x

lilysmum2

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am on Cerazette mini pill and for the past week or so I have had very bad diarrhea.

Now what are the odds it will affect the pill.? I'm kinda guessing all your answers already:dohh:

think it does effect the pill, think it needs to be in ur system for 3 hours xxx

I'm pretty certain it isn't too bad, not as bad as the normal pill anyway. It's the pill I'm on and I can't believe I don't even know lol! Maybe google it?

from netdoctor

If you vomit or have severe diarrhoea within three to four hours of taking a pill, it may not have been fully absorbed into your bloodstream and so may be less effective at preventing pregnancy. You should use extra contraception, eg condoms, during the stomach upset and for two days after you recover, while continuing to take your pills as normal.

Are you exclusively breastfeeding? Have you had a period yet? Exclusively breastfeeding will help protect against pregnancy too, although it isn't 100%. Best bet is to do a test hun to be sure.

There's a 12 hour window to take it in.. but yes it can affect it. x

It can affect the pill because as above it might not get absorbed into your body.

Saying that I was on the pill for years, not Cerazette, it was Microgynon 30 and I was sick on it many times and never fell pregnant.

:haha: Just use extra precautions if unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->