• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Thanks ladies the balloon worked! 1 to 2 cm dilated....so excited to finally be dilated and lost my mucus plug! 6 woman in labor so my pitocin induction is being delayed by a few hours give or take :/ but baby should arrive no later than tomorrow I would hope!

Hope Liam has arrived by now!! Can't wait to hear your birth story!!

Hey Maz!! :hi: x

I'm sure they'll be fine, if he's here she'll probably be recovering and getting used to being a mummy! She may even still be in labour, inductions can take ages can't they?!!!

Xx

Ladies hope you all okay.

So worried just found out I have Group B strep :-( does any one know about it?

Could cry xx

Hi sunshine,

I don't know too much about it but I know 2 people that had it, and somebody else that has it now. Basically I think what happens is you just have to be monitored throughout labour (so no water births etc) and I think you and your baby have to have antibiotics (they put you on a drip) I may be completely wrong here though! I do know however that nothing bad happened with either the mothers or the babies, so try not to worry too much. I know this is easier said then done as its very worrying to be told you have anything, but I've just looked and 1 in 5 pregnant women carry group b strep, yet only 1 in 2000 babies born develop an infection. The ratio is even higher when it comes to anything more serious.

Has your midwife not given you any information? You would think they would really, not just tell you and send you on your merry way!

Xx

News via Facebook on Kayla ladies, I won't spoil it though :)

I don't much about strepb sunshine but think there is a risk it will transfer from mother to baby in the birth canal so give antibiotics to be safe. Definitely give your midwife a call. had a quick look on NHS website and they say they treat them with penicillin until blood tests confirm that the baby doesn't have it and monitor closely for the first 12 hrs.

I was told I had group strep B with Demi. When I went into labour I was hooked up onto a drip but could still move freely. I had no thoughts on a water birth so did question it back then. I too was very worried.... It turn out once I delivered I actually had group strep C!!!
So this sent everyone into panic as no one knew anything about it? They took Demi to special care for 20 mins to monitor her and she was fine. There was no need to give her antibiotics after birth as it is different.

I remember my midwife saying that with group strep B they would also give the baby antibiotics through there hand. My main concern was having her taken away from me but I was assured that we wouldn't be parted when she had the medicine.
It's really common actually but can be serious If not treated and its not routinely checked here (I bled at 11 weeks so I was swabbed)

Not much help but try not to worry as they know you have it and you and your baby will be treated :) xxxx

Massive congratulations to you Kayla xxxxx

Almost- waiting to hear from you. By now you must be holding yohr son in your arms.....

He must be here by now, so huge congrats Kayla!! X

He is here, but like Sonia said, we won't spoil it for Kayla by giving details! I'm sure she will be on to update when she can.

Congrats again mommy!! Xx

Thanks ladies!!!! I will have to copy paste my birth story as it is quite long-it was very rough and I am going to be recovering longer than usual due to my grade 4 tears but anywho check out my journal if I dont get to posting it here tonight

Hi ladies!!! So here is my birth story for Liam Michael who met the world Wednesday, June 5th at 2:01pm and weighed 7.9lbs and 21 inches long. I went to my ultrasound and prental appt monday morning. Scan was better than ever with great fluids, but my 24 hours urine test came back borderline preeclamptic. My dr. was on call that night, so she asked if I wanted induction that night or wait until wed or thurs. I decided since I still had no dilation that I prob. wouldnt dilate enough in a couple more days so I went in at 5pm Monday night. I was given an early induction method when there is no dilation-a balloon that stays in for 12 hours and usually dilates you to 3-4cm. Well, Tuesday morning rolled around and by 7am the balloon was removed and I was only 1-2cmdilated so they couldnt break my water yet. The hospital was so packed with woman in labor that I had to wait 5 hours before I could get my pitocin. I went all the way up to 20 in pitocin having back to back 2 minute long contractions each-owch!!! It was not too bad so I kept denying epidural. I dilated quite fast and so my dosage was dropped to 9 in pitocin...and my water was broken Wednesday-this made my contractions unbearable so I finally gave in and had the super painful epidural at 8cmdilation and 90 or so effacement! I almost fainted from the pain of the contractions while waiting for the epidural process to finish-that was no fun either. It was so good that I got the epidural, because I ended up having 4th degree tearing-so internal vaginal tearing along with rectal tearing even with my episiotomy. Liam had to get vaccumed out because his heart rate dropped to only 70...I was unable to see him until after the pediatrician and baby nurse checked him which made me sad, but they had to tap his back and get mucus out and such. I am now at home with a leg catheter since I could pee but I could not fully empty my bladder. I go to my ob monday for removal and if all is well I will be done with the catheter! Liam's first appt. is monday as well-sooo excited!!! Now, here is the other love of my life who we finally got to bring home lat night!

Attachments

• Baby and nursery! 116.jpg
    Baby and nursery! 116.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations Kayla, he is beautiful :hugs:

Lots of love and congrats to Mummy and Daddy - take care xxxx

Just wrote in your journal but congratulations, he is very scrummy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads