WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Hope everyone is ok?

Sorry I haven't been on much, had a complete melt down last night, bloody hormones! Went to baby clinic yesterday where I was basically accused of over feeding Archie because he went from 7lb 15 to 9lb 13 in ten days. Sick of conflicting advice from midwives, one says feed on demand, another only feed every four hours - I'd have social services round from him screaming if I let him go four hours! Thank god for mums ah, had to call her last night to come keep me sane. Sorry to moan on, hope you're all ok x

Sonia I understand why getting varying/contradicting advice would be frustrating and especially being accused of over feeding how bold of them to be rude to you!

I've always demand fed my babies at this stage! Your soon know if your
Over feeding coz he would be sick all the time!
Your his mummy and you know best!
X

Thanks both, he's never sick and I thought the same Jem.
So he mormally has 4oz but tonight he just wouldn't settle so I tried him on another oz afterwards and he took it and crashed, that was at ten o clock, asleep by eleven woke at 3am - mummy has slept :dance:

We've just fed again and I did the same, 4oz with an extra oz if he drained the bottle and he did and took it, broke himself off with about a quarter of an oz to go, is now settling back to sleep (it's 4am here). I'm happy for him to have 5oz if he'll take it himself and is satisfied for longer x

Jem - any twinges?

No twinges, she is a bit quiet so I'm just going to drink some juice an just about to make me happy :/

Hows everyone doing?

I'm 40 weeks tomoz!!!! Got period pains today but Shaun made me something spicy last night so it could be just not agreeing with me??

Love to you all x

EEEEK so exciting Jem-do you think she will arrive tomorrow right on time?!? Are period pains a sign of labor about to begin?

That's how my other two started then contractions... No change in me though x

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

Eek Jem, I reckon this is gonna be it for you, hope your little girl comes on her due date! I have my fingers crossed that Ruby doesn't keep you waiting.

Sonia, like the others said, just ignore them you know best! I demand fed Seth and still do to a certain extent, yeah he's getting into a set routine but if one day he's ready for his bottle half an hour earlier than normal I'm not gonna leave him to scream! And as for the weight gain, you've obviously just got a healthy little boy who loves his milk! I got told by my health visitor that its almost impossible to over feed at this stage as their gag reflex and weak tummy muscle thing would mean they'd throw up whatever they didn't need xx

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

Eek Jem, I reckon this is gonna be it for you, hope your little girl comes on her due date! I have my fingers crossed that Ruby doesn't keep you waiting.

Sonia, like the others said, just ignore them you know best! I demand fed Seth and still do to a certain extent, yeah he's getting into a set routine but if one day he's ready for his bottle half an hour earlier than normal I'm not gonna leave him to scream! And as for the weight gain, you've obviously just got a healthy little boy who loves his milk! I got told by my health visitor that its almost impossible to over feed at this stage as their gag reflex and weak tummy muscle thing would mean they'd throw up whatever they didn't need xx

Jem, anything????

Sonia, some HV's seriously are a waste of space. I was told Kai was too big, then he started walking and he was too small. I stopped listening in the end. He's perfectly healthy. You're doing a fab job x

Jem how exciting, I hope this is it for you and your little baby girl!!!!

Hi :)
Sonia: I can't believe they told you you were over feeding!! Seriously, I wonder where some of these people get their qualifications!! You do what works for you and Archie, stuff the baby clinic and it's "advice"
Almost: Glad that bug didn't hit you too hard! Hope your well otherwise. :) x
Jem: Good luck babe!! Hope those period pains were the start of something xx

I'm due to have my section on Tuesday :) 5th Feb, very excited and very nervous. I've just made the wee ones crib up with sheets and everything and it kinda freaked me out that I'm actually going to have a very small person sleeping in there soon!! Made all our plans for the hospital, childcare, who's visiting when etc etc! So it's really feeling like it's a bit more real now! I'm so over pregancy though, I can't wait to meet my little boy :)

Still pregnant, still have period pains! Boo hoo.

Goodluck Low Bird, hope your c section goes well and you get some rest after. Love to see a photo.

I've got two bored girls because I didn't make any plans, thinking I'd have a baby... What to do? Xx
Hope your all ok xx

Jem I am rooting for this little one to come out very soon for you!

iow-I can't beleive your little one is almost here...eeek!!!! Tomorrow you will be able to say "my baby will be in my arms THIS week, yay!" (or is it already sunday there b.c if it is then its already next week hehe it is sat. here!)

afm have to go to open house sdo working a couple hours O.T. but with my commute I wont be home until 12:00 and that is if it does not run late like last time. Off to get ready, have a lovely day ladies!!!

Ooooh iow good luck for Tuesday x

Jem, I bet by Monday the little lady arrives! x

Almost, don't work too hard x

Thanks ladies for all of your advice. I am going to 'sod them off' so to speak and feed him when he is hungry! They also told us to switch to vari flow tests but he loses so much milk, like soaks through two bibs so I've switched back to slow flow and he doesn't lose a dribble and only took 3.5/4oz which he never does - makes me think how much he was losing down himself each feed. Maybe the vari flow was better before his tongue was untied.

Iow - good luck for Tuesday, that's my brothers bday!

Jem - I'm going Tuesday as well for you! How was Demi's party? I think you said it was her birthday / party?

Hope everyone else is well!

Honestly Sonia, you're his Mummy, you know best!! Think of the HV as advice you can take or leave!

I lost some of my plug today and been getting the odd crampy contractiony thing this afternoon, so maybe baby will be here a bit sooner than tuesday. Here's hoping, cos I'd quite like to go into labour naturally and then have my section once labour is established, better for baby that way.

Almost: Tomorrow I can say my baby will be here tomorrow!!! It's already Sunday here, so definately can say baby will be here this week :) hehe!

Hope your wee girly comes along soon Jem and stops messing you about!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"