-7 and just would settle no matter what. I never thought I'd be so grateful and excited, plus feel so energised after 3 hours solid sleep x

Elz- good luck for this month- sending you lots of baby dust and I'm sure this will be your month, i did read up about the SMEP plan, what worked for me was the Clearblue fertility monitor esp pinpointed days so really knew we did when the time was right esp with my irregular cycles! I'm more than willing to lend that to you i can post etc if you do want to borrow it- its a miracle worker for me! if not no worries but id love you to get success on it too- it takes first month to get used to you and then second month it should be more accurate- it was for me. Anyway let me know. :hugs: xxxx

Sonia- it sounds like you are doing amazingly well, settling in nicely and getting that routine established, i bet you are exhausted - are you catching naps when little one sleeping. I think you right about it being good Archies appt moved its so dangerous out there. Hope it all goes well. Hope you manage to feel more awake soon and get some sleep. So pleased for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->